bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do i say?  (Read 6013 times)

lilitalienboi16

What do i say?
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:50:45 AM »

I had a friend who replied to a post of mine, with this. He told me pretty much that Some of the Bible is Gods inspired Word while some of it is not. He quoted alot of passges from the story of Moses, and said that Moses was being fed lies by the devil. Have a read of it yourself. I really don't know how to reply to Him about these specific Bible verses... I myself am a bit confused lol.

Most of the Christian Bible is the God-breathed word of God. Tragically however, many humans were responsible for its authorship and it is obvious that some things attributed to God as His will could not possibly come from God for they in no manner reflect the love of God but rather the type of laws, rules, admonitions, decrees, demands, or orders which would have been inspired by Satan.

Therefore it is essential that people learn to detect those verses and passages which are neither God-breathed nor God-inspired.

Following are a few examples of passages which are obviously not the actual will of God:

EXODUS 21:17: and again in LEVITICUS 21:9 “And he who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.�

If God actually wanted us to kill every child who in the throws of growing up, cursed or talked back to his or her parent then the population of our world would be significantly smaller than it is today, and that is not God’s answer to our current overpopulation problem.

EXODUS 21:20-21: “And if a man beats his servant or his maidservant with a rod…(and he or she)…remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he (or she) is his property.

Does anyone actually believe that employees have ever been personal property in God’s eyes and that killing one is ok because they are nothing more than a piece of property?

EXODUS 22:19 and also in LEVITICUS 20:15-16 “Whoever lies with a beast shall surely be put to death.�

If every farm boy who had had a calf, a goat or a sheep as his first girlfriend, was put to death, then we probably wouldn’t have enough farmers left to feed the hungry. God never said that.

EXODUS 31:15 “Whoever does ANY work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.�

How could anyone who knows the love of God believe that God would have anyone who did any honest work on Sunday, killed?

LEVITICUS 20:10 “The adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death�.

Surely, if throughout history every adulterer and adulteress who had ever lived had been put to death it would have depopulated much of the planet. That is not to say that adultery is not a sin before God, but He has never been so bloodthirsty that He demanded death for the average sinner.

LEVITICUS 20:13 “If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman…they shall surely be put to death.�

God never said that He would have His children killed who happened to have been born with a God-given genetic heritage which made them prefer members of their same sex as partners. If this were true we would not have been blessed with the world’s greatest works of art dedicated to God and His Glory.

LEVITICUS 20:27 “A man or a woman who is a medium…shall surely be put to death.�

God has blessed many men and woman with remarkable spiritual and prophetic skills with which to divine the future and help people. Why in the world would He have those people whom he has blessed as seers, killed?

LEVITICUS 24:16 “And whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him.�

Wow, if everyone on earth who, in a momentary fit of anger, used a blasphemous word, was put to death by their congregation, our churches would be mostly empty. Surely this is not the law of a loving and forgiving God!!!

LEVITICUS 25:45-46 “Moreover you may buy the children of strangers…and they shall become your property. And you may take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them as a possession; they shall be your permanent slaves.�

This Satanic verse has caused great human misery and injustice for thousands of years. God never said this!!!

LEVITICUS 26:29 “You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters�

If these aren’t the words of the devil then nothing is!!!

LEVITICUS 27:5 “Your valuation of a (human) male shall be twenty shekels, and for a female ten shekels.�

God created both male and female to be equals. He never said that women were only worth half as much as men.

NUMBERS 15:32-36 “…they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day…Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘The man must surely be put to death�…So as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.�

God would have said “Thou shall not kill�. It was obviously Satan who told Moses to kill the poor stick gatherer.

NUMBERS 31:15-18 “And Moses said to them: ‘Have you kept all the women alive?…Now therefore kill every male among the little ones; and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls…’

This is ‘genocide’ and ‘ethnic cleansing’ at its worst—obviously it was Satan who was misleading Moses—certainly not a loving and forgiving God.

These are the just a few of the verses from only three books of the Bible in which men of God were tricked by Satan into believing that they were writing down or doing God’s will.

Therefore, Lil, the bible you constantly quote, and the source of your "wisdom", is partly the word of SATAN.  Unless you have the actual scriptures from "GOD" I would have to say you have been worshiping the Devil.

Now, be a good Lil and go listen to your Black Sabbath records backwards.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Notice He said i was worshiping the "devil" for believing in scripture. Not sure what to do because He has me in a stump with these SPECIFIC verses.

Ok God bless, and thanks again.

Alex

zander

What do i say?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 12:04:06 PM »

Anyone who tells you that you are worshipping the devil by beleiving in scripture is not worth arguing with.  God does indeed destroy, kill, allow injustice and evil.  God created ALL these bad things for Satan to execute.  It is only by evil that we are humbled.  Without evil there would only be good.  Only having good is not part of the maturing process.  Unfortunately we have to experience both - only then can we learn.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. ISA 45:7

But remember evil is TEMPORARY.  Good is eternal.

shibboleth

What do i say?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:19:55 PM »

I believe what your friend fails to realize is that the 613 laws of the OT were given to the Israelite people. They had a theocracy{God rule} which was incorprated in everything they did. They were told what type of foods to eat, or not eat, what kind of clothes to wear, or not wear, how to deal with diseases, childbirth, sin, death, cleanliness, cooking. Almost every aspect of their life was regulated by a law.
The capital punishment laws were probably not used as often as the law required. How many people would actually want to be the first one to throw a stone at a guilty person? The accusor was required by law to do this. As far as a child being put to death for mouthing off to his parents; this is not what the passage is teaching. This is a child who is continually doing things against Gods laws. He may harm others because of his abusive temper and actions. This isn't just a kid who says they hate their Mom and Dad occasionally. As far as the man who was stoned for picking up sticks on the sabbath is concerned, there are times when God required the extreme measure of the law to be used to show His people how ugly sin is and how they are unable to keep even the smallest dot or tittle of it.
There were probably many people who didn't keep the sabbath perfectly and they weren't killed.
Tell your frien we would all be dead if we had to keep the law perfectly. The wages of sin is death, after all.

Harryfeat

What do i say?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 03:03:16 PM »

Quote from: shibboleth
I believe what your friend fails to realize is that the 613 laws of the OT were given to the Israelite people. They had a theocracy{God rule} which was incorprated in everything they did. They were told what type of foods to eat, or not eat, what kind of clothes to wear, or not wear, how to deal with diseases, childbirth, sin, death, cleanliness, cooking. Almost every aspect of their life was regulated by a law.
The capital punishment laws were probably not used as often as the law required. How many people would actually want to be the first one to throw a stone at a guilty person? The accusor was required by law to do this. As far as a child being put to death for mouthing off to his parents; this is not what the passage is teaching. This is a child who is continually doing things against Gods laws. He may harm others because of his abusive temper and actions. This isn't just a kid who says they hate their Mom and Dad occasionally. As far as the man who was stoned for picking up sticks on the sabbath is concerned, there are times when God required the extreme measure of the law to be used to show His people how ugly sin is and how they are unable to keep even the smallest dot or tittle of it.
There were probably many people who didn't keep the sabbath perfectly and they weren't killed.
Tell your frien we would all be dead if we had to keep the law perfectly. The wages of sin is death, after all.

Are you saying that  the 613 laws in  Leviticus and Numbers are civil laws and are not devinely inspired?

rvhill

What do i say?
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 04:20:27 PM »

Quote from: Harryfeat

Are you saying that  the 613 laws in  Leviticus and Numbers are civil laws and are not devinely inspired?

that what Jesus said

Mat 5:31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.'[f] 32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

think about the part about throwing stones

Harryfeat

What do i say?
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 04:41:34 PM »

Quote from: rvhill
Quote from: Harryfeat

that what Jesus said

Mat 5:31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.'[f] 32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

think about the part about throwing stones

If that's the case then Alex's friend might be on the right track.

hillsbororiver

What do i say?
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »

Mosaic Laws are a shadow of the Spiritual Laws Jesus brought to us. This is the process of growing from carnal physical things which leads to death, to being reborn in the Spirit to life. Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant and gave us a new one, one that leads to reconciliation not to seperation.

Joe

bobf

What do i say?
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 11:07:46 PM »

The law of Moses is God-breathed, but it is only a shadow of the spiritual truths it teaches in the spirit, not in the letter.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.[/list:u]

Jesus did not obey the letter of the law to stone the adulterous woman.   Instead he obeyed the law of love and showed mercy to her.  So which was righteous, what Jesus did or what the law said to do?  Obviously not the letter of the law.

And obeying the letter of the OT law regarding divorce MAKES ONE an adulterer.

So the letter of the law does not teach righteosuness.

hillsbororiver

What do i say?
    « Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 11:39:13 PM »

Bobf,

it is exactly that, a shadow. A shadow is only a faint image of the source.
    Jesus did not obey the letter because He was the fulfillment, He was Spirit in the flesh. Showing us how the letter of the carnal/phyisical was not the way to salvation, not the way to the 1st Resurrection.

Mosaic Law, Do not murder; Spiritual Law, Do not hate, or speak evil of your brethren

Mosaic Law; Do not commit adultery; Spiritual Law; Do not look at a woman with lust

Obeying the letter of the Mosaic Law is not an issue when you are obeying the Spirtual, as the Spiritual supercedes, is superior to the carnal (Mosaic).

Joe

theyachtman

What do i say?
    « Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 11:53:06 PM »

DIVORCE does NOT cause the the chain of Adultery as described in Matthew 5:31.  It is the Babylonian style of 'PUTTING AWAY' without a writ or decree  of divorce that does.

There are 2 different greek words for each and we can once again thank our translators for inserting the incorrect one!

bobf

What do i say?
    « Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 01:24:52 AM »

Quote from: theyachtman
    DIVORCE does NOT cause the the chain of Adultery as described in Matthew 5:31.  It is the Babylonian style of 'PUTTING AWAY' without a writ or decree  of divorce that does.

There are 2 different greek words for each and we can once again thank our translators for inserting the incorrect one!

Following the letter of the law of Moses (putting away your wife with a bill of divorcement if she loses your favor) is committing adultery.  Why?  Because the two are one flesh.

Matthew 19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? 8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.  9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except [it be] for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.[/list:u]

With or without a writ, its adultery.  A writ is not "except it be for fornication."

bobf

What do i say?
      « Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 01:26:08 AM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
      Obeying the letter of the Mosaic Law is not an issue when you are obeying the Spirtual, as the Spiritual supercedes, is superior to the carnal (Mosaic).

Joe

Amen Joe.

dogcombat

What do i say?
      « Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »

Alex

Your friends analogy is probably better off ignored.  If God has revealed the Truth to you, your freind won't accept you anyway.  

"Never argue with a fool, No one will know the difference".

Ches

Mickyd

What do i say?
      « Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 09:58:54 PM »

One thing to keep in mind folks....Civil government was much differant in those days. Many things were legal then that are not now, such as slavery. Many things mentioned as laws to Israel were laws when DEALING with the laws of man.
      Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.