bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: are these idols of the heart  (Read 3960 times)

bowlbyx

are these idols of the heart
« on: April 21, 2006, 01:46:01 AM »

Mark 11:15-17

15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple , and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple , and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple .

17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
KJV

is the moneychangers, selling and buying, selling of doves, and carrying of vessels idols of the heart, that will be purged from us?  
Could Jesus's comming be not at some time in the future but be here, and now?  I mean could he come at some point during our lifetime and cleanse his temple *as above*?
2 Thess 2:8

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
KJV

GOD bless and thanks in advance for being patient with my ignorance.

david

Luke 21:19
19 In your patience possess ye your souls
KJV

oh i love this, i think of this all day

Phil 2:12-13

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
KJV

ertsky

are these idols of the heart
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 05:29:35 AM »

thanks David, i really enjoyed that, some blessed verses :)

f
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.