bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort of a Newbie  (Read 5362 times)

keth30

Sort of a Newbie
« on: August 18, 2007, 03:39:09 AM »

Hello all,
This is my first post here, although I have been reading Ray's site along with "Is Was and Will Be" for going on a little over a year.  I've been reading the posts here from time to time as well.  I don't really like to post too much because I'm not as fluent in the scriptures as most of you are and I'm still learning.  Even though I have been reading for some time, there are always new revelations with each new article, or even a reread.  Well anyway, just wanted to say hello.  My name is Elizabeth Wilkerson.  I'm from Debary Florida.  I'm married with two children, 15 year old daughter, and 6 year old son.  I own tanning salons in florida of all things, lol.  I like what I do, because I meet tons of people and am able to let my light shine I guess you could say.  Anyway, I have never met any of you, but I feel a closeness everytime I visit.  Maybe it's because I don't know anyone with the same beliefs except you.  I'm not sure. 

Someday, when I have more time, I will tell you my story.  I'm sure there are many like it, because when God decides to drag you, He'll do it whether your kickin or screaming, lol.  As a matter of fact, he's still dragging, and I'm still kickin and screaming...... but I guess that's why I'm here.  Hope to talk to you all soon.

Keth30
Elizabeth Wilkerson

dawnnnny

Re: Sort of a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 03:52:32 AM »

Hi Elizabeth!
I was sort of nervous about joining the forum too but I'm finding it very enjoyable, and what is neat is that we all started at the same place (BT).  I'm still reading the LOF series and its so great to "see" with new eyes and "hear" with new ears, and I have so much more to absorb!
I want to welcome you, even though I'm a newbie myself.  I look forward to hearing more from and about you.  I know how intimidating it can seem because I'm no where near as wise as a lot of these blessed people, but we all have something to contribute as we learn.   :D   You'll love being a part of this community!

neeter

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 05:02:43 AM »

Welcome!!!
 i'm new also, i didn't read anywhere that you had to be "fluent in the scriptures" .the good thing about message boards is that you have lots of time to look something up. i understand the kicking and screaming part. are you sure that was you and not the kids??? :D

pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »

Hi Elizabeth...

There are lots of us newbies here...Seems like we are all being called in a bunch...Maybe God wants to say something to us...

Anyway, I have never met any of you, but I feel a closeness everytime I visit.  Maybe it's because I don't know anyone with the same beliefs except you.  I'm not sure.

Do you think the reason that we all feel a closeness might be that we are all family...
Same Father...Same big Brother!
Welcome "Sis"  ;)

Fond regards,
Pilgrim
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:48:27 PM by pilgrim »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »

Hello "kicking and screaming" Elizabeth :D

We all have in common that we are drawn - dragged to the Truth that is setting us free that is published through Ray's teaching. In this we are all brethren regardless of our gifts, worldly abilities or professions in the world system. We are brothers and sisters in God's Kingdom where His Truth reigns.

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Andrew

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 12:54:12 PM »

Hi Elizabeth

I'm new too but believe that this is where we must be I to am not fluent with the Scripture's I know what they say and can recall them but struggle to remember exactly the book and verse.

I must say thank you to God for dragging me here its an absolute privilege to have your ears and eyes opened. I don't really know where to start at the forum there seems to be so many who know so much, it makes me feel like the day I started school,lol.

Glad you here too.

skydreamers

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 02:56:45 PM »

iris

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 04:33:25 PM »

Hello Elizabeth, welcome to the forum!

Peace and Love
Iris

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »

Hello and welcome Elizabeth

No need to apologize about posting...no experts here only servants of Christ in training

Beloved

LittleBear

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 05:02:49 PM »

Hi! Welcome Elizabeth,

Hope you post lots. We would love to hear your story!

Ursula

Kat

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »

Hi Elizabeth,

I am glad you have joined us here  :)
I felt the same as you when I first came to the forum, as to not being fluent in the scriptures.
I got eSword ( http://www.e-sword.net/index.html ), it is a free for download.  With this at your fingertips you too can find scriptures, with a key word search.  I keep it open all the time as a quick go to.  There are other sites too, we have a few posted at this link, http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4470.msg34376.html#msg34376 .

I do hope you will join in the fellowship, we have a lot of great people here.  I relate to these people and it is so nice to have like minded people to share this truth with. 

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

keth30

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 09:51:19 PM »

Thank you all for the very warm welcome.  I look forward to getting to know all of you.

In Christ,
Elizabeth Wilkerson

DuluthGA

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 01:41:32 AM »

A GRAND WELCOME TO YA ELIZABETH!

<==== for the tanning beds  :D

So glad you jumped in...

Jesus Christ heals blindness!
So don't chew worry 'bout a thing...  ;D

With joy, Janice

gmik

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 07:54:13 PM »

Welcome Elizabeth!!  I'm not fluent in scriptures, can't hardly work e sword, but I sure can talk from my heart and so can you.

From another dragged and kicker...now dancing...so glad you joined us!!!

girls, you are sure colorful today!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.