bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Canada  (Read 9248 times)

dawnnnny

Re: Hello from Canada
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 02:51:53 AM »

So uh...Alberta Guy....who is your favorite NFL team?

right?
lol

LittleBear

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 11:33:25 AM »

Hey Alberta Guy! I'm also one of the six! Except my husband is a great Leafs fan. It gets slightly (very slightly) filtered in through osmosis.
When we first got married, he introduced me to the NFL and explained all the rules.

New husbands and unmarried guys who love sports, listen closely! Women are very open initially, so if you want a fellow sports fan wife:
1.  Patiently explain the rules early on in your relationship. You may need to explain repeatedly. Do it with a smile no matter how stupid the question is.
2.  Research the private lives of the players on your favorite team, and convey these tidbits to your wife/girlfriend.
3.  Take her to games and make it fun, with lots of hugging and attention to your wife/girlfriend. Be overattentive!

These three easy rules should just about do it.
My team is the Dallas Cowboys.

Love,

Ursula

Shmeggly

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »

Hey Alberta Guy!!!  Welcome from Manitoba!  :D

Make that seven Canadians who don't like hockey; I am not much for watching sports at all, but I like playing several....

It really is a small world out there....

I hope to one day get out west of Saskatchewan....maybe see your beautiful province!  Take care...James

gmik

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »

Ursula that was funny.  I married a football player from Univ. of Mich. and went to all the games and faked interest for our 3 years of dating :D.  When we got married I phased that out and now I never watch sports w/ him. Ugh! Altho he feels the need to shout out the score to me in the next room!

But I do like your #3.  ;D

skydreamers

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »

Ursula,  that was great!  Did you pass that knowledge on to my husband many years ago...???  Because that's exactly what he did and it worked!!  Although I will never be  full fledged sports fan, I can honestly say I enjoy it from time to time....especially when it gets built up with drama from the personal stories of players!  That's why I loved your #2...that one is important indeed!

Peace,
Diana

LittleBear

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 08:20:29 PM »

Gina, Awwww... that's so touching! He's still hoping.

Diana, I think it's all part of that father/son talk they have way back when.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.