bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bizarre Star  (Read 5349 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Bizarre Star
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 03:50:34 PM »

Prof Block of Wits University SA who is Dean of Astronomy, gave a lecture that my husband and I had the privilege of attending. In his presentation, Dr Block told us that the star the the three wise men followed to find Jesus, is not identifyable even to this day. It was not a Comet, it was not a falling star and Scientists, Dr Block says, do not know WHAT it was. There was no known star of its kind known to man.

Well, perhaps that is all changed with this new discovery. Wouldn't that be a quirk if it portends the return of Christ!  ;D 8)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 06:52:52 PM »

Well, perhaps that is all changed with this new discovery. Wouldn't that be a quirk if it portends the return of Christ!  ;D 8)

;D

Hi Arcturus,

That certainly is an interesting thought! We all know so little about the wonders of our physical Universe, how much less do we know of the spiritual Universe that encompasses it?

I am looking forward to more information on this latest discovery.

His Peace to you,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:15:32 PM »

Wow!  Really cool 8)

Arc didn't you mean "wouldn't it be a 'quark' if it portends..." ;D ;D ;D

Wouldn't the Magi have had astro charts and graphs and what not??  They were following a star that had been prophesied about, so something written should be around.

Have scientists found out about the missing day from Joshua???

on another topic:
Speaking on the Magi passage....one of the saddest portions of scripture is Herod killing all the innocent babes when the Magi skipped town. Interesting fullfilment of prophecy. Ramah crying and Rachel weeping.....most would never think of the two together.  (Mt. 2:16-18)  Sorry for going off topic.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 02:17:35 AM »

Right on the subject G and yes that is what I meant! :D 8)

DuluthGA

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 03:19:08 AM »

"Wouldn't it be a quark if it portends..."  You're pretty sharp for a den mother... HA!  Glad you are back in good stead!  :):D:)

Thank you and Arcturus for insights.  HOPEFUL insights.

:)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 08:43:11 AM »

More "Bizarre Star" business taking place out there, check this out as well, incredible properties of a star that has been being observed for 400 years (recorded history, who knows how long previously) but no one knew exactly how unique this "Mira" truly is, until now;

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2007/aug/HQ_07202_GALEX_findings.html

Fascinating.....

Joe

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/galex/20070815/a.html

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:47:10 AM by hillsbororiver »

Kat

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »

Hi Joe,

I find all this stuff about the cosmos so interesting.  I was looking around the NASA site and found this interesting comment.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/podcasting/stars-20060926-transcript.html

Martin: There are sort of several major questions. First of all, the universe started out uniform, full of matter, but all uniform. How did structure form, how did galaxies form, and clusters of galaxies? And you see this beautiful cosmic web, where galaxies are lined up everywhere. So we would like to understand that because ultimately, we were born around a star and we'd like to understand how we got here, how our galaxy got here, how our star got here.
-----------------------------------------------------

Isn't that funny these great scientific mind just scratch there heads about how this fabulous creation came about.  But we know the answer to these profound questions.

Psalms 33:6  By the Word of Jehovah were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.

Psalms 19:1  The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »

Regarding this star the article says : A teaspoon of neutron star material weighs a billion tonnes, or as much as all the cars, trucks and buses on Earth. Object RXJ1856 seems to be even denser.

I know we have compare spiritual with spiritual and that the Scripture is not literal but could these words from Luke 21 : 11 be a reference to what we have read about this new discovery?

Luke 21:11 ...and there will be sights of TERROR and great SIGNS from heaven.

What can be more terrifying that a teaspoon of neutron star that the observers say seems to be EVEN DENSER!

Jesus Christ is coming again and we all will meet Him and this star just heightens awareness that what God says He is going to do, HE WILL DO! Our God is not a God that He should lie!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.