bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 4745 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: August 16, 2007, 07:11:10 PM »

Dear Mr. Smith,

You asked in your writing about tithing if anyone could mention a scripture where Jesus mentioned tithing.

He was asked about giving money to Caesar.  He replied give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's.  There is no question that he was talking about money.

I do tithe and I do so cheerfully.  Not to be blessed financially in return, but out of the pure joy of giving.

You should try it.

In Christ,
        Jean Kern

Dear Jean:  Thank you for that little psychological put-down.  You are right about one thing, however,  Jesus was definitely talking about MONEY! Too bad that you and the hundreds of thousands of clergymen and seminary professors have not a clue as to what this episode is all about.

Now then, the reason He was talking about money is because these lying, two-faced religious hypocrites of His day, just like those in our day did not like the teachings of Jesus, and so they tried to trap Him and get Him to say something bad against the Roman government.  They asked:

"Tell  us therefore, What do you think?  It is lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?  But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye Me, ye hypocrites?  Show Me the tribute money [excuse me, did Jesus say 'show me the TITHE money?'].   And they brought unto Him a penny. And He said unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?  They say unto Him, Caesar's. Then said He unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which ARE Caesar's and unto God the things that ARE God's."

Now then, Why didn't Jesus just answer them?  Why didn't He say, "Yes, you should pay tribute to Caesar?"

Why did He ask for a coin, and not just any coin, but one that had Caesar's image on it?  Because that image of Caesar on the coin showed ownership.  Who does the money in the Roman empire belong to?  Why Caesar, of course. And so Jesus said in effect, "Yes, it is Caesar's image, therefore it belongs to Caesar."  Therefore render  unto Caesar the things [the money] which ARE  Caesar's.  The coin, THE MONEY that Jesus was showing them, that MONEY, that filthy lucre, belongs to Caesar, NOT GOD.  God does not want the filthy lucre of this world's evil governments.  We are to render unto God the things that ARE God's, NOT MONEY. Jesus profoundly showed that the money belongs to Caesar, so give Caesar his tax money. But God does not tax His people under the New Covenant.    How can anyone study the Scriptures and be so blind to this simple truth and analogy of our Lord? Unbelievable!

God be with you,
        Ray

PS   By the way, where do you see the words "tithe" or "tithing" in this parable of Jesus'?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.