bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm giving it up  (Read 6224 times)

rick

I'm giving it up
« on: August 18, 2007, 08:06:59 AM »

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE
Printed from COOKS.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/4 c. cocoa
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
5 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 quart good vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift cocoa and sugar together. Separate the eggs; put the yolks and vanilla in a large bowl and beat very well until thick.
In another bowl beat the egg whites until foamy; add salt and continue beating until soft peaks are formed. Fold the cocoa and sugar into the whites, then gently fold the egg white mixture into the beaten yolks. Thoroughly butter a 10"x15" cookie sheet and line it with wax paper. Spread the batter evenly in the pan; bake 18 to 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle a clean tea towel with powdered sugar and turn cake out onto it. Remove wax paper and trim off crispy edges, if any. Roll the cake in the towel from the long end and let it rest 1 to 2 minutes. Unroll and let it rest again for a few minutes, then roll it up again and allow it to cool completely.

Set ice cream out to soften. Unroll the cooled cake; spread evenly with ice cream and roll it back up (without the tea towel). Dust the top with powdered sugar. Keep it in the freezer until ready to serve. When ready, cut the cake and serve it with Killer Chocolate Sauce.

KILLER CHOCOLATE SAUCE:

3 tbsp. unsalted butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
2/3 c. boiling water
1 1/2 c. sugar
7 tbsp. corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt the butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add boiling water and stir well. Mix in the sugar and corn syrup, until sauce is smooth. Boil the sauce, without stirring for 10 minutes; remove from heat; cool 20 minutes, then add the vanilla. Spoon the sauce over the Death by Chocolate Cake.

iris

Re: I'm giving it up
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »

Maybe that's not the same recipe that Sue Ann uses.
Hers might be much tastier than this one!  ;D

Peace and Love
Iris

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »

this looks like a flourless cake recipe.  these are dense and rich

Besides being decadent and really tasting good.... this name comes from a murder mystry title.

On the side I now eat chocolate whenever I get a migraine headache..... chocolate usuall gives me a migraine ....so I might as well eat it when I have a migraine..... because .....I will  be taking the medication (which is terriblly expensive $230 for nine pills) anyway.

I would willing forgo chocolate in the future if I would not have any more migraines

My Birthday was on the first of August and I ate Pinapple Mahi Mahi.

Beloved

rick

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 08:50:31 PM »

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!AND MANY MORE

gmik

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 09:51:23 PM »

Beloved did we all say HAPPY BIRTHDAY???

Rick I will copy recipe.  Looks good.

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 11:07:07 PM »

Hi Rick thanks for the recipe I have copied, presented to the wife with clear directions to start baking (received a few slaps to the back of the head)  and was asked what a quart is in metric??

So my brother as soon as you let me know what a quart is I shall enjoy the fruits of my wifes labour  ;D

John9362

gmik

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 11:13:09 PM »

John, you have GOT to go hear the MAN SONG on Jer's thread!!!!

DuluthGA

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 02:41:12 AM »

Beloved, Happy (belated) Anniversary of your birth!  :)

I am happy for you as a forum member.  I especially enjoy and am thankful for your thoughtful posts!

You are truly beloved by myself and many,  :)
Joyfully,
Janice

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 03:19:45 AM »

and was asked what a quart is in metric??

1 cup [US] = 0.946 352 946 cup [metric]
1 quart [US, liquid] = 3.785 411 784 cup [metric]
1 quart [US, liquid] = 0.946 352 946 liter

I'd just round up to 1 liter, I mean what's 0.053647054 liters difference with ICE CREAM gonna matter? ;D

LittleBear

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 04:50:50 PM »

Rick, I'm gonna try that recipe!

Beloved, Happy Birthday. I don't know how old you are, but just wanted to let you know, I had been suffering from migraines for many many years. However, I am now peri-menopausal, and I can't remember the last time I had a migraine. I can now eat as much chocolate as I want, red wine, cheese. I can have it all! (As far as the chocolate, I'm embarrassed to say, I'm making up for lost time!)

Ursula

John9362

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 07:35:05 AM »

Hi Patrick thanks for the explanation...next time I'll try to ask an easier question  ;D

John9362

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 07:42:49 AM »

Hi Gena,
I've tried numerous times...keeps coming up as "error on page"  ???
Anyway I'm busy harassing the wife to bake the cake  ;D  I've thrown Patrick's
38 page explanation of a "quart" out the window (don't tell him) and bought 10 litres of Ice Cream....I lost 2 pounds carrying it home and put on 4 pounds eating almost half of it.  ;D..yum...yum  ;)

John9362

Patrick

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »

I lost 2 pounds carrying it home and put on 4 pounds eating almost half of it.  ;D..yum...yum  ;)

(-0.908 K) + 1.816 K = 0.908 K
you only gained 2 Lbs, I'd eat more.
 ;D

Sue Creamer

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 11:20:41 AM »

Rick - lol

I don't know where you got that recipe but it most definitely is NOT the recipe I have... he he he

The one I bake is made from a regular chocolate cake mix, add sour cream, eggs, chocolate chips, box of instant chocolate pudding and other ingredients (I can't recall right now)  and top it off with a thick layer of chocolate icing (when baked and cooled)...!  Not for the faint hearted...!!!! 

All of your post are so funny...I got such a "kick" out of all of you...!!!!   :) 

Sue Ann
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.