bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greek Text?  (Read 4055 times)

nightmare sasuke

Greek Text?
« on: April 21, 2006, 01:08:36 AM »

What Greek manuscripts are the most reliable? My friend recommended the "UBS4."

Also, both Mike and Ray say that the word translated "created" in the verse stating God created man in His image really means,  "is creating." How do they know this? For example, the same word is used in Gen 1:1:  "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." The heaven and earth were obviously finished being created, so then how is the word different when used in the other verses? I know even Rotherham's Emphasized Version translates the word as "created." The CLV is the only one I have seen so far that renders it "is creating." And my one friend said that the CLV is not all the concordant. However, he did say Rotherham did a good job. But then again, Rotherham translates the word as "created."

Any advice?

SteveB

Greek Text?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »

This is a great question. I wondered that myself. I've focused on the greek mostly and now i'm going into learning the hebrew.

Anyone know of the hebrew grammer laws at it relates to the aiorst tense of greek.

I think this would answer your question. We dont have direct equivilants to these tenses so sometimes it hard to understand.

N.S.,-How do you look at manuscripts? I tend to look at things from a 'whole' perspective. Meaning looking at all the verses and if some 'dont match' by comparing spirit with spirit get rid of it.

Such at Mat 29:18, 1John5-7.

There is so much to learn...STeve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.