bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus spoke more on Hell than Heaven...  (Read 25887 times)

insanezenmistress

Re: Jesus spoke more on Hell than Heaven...
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 09:35:06 AM »

these are nice additions to my new Witnessing notebook.but

i can see the future woooo.........and the first thing tha pops up is "well what about how many times "damnation" is brought up........not by Jesus alone..

I was thinking over these and wondered, it seems that Paul and Peter never mention heaven vs. hell but express the gosple of salvation and training in righteousness but still someone will question then what IS damnation? (condemnation, distruction)

that word is quite a stubling block to the hell brainwashed.

rocky

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »

this is just a word search but it pretty much sums it up:

hell=16
death=22
fire=23
worm=3
darkness=18
judgment=26
gnashing=7

total=115 lets round it up to 120 :-*

life=68
heaven=128

total=196, lets round it down to 180 :P

yes this is just a word search yet one can see there is NO way Jesus talked more about hell
than heaven, death than life, darkness than light ....ETC.

these people who say he talked about hell more than heaven are only parroting what they have heard
and  are a fullfillment of amos:8:11

Amo 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

its is our job to:

Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

and so in gentleness we feed them and give them drink true bread tis Christ.....etc.

may the Lord bless you all

inlove
chuckt

Jesus message throughout his life, was "many are called, but few are chosen".  So in some sense, he talked a lot about not being chosen, or what many perceive as hell. 

The problem imo is, that those not given eyes to see God's nature, LOVE; interpret these scriptures as eternal torture; rather than loving judgment, to fulfill God's plan of being all in all.

gmik

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 07:18:57 PM »

Good point Eric.  I was just reading about the unquenchable fire in Matt 3:12-15. gr:asbestos

I couldn't see where it didn't mean unquenchable in greek or any translations. Your idea makes sense to me.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.