bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking in all of the wrong places  (Read 3845 times)

Beloved

Looking in all of the wrong places
« on: August 18, 2007, 05:31:58 PM »

Did anyone watch the Prime Time show on the wonderful place (forgot the name) in Utah that practices Polygamy.

Apparently there are two towns,  one that practices polygamy and the whole town is secretive and protective (even the police).  One of their leaders is under arrest for child molestation.

Although not condoned by the LDS, the other town which is just down the road ....is open and let Primetime into the town to film and discuss their beliefs and let outside people see just how wonderfully they lived.

About half way through , I thought.... oh boy.... every guy will be packing up to move there.  They showed beautiful town with beautiful houses (mansions) and a picture perfect life. The town and the schools were high tech and the women could only praise these arranged marriages.  I did not know that there was a current TV show (forgot the name) that is based on Polygamy life style

They get around the state law by marrying the first wife, the other wives are recognized by the elders/church but are not legal on paper.

Then the people dropped some bomb shells...

Jesus was after all a polygamous... (No scriptures given). They had a picture of that attractive man Ray showed at teh conference with his harem.

Then they really nailed it.... when he said that they believe that all dark skin descended from Cain and were the source of sin/evil .  .... I was not surprised that the TV show did not go into any of the details of these two things....

Every week it seems that TV is covering some topic on a religious matter. Next week PrimeTime is going to have a show on Jesus who is here and living today.

Even though the world is so rebellious ....I find it so interesting that the World is so hungry and thirsty for the Word......that it is looking under rocks and digging up all sorts of things in its search.

Amo 8:11 
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD
:

Being blind and deaf makes it hard for them to find it now.

Beloved

gmik

Re: Looking in all of the wrong places
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 10:00:03 PM »

Very interesting.  I didn't see the show but I can sure believe it.  Way back in the '70's I took the 'tour' of the Temple in Salt Lake City. The first few rooms I was like "oh, well this doesn't seem to different" then on to a few more, "ok, now it is getting different" then abruptly tour was over for anyone but a mormon bcz you had to ascribe to those beliefs to keep going.

I remember when their President had a vision from God that African-Americans were "ok". (gee, vision came during the Civil Rights act back in the 60's)

Then their president had a vision along about the time when American law came out against polygamy!

Amos 8:11 is so true!

ez2u

Re: Looking in all of the wrong places
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 04:36:37 AM »

there is a show on called Big Love  about polygramy.  Its a mess anyone that watches it can see that that life style is trouble.  peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.