bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Religion/Repitition  (Read 6092 times)

D Student

Religion/Repitition
« on: August 14, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »

Matthew 7: 15-20

About 3 years ago I was invited to a small Church where my friend was a Cell Group Leader. I met some of her friends(Middle/HighSchoolers) that were sooo educated and had alllll the answers. They seemed like nice people, but kind of drove me crazy after hearing their personal belief lectures over & over.
   Being so proud that GOD himself had chosen them. The Senior Pastor and the Youth Pastor were so kind as to grant them the gift of leadership, after reading the manuals prepaired for them.

Their Bible studies were AWSOME!!! Everyone got together with hugs, handshakes, kisses and laced with big smiles. Then everyone went to their PRIVATE areas in the room so they could be 1 on 1 with God and get to scream out their Love & Thanks, so ONLY GOD would hear them... Soothing music in the background to go along with this soothing PERSONAL time. I was in my corner, questioning??? What's going on?

" YESSS JESUS!!! OHHH AMEN JESUS!!! IN YOUR NAME JESUS!!! YESSS!!! AMEN & AMEN JESUS!!! "
    Matthew - 6:5-8

That's all I could hear for the first 30 minutes of personal time with our Lord. So after this was finished,
the Leader opened up her folder and looked at what topic was to be disscused that day.

" Everybody got their Sword? "  " Shiiiiinnggg! "   Oh, My, God,,, I did manage to hold my laughter in...
 So then that days verse was read, re-read and then was open for questions. Anyone who wanted to, was able to speak their mind. Then ofcourse the Answer was given to them. It was all written right there on the
Agenda. GOD is GREAT!!! So now everybody would go home and focus on what the Pastor jammed into their brain, ooops I mean what God had shown to them... I wondered the entire time, " They're not robots?"

At service the Senior Pastor would often talk about how he was short on CASH that week but always put in on his Tithes. He spoke of how he was blessed by finding money in the cracks or was given a good
deal/break on something. He indeed, was, BLESSED... Matthew 6:24

Then the Youth Pastor went in and shouted things like,
   " Who's our Lord? What?!! I can't hear you. I said, WHOS, OUR, LORD? "  "Amen & Amen..."

Always gave me the feeling like I was at a Pep-Ralley and we were going to the Super Bowl.
Funny at times yes, but when I knew that this was no joke, it killed me to hear this non-sense.
He would speak often of his visions that were given to him.

" Ohhh , Yesss, in Jesus name!!! I see myself standing at the Gates,,, Yesss,,, and there in front of me,
what do I see??? Ohhh, Ohhh, God is good. I see a line,,, it's a line of of people... People that I've brought to the Lord. Amen, in Jesus name, Amen...( while hopping up & down) Now, this line is nooo short line.
I look to see the end of this line,,, and,,, ohhhh this line, goes wayyyy back... I can't even see the end of this line... Amen Jesus Amen. That means I'll be getting a Crown beyond belief. Gold, Jewels, etc... "
MatthewMatthew 7: 21-23

This made me sick and I talked to my friend about this stuff. She said it was kinda over the board, but it was to boost up the joy & love for those that were seeking. The trips, the camps, the game nights all had very little to do with what was actually printed in their very own Bibles.

The beautiful stories of how their Partners in Brazil were trying to reach the LOST in the Favelas(ghettos)
 and had no money. Their trips were all about going into the ghettos and inviting the poor to , COME,
come and hear the Word of God. Ohhh yeah, and we'll give you food & drink to. It's on us.

Hummmmm...

In the pictures that were always later put into slideshows & videos, it made me wonder.
 Would'nt these people still have went to them even if they were to have told them,

" Hey everybody, we're Satanists. Yup, the Devils our Daddy & he hates you to "

Free food is free food and in Brazil that RARELY happens. I'm Brazilian and know alot of how things are always so twisted that it's not important to people to know, what's realy going on. Trying to stay alive is their mission in life. Matthew 6:1-4

Yay, it's fasting time. Everybody mark your calendars. Give thanks, Yesss,,, In Jesus name...
  Matthew 6:16-18

We're moving, Brothers & Sisters. Bigger, better, double the size. More room to Love the Lord. But it won't be cheap. I mean, look at what we already have spent on the new T.V.s, Speakers, Lights, etc...

WHAAAT??? Not for me... Matthew 6:6

Ok that's enough for now.

(In case you're wondering where & who.)

I spoke to the Pastor and asked questions. he was on point with everything. It's almost as if he had trained for such an occasion.............. 

Big Benny  <------- his Teacher had taught him welll...
Florida is a birthplace of this kind.  Amen and Amen

D Student

SixFour

Re: Religion/Repitition
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 10:28:47 PM »

D,

This reminds me of a large church in Raleigh, NC I was briefly associated with back in the early 90's. 'First time I had ever seen anything like you described. Religion and repitition indeed.

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 10:55:05 PM »

Hi D,

I feel like I was there! Wait a minute....I WAS there! A long while ago.

You have a great way of describing things D. I was cringing inside from the sheer hypocrisy of what they do.

Ursula

dawnnnny

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 01:11:27 AM »

This made me sick and I talked to my friend about this stuff. She said it was kinda over the board, but it was to boost up the joy & love for those that were seeking. The trips, the camps, the game nights all had very little to do with what was actually printed in their very own Bibles.

This made me think of the church my daughter attends (4-square) and I talked to her about it.  Why the services were always 75 minutes long, 4 songs (a bonus was a 5th one), never any alter calls for prayer, etc.  Its a larger church (1500 or so).  Anyway, she said its a "seeker church" and that was the first time I'd heard that descriptive term.  In essence, they fit their service to the "seeker" of God so they don't do anything that might be offensive (i.e., let a service go on too long, get too 'spiritual', etc.).  I asked my daughter, what about the flock? and she said that's why they have the smaller home groups. 

I don't know, the churches I had attended up to this point were more (or so it seemed at the time), led by the Spirit and not "set in concrete" so it was strange to me.

My daughter wants to get into the ministry, somewhere in the music/drama area.  She attended Hillsong International Leadership Institute in Sydney for two years specifically to prepare. 

Since reading some of these truths, I must admit it concerns me  :(    but I know my prayers are the most important thing I can do to help her.  I hope someday we can sit down and discuss these truths together.  I do pray that her eyes will be opened as mine have been (as well as my son's).

Anyway D - interesting post.  It really is amazing to see how these "Christians" behave isn't it?  I noticed yesterday while reading a lot of the posts to Mr. Smith from all these "Christians" that were just overflowing with LOVE  (being a little sarcastic here).  It was/is sad. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  Are you going to visit again?   ::)    (snicker snicker)

DuluthGA

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 02:39:12 AM »

Hi D brother   :) :D :)... to back up your casual conversation, here are the 'casual' verses you referenced from The Message [that just arrived at my house yesterday]:  (It seems to complement your scenario so well... more later brother...)

Matt7: 15-20   "Be wary of false preachers who smile a lot, dripping with practiced sincerity.  Chances are they are out to rip you off some way or other.  Don't be impressed with charisma; look for character.  Who preachers are is the main thing, not what they say.  A genuine leader will never exploit your emotions or your pocketbook.  These diseased trees with their bad apples are going to be chopped down and burned."

Matt 6: 5-8   "And when you come before God, don't turn that into a theatrical production either.  All these people make a regular show out of their prayers, hoping for stardom!  Do you think God sits in a box seat?

"Here's what I want you to do:  Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God.  Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage.  The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense His grace.

"The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant.  They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniquies for getting what you want from God.  Don't fall for that nonsense."

Matt 6: 24   "You can't worship two gods at once.  Loving one god, you'll end up hating the other.  Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other.  You can't worship God and money both."

Matt 7: 21-23   "Knowing the correct password-- saying 'Master, Master,' for instance-- isn't going to get you anywhere with me.  What is required is serious obedience -- doing what my Father wills.  I can see it now -- at the Final Judgment thousands strutting up to me and saying, 'Master, we preached the Message, we bashed the demons, our God-sponsored projects had everyone talking.'  And do you know what I am going to say?  'You missed the boat.  All you did was use me to make yourselves important.  You don't impress me one bit.  You're out of here."

Matt 6: 1-4   "Be especially careful when you are trying to be good so that you don't make a performance out of it.  It might be good theater, but the God who made you won't be applauding.

"When you do something for someone else, don't call attention to yourself.  You've seen them in action, I'm sure -- 'playactors' I call them -- treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds.  They get applause, true, but that's all they get.  When you help someone out, don't think about how it looks.  Just do it -- quietly and unobtrusively.  That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out." [Emphasis mine  :)]

Matt 6: 16-18   "When you practice some appetite-denying discipline to better concentrate on God, don't make a production out of it. It might turn you into a small-time celebrity but it won't make you a saint.  If you 'go into training' inwardly, act normal outwardly.  Shampoo and comb your hair, brush your teeth, wash your face.  God doesn't require attention-getting devices.  He won't overlook what you are doing; he'll reward you well."

gmik

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 02:56:58 AM »

Dawn, I also mentioned about the seeker churches on D students other thread.  There are 2 in my town.  Ugh.  So cool, so blah, don't offend ANYONE so there aren't 2 many scriptures that you could discuss!!  Pastors in jeans & sloppy shirts (not that there is anything wrong w/ that ;)), so cool, up on youth culture, the MTV generation....gag..see you can still be cool and still be a...Christian.

D both threads you have described vividly what is SO wrong.  Yes we all know not all churches are like that, but there are a whole bunch that are!!!  And like I said on your other thread they are replicating FAST!!!

dawnnnny

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 03:26:55 AM »

Convenience stores, fast food restaurants, instant breakfast, disposable diapers, processed food, TV dinners...assembly line salvation (just say a few words and your in) --- do we see a pattern here?  We don't have time to shop, cook, eat, study!
We all want the easy way, the fast way and it all leads to the broad way
    :-\

Matt 7:13
    Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat

D Student

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 03:38:30 AM »

" assembly line salvation (just say a few words and your in) "

Hahahahahaha!!!  How true.

And just like Christmas time at Kids'R'US, it's not cheap and most likely they'll chuck it when something
 faster & easier comes out on the MARKET... 

By the way, have you heard about the, A.T.M's people are putting in their Church???

D Student

dawnnnny

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 04:04:09 AM »

ATM 's  ???

No I hadn't heard and I'm surprised, although I guess I shouldn't be. 
Probably for those who don't have time to write a check.  What next, a card reader in the offering plate?

bambam

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 02:08:21 PM »

I have read several things on this forum about the things that churches are doing these days-and the deceipt rolling from the lips of pastors, etc.  I have to tell you that I still attend my Baptist church with my husband and it is nothing like any of these churches. 

The pastor does not preach about money all the time or about how wonderful the church is etc.  He is a genuine person who cares about the people in his church.  No one ever talks about these churches here.  The ones that are actually unified, where the pastor is genuine in his seeking and caring for people, a place where people work together etc.  It would not be hard for me to walk away from the kind of churches that have been described on this forum.  But this church I go to isn't anything like that. 

I am not saying that they teach the truth necessarily, but their actions and attitudes are nothing like these other churches described here.  I think that the people in this church seem to be honest, and loving and  truly caring!  That's what makes it so hard for me to understand this whole leaving Babylon thing.  There is a humility that doesn't seem to exist in other churches.  This church doesn't promote the things of the world but rather living a Godly life.  It seems that not too many people here have things to say about these churches-which is why I am so confused.  The pastor isn't trying to make millions off of people.  He isn't trying to decieve people-at least not knowingly.  I believe he must be truly decieved himself because he holds dearly to the things that he teaches and he is a student of the Bible.  He never went to Bible college, he is humble and honest.  What about these men.  They are good men, even though they are decieved, they are good men.  It does make it harder to walk away from these people, even though they may be decieved.  I hope this makes sense.   

dawnnnny

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »

Hi Bambam,

I understand how you feel.  My response was to Student D's post of his experience but reading over what I wrote - you know it does sound kind of harsh and for that I apologize.  I think we get a little passionate about bad experiences and forget that we are to love these people because after all, we were once there, some are still there, some of us just left there and some have been gone for longer periods of time.   

I emailed Ray one time about not going to church (I didn't belong to one and felt "guilty") and he said "attending church is a personal decision" and that was the correct response on his part.  I am far from many people who've been studying these things for much longer than I, but in my humble opinion, you shouldn't march out of church just because of what you've read here.  That is something that God in His infinite wisdom will advise you on in His time.

Your email was humbling to me.  Thank you for that.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

Dawn  :)

LittleBear

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 02:59:06 PM »

Well said Dawn. :)

Bambam, you have to do what you feel is right. You can't be doing something because someone else says so , or because you are feeling pressured.
You've been reading some amazing things here. The things you read here are very different than what you hear from your pastor. Can you be at peace with that? Perhaps you can be a light to them.

Love,

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 09:40:48 PM »

Quote from: gmik link=topic=5248.msg41943#msg41943

Yes we all know not all churches are like that, but there are a whole bunch that are!!! 

[/quote

I DID say that Bambam.  This topic has been touched on several times w/ loads of opinions both ways.  Read some of the old threads.

Not to anyone but just my thoughts:

Even the nice sweet little churches believe in a Jesus who only died for those who say a 5 second sentence and torture all the rest for ever!!! Try this litmus test: Tell them there is no hell and Jesus died for ALL!!!  See if they can handle that and you in love ;)

Those w/ an intimacy w/ the Lord will know His voice and know when the time to leave church is. That is NOT the same thing as leaving babylon.

Personally, I stayed in church for about 8 months after coming to BT.  Then I just couldn't listen to that stuff anymore and knew I had to leave.  It was hard bcz my daughter, son in law and grand daughter go there and we liked to go out and eat afterward. I stayed awhile just for that reason. :D  Now, I have twin grandsons( ;D) who will be going there, and probably will get "dedicated" and of course I will attend then. (but it is at night and only for that not a service).

Thank goodness we are not under the law!  Each of us is being led in our own journey that the Lord has planned for us.  There is no condemnation toward us!  Praise God!

(Like Dawn, more of my 30 years of experience has been of the churches like D talks about.)

D Student

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 09:46:39 PM »

BamBam,

Please don't take what I said as an attack on Good People who respect & Love others
that go to Church. I wrote what I did, just to point out the lengths people go to while Brainwashing this
Generation. Try to Understand this... This Pastor for example, knows very well why most of
the Teens/young Adults today don't go to Church. So he takes what they will except in the World and place it in HIS Church so they won't feel out of place.

I'm sure YOUR Church has Wonderful people who have Love & Respect for others and I'm also sure there are many other Temples that do as well. But does that make things right??? Be careful,,, you should already know what your HEART will lead you to believe.

1John 2:4 - " But if we claim to KNOW HIM and DON"T OBEY HIM,
                  we are LYING and the TRUTH isn't in our HEARTS. "

" You Fools, You Hypocrites, You Snakes!!! " Does that sound familiar?

In my neighborhood alone, there has lived close to a dozen Pastors and I don't think ANY of them
where/are evil SNAKES. Good guys, with family, friends, dogs, cats, " Howdy neighbor " and the smiles to go with it all. But that could only leave me to believe, these great people, are the FOOLS, they are the
Hypocrites... They still follow in the teaching of, Love your enemy and help the less fortunate, but later on, they're sorry to tell ya', " yup, there's a HELL and Majority of the Earth will go there. "

Why continue going to ANY CHURCH/TEMPLE ?????????????

Hebrews 9:11 - " Christ came as the HIGH PRIEST of the GOOD THINGS that are NOW here.
                         He also went to a BETTER TENT that was not made by HUMANS
                           and doesn't belong to THIS WORLD. "

If that's not GOOD enough, I guess the Super Friendly Chuch down the street is the right place to be...

I say/write this with TRUTH & LOVE   <---                                                 D Student

Kat

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 11:17:44 PM »

Hi BamBam,

I think I understand the difficulty you must be facing.  You love the people of the church you attend, but now you are being torn by this truths you are learning.

You should consider this, are you attending your church just for the fellowship or does the teaching you are receiving there not matter.  I attended a Baptist church for many years and their teachings are far from the truth.

They surely may be good people, but if they are blinded to the truth, what are you gaining from all those sermons you are hearing.  But there may come a time when you can no longer tolerate their teachings and then you will be willing to leave that fellowship for the sake of the truth.

2Cor 6:14  Do not try to work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done. How can right and wrong be partners? How can light and darkness live together? (GNB)

You see we have all been where you are, in a church with people that we cared about.  We can relate to your situation.  But you can't separate the church from their teachings, so you have to separate from the church.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

bambam

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 05:50:51 PM »

It's funny, because I totally understand what everyone is saying.  And a big part of me has left the church already.  It does not mean that I have it all figured out though.  Does God bless these churches even though they are led astray and teaching heresy?  I feel like this has been a big obstacle in my faith.  More than anything in this world, I want the truths taught here to BE the Truth!!!  I think I am caught betwixt the two worlds, wanting to believe there is no Hell and all WILL be saved,  but struggling with what my eyes see and my ears hear!  I am surprised I have not gone mad yet! ;)

I really appreciate the patience of you all here!  I have been praying for peace and assurance about the Truth!  I want to see it plain as day!!  I am pressing on.

Thanks and blessings!
Beth

Kat

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 08:48:56 PM »

Hi bambam,

Does God bless these churches even though they are led astray and teaching heresy?

I can see your confusion about the church.  It is hard to see that the church is right where it is suppose to be in God's plan. 
And I believe that plan is to bring religious deception to the world. Rev 18:23 "...for by your sorceries all nations were deceived."  It says this verse is speaking of Babylon (v. 21).  In this age the whole world is "subject to vanity," and until Christ return it will continue this way, except for the very few chosen.
Here is an email on this subject.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3796.0.html -----------------

COMMENT:  Since God designed the human race to FAIL before it would succeed:  "For the creature was made subject to vanity [Margin: 'futility'--failure], NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him Who has subjected the same IN HOPE, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION [that's how man was made in the garden] into the glorious liberty of the CHILDREN OF GOD [that's man's future destiny]" (Rom. 8:20-21) Etc. Read the rest of my site for the details.
God be with you,
Ray
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.