bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Heart, A New Spirit  (Read 8750 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: A New Heart, A New Spirit
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5312.0.html

The testimony that we are familiar with is the testimony of Jesus Christ.  Because He’s the Logos, He’s the One that does the speaking.  If they don’t speak according to this Word, it’s because there is no light in them. 

Strong says that ‘light’ means the Dawn or Dayspring.  2 Peter 1:19 talks about the “Day Star in your hearts.”  Rev. 2:28; 22:16 says Jesus is the Day Star or the Morning Star.  The One that comes with the dawn, the shining of the new light of the day, that’s Jesus.  So if we speak NOT according to the law of Jesus Christ and the testimony of Jesus Christ, there is no light in us.  Well who is that Light - that Morning Star - that Dawning Light - that Day Star?  It’s Jesus Christ!  So what it is saying is, if you don’t speak and live and obey according to this Word, guess what?  There is no Jesus Christ in you.  He is that Light.  If you don’t obey like Jesus Christ did, in spirit and truth, there is no Jesus Christ in you. 

I believe this brings to focus the fact that without the Heart of Christ we can do nothing. For me at the Heart of Christ is His Cross. Jesus obeyed God His Father in Spirit and in Truth to His death.  He calls many to follow Him and few He causes to succeed.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

ciy

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 06:55:12 PM »

Arcturus,

That is some good words to bring back.  It speaks so strongly to me that it is not "trying to be good" or "trying to be a good husband".  It is only when you act out what the desires of your heart really are and the works those actions produce are the actual fruit of your spirit.  If those actions produce good fruit or works, then you have the resurrection of Christ in you, and not when you are trying to do better or trying to keep from sinning. 

It is when you are walking that narrow path because you want to walk it because you love God, not to keep from hurting some friend or family member.  You walk it because nothing can distract you from that strait way.  Christ is the desire of your heart.

CIY

LittleBear

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 08:49:29 PM »

When Christ does the work in you, He gives you the desires of your heart, and He says;

Mtt 11:28-30
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. from The Message

When we walk that narrow path, we do it joyfully and the burdens become lighter because we do it with Christ. The actual trial you are going through is still severe and painful, but the knowledge that God is in the planning of it and that it is for a grand purpose, makes that trial lighter and easier to bear.

Ursula

ciy

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 11:20:11 PM »

Right Ursula,

The Message sure does read well.   
It is like the example of waking up and a man has a sharp instrument cutting on you.  If it is in your bedroom and some stranger, then you would be screaming.  If it is your doctor and you have a local antiseptic and know he is operating for a reason, then you lay there quietly confident that he is helping.  Like Joseph said, "His brothers meant it for evil, but God meant it for good."

It is the intent. 
CIY
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.