bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAGICIANS / ILLUSIONISTS / YOUTH PASTORS  (Read 4254 times)

D Student

MAGICIANS / ILLUSIONISTS / YOUTH PASTORS
« on: August 18, 2007, 01:27:45 AM »

MAGICIANS / ILLUSIONISTS / YOUTH PASTORS

Jude 1:3 - My dear friends, I really wanted to write you about God's
saving power at work in our lives. But instead, I must write and ask you to
defend the faith that God has once and for all given to his people.

I was invited to go with a few people to a Youth Service that was, VERY well known
for doing things in a different way. Like any other time I'm invited to go to such a place,
I'm telling myself, " No, No, No, No, No, No No " but out of my mouth comes,
 " SURE, why not? " Could it have have been because she was a beautiful Brazilian Woman?

Romans 8:12 - My dear friends, we must not live to satisfy our desires.

Most would think so, but my Father had already been giving me the feeling that I would be
learning something that very night...

She picked me up later that night ( I have no car) and happend to have brought a friend along with her.
Turns out that I'm on my way to a YOUTH SERVICE with a couple of, Brazilan Bombshell Models.
My praying had started early on and continued  the entire time. I explained a few reasons why I no
longer went to the Brazilian Church they belong to, but was curious as to why they went to this new
Church on the side.

Because it was a NEW youth approach, with a Cool Dude Pastor that is really able to connect
with the Youngins of today,,, they were drawn in.

- Hook, Line & Singers? -

They played the cd's of their favorite Christian singers & Rock bands, most of them were Brazilian
artists that to me made no sense what so ever. Ehhh, I'm the crazy one. Finally we got to the spot
that turned out to be at a Church I've passed by, HUN-DER-REDS of times. At last, I would go in and go to work.
Still praying continuously, I understand that I'm not to make a scene and put myself
out as an intruder. So I did the whole, shake, hug, kiss, smile, giggle routine, then took a DEEEP breath,,,
and exhaled... I just could'nt wait to be touched on that glorious night!!! ( Some get me, some don't)

I normally get the old, " Who are you?!! You can't judge me! " from Church goers at places like that.

1corinthians 2:15 - " People who are guided by the Spirit can make all kinds of judgements,"

We all sat down and I took a look at the Lost, oops I mean Blessed Brothers & Sisters.
People of all Nationalities, Races and Cultures just waiting to be fed. Kind of like, LAB RATS!!!
Ohhh how this poison will taste oh so good now, but unknowingly will damage their insides.

Ephesians 6:14-15 - Be ready! let the truth be like a belt around your waist, and let God's
                              Justice protect you like armor. Your desire to tell the GOOD NEWS
                              about peace should be like shoes on your feet."

Truthfuly, at that very moment, I had the feeling of showing the Girl who invited me
a couple of scriptures that she could put to the test at that service. But nooo,,,
she did'nt want to miss the Actors, I mean Pastors entrance. So I took a step back.

Da-Da-Da-Dahhhhhhh... There he was.This Man of God getting ready to let it rain.

2Peter 1:3  " False teachers will sneak in and speak harmful lies to you,"
                    " They will be greedy and cheat you with smooth talk "

The first 2 minutes on stage he explained how important it is to GIVE($$$) and Love($$$).
Nothing can grow with out these. Like all the others,he reminds everybody of how a small
house of God can't do much. But a BIG HOUSE, can hold alot of believers and can be seen from
far away to call the lost to light.

2Corinthians 9:7-8 - " Don't feel that you must give and don't feel that you are forced to give.
                                God can bless you with everything you need and you will always have
                               more than enough to do all kinds of things for others. "

Hebrews 9:11   " Christ came as the high priest of the good things that are now here. He also
                  went to a better tent that was not made by humans and doesn't belong to this world."

After this he repeats the name of this Church over & over & over again and keeps
reminding us of how his place is so different. It was even better if we were to take members
from other Churches, because there they would fit in & be one. Over & over he said the name again.
 ( I prayed that my Father would give me memory to write all that happend, but I could'nt think of
   the name that he said over 3 dozen times. Amen)

I watched & studied his every move & gesture. Half way through his introduction, I think he realized the
outsiders eyes were LOCKED on him. I was praying that he would'nt see hate in my eyes, but could feel conviction
while he spoke his Obviously written (lies) plans.

1Peter 3:11-12 - Give up your evil ways and do right, as you find and follow the road that leads
                         to peace. The Lord watches over everyone who obeys him and listens to
                              Their prayers, but opposes everyone who does evil."

He then got into that nights discussion about the film, the Night at Roxys...

The crowd went ballistic. " WOOOOOW, YEAH, YEAH, OWWWW " and so on...

In my mind, it was more like, " WHAAAAT?!!?"

1John 2:26-27 - I am writing to warn you about these people who are misleading you.
                         But Christ has blessed you with the Holy Spirt. "

A movie about two Coke heads, who go to the club all the time, trying to get some Women dumb
enough to have sex with them. Where was this going???  And again...

Ephesians 6:14-15 - Be ready! let the truth be like a belt around your waist, and let God's
                              Justice protect you like armor. Your desire to tell the GOOD NEWS
                              about peace should be like shoes on your feet."

He tells the crowd to calm down while having one of those filthy smiles on his face and explains
to them that he does'nt promote this move. Then pulls a 180 and says, " But it's Frigin' Funny! "

Ephesians 4:29 - " Stop all your dirty talk. Say the right thing at the right time and help others
                             by what you say. "

The Pastor told us that the true moral to the story was how they did'nt give up. Even though no one
would give them a chance, they continued every night, with such a strong will. Just like Jesus did.

1John 2:4 -" But if we claim to know him and don't obey him, We are lying and the TRUTH
                       isn't in our hearts."

Once again, I could'nt believe what was going on around me. The nods in approval and the
completely original, " Amen Brotha." " um hum." " That's right! "

He was so happy that the little dodo birds enjoyed being clubed on the head, that he felt it was a
perfect time to take a break. A follower with a guitar went up and did his thing while I was praying for the next step.
It was a pretty short song ( Thank God ) and the Pastor came back on stage to mention that he saw familiar faces
in the crowd and got into, old time " rember when? " memories,
that only FEW knew about.  This went on for a while, and then he said, " anybody ready to give your life to Jesus tonight? "
" Just put your hand up "  " Ok, close your eyes. Come on everybody , close your eyes."  " Put your hands up. "
" Come on, close your eyes"  "Put up your hands " " Ok, there we go, Amen. " 

John - 15:16 " You do not choose me. I choose you and sent you out to produce fruit, the kind of fruit
                     that will last. Then my Father will give you what ever you ask for in MY name."

Philippians 2:13 - " God is working in you to make you willing and able to obey HIM. "

After feeling so good that many were SAVED within that hour & a half, he looked at his watch and anounced,
" Hey, I'm gonna' cut this short tonight so you guys have time to talk. " 

Where was Fellowship in that???

When I was little I never knew what exactly a Con-Man was, untill 20/20 had some stories on Men that showed love,
gained trust, made a commitment, got the money, and later ran...

Can you believe the difference here?  Some run and enjoy the money in hiding.

But some stay, build a house, add all the fixings, enlarge the house, invite more wives, fool their kids, and so on and so on. Get the picture?

2Timothy 3:6-7 -  Some men fool whole families, just to get power of those women who are
                              Slaves of sin and are controled by all sorts of desires. These women
                           always want to learn something new, but they never discover the truth.

Our Father has promised us we will ALL see the truth someday. <----------------------
For that, my only full time job as of now is thanking him.

Philippians 2:11 -  " And to the glory of God the Father EVERYONE will openly agree,
                           " Jesus Christ is Lord ! "

D Student

pilgrim

Re: MAGICIANS / ILLUSIONISTS / YOUTH PASTORS
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 02:42:40 AM »

Wonderful...Haven't we seen it all before?...and that's why us boys and goils is here...
I love your style boy!
A man after my old heart...

Love ya!
Pilgrim

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 02:46:18 AM »

OMG What a good story.  I was sitting on the edge of my seat.  You write very well!

These types of "churches" are emergent or seeker churches that are reproducing like rabbits!!

Good Lord "night at the roxbury".  Thats a new low.

Frank Peretti said in one of his books,  that....some people were in a mall walking and window shopping...but that the mall itself was gently, slowly descending into the abyss....but the people walking in the mall couldn't feel it but they were indeed also tilted and in fact walking toward the abyss, but w/ no care in their mind but idle chatter and shopping.   I probably didn't tell it well, but I still shiver when I think of the world just cruising downward not even aware of anything!!!

D Student

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 03:46:13 AM »

Gmik, you're right. It's  "night at the roxbury".  I got Roxys in my head because of an old Movie
called " Beat Street. "  That actually has a Positive feel to Hip Hop many years ago... Thanks!

D Student

LittleBear

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »

This kind of thing always surprises me, and it's so sad. In a town near where I live there was a small country church with a tiny congregation. Well, they brought in a young new dynamic pastor, who is really cool and can relate to anyone. You know, down-to-earth, nice guy, knows how to work the crowd. Well, word of him got around and the numbers got so big, they had to have two services. Then both services couldn't hold the crowds, so guess what, he decided they needed a new building. They built this big church, beautiful! The town is tiny, simple, but do they ever have a Big Church! With a cool pastor!

Too bad they all think God made a big mistake in the Garden of Eden! It is a big church built on sand.

Ursula

Shmeggly

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »

Reminds me of the movie "Saved"....I nearly wet myself watching it!  If you haven't seen it, watch it!  There are a few irreverent parts, but it is good.  I want to send it to every church in North America, just like they send out the "Left Behind" movies and stuff like that!

It's sad to see how hard people work to try and get other people "excited" about Jesus....it's exactly the same here....people are doing it on their own, and work themselves sick, away from family etc....

If only they would learn that it's God doing it, and that He draws people to Him....I think we would see a lot more loving, stress free Christians out there....

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 01:02:19 AM »

This makes me ill.  I fthis is what churches are about now adays they have really fallen into deceit.  God Help them. I just need to know if anyone else had an experience like this in a church or church functioning?  peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.