bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost soulmate?  (Read 3616 times)

doreen

Lost soulmate?
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:14:26 PM »

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing fine.  I've been offline for awhile due to vacation etc.  Life is pretty back to normal so far and things are going ok for now.  I have another reminder that keeps showing it's face whenever I'm alone.  About three years ago I had the oppertunity to meet someone in real life, after exchanging emails and talking on a mutual forum.  It all went like this:

Girl meets boy. Girl likes boy.  Boy seems to like girl but then all the negative things start to happen.  You see, I never thought I would ever meet someone who will make me feel so positive about myself and with who I could talk about anything.  I mean ANYTHING.  We ended up spending a weekend together, after which he left to go back to his country.  We still talk now and again, but everything that has happened in between seems to remind me of those specific days and how much fun we had together.

Problem:  after so many questions asked, and answers given, I'm still not getting him out of my head and I don't know why God allows this person to be part of my emotional side.  Usually when things don't go the way you hoped, you just move on.  But strangely enough, it's not really happening with this particular person.  I don't know why I still have to think about him and to be quite honest, there is no way we could ever be together and these are the reasons as I see them:

- We live too far apart.  About 2000 miles apart.
- He's an Atheist, I'm not.
- He's got issues of which he has told me about but this doesn't seem to be the main problem as he put it.  The problem as he sees it, is the distance.
- I can't relocate due to my daughter and my work.  Neither can he due to work and family.
- He knows about my beliefs, but doesn't support them, however he's open for discussion on anything related.

He had told me that he really cares about me and want's to see me happy even if it means with someone else and that he will always be my friend.  I'm sorry but you can't really see someone as just a friend after they have been intimate with you, can you?

My question is this:  Why would God let me meet this person, then take him away and leave me with a broken heart that lasted for 3 years and emotionally unstable and depressed and sometimes it still hurts?

Why can't I just forget about him?  Every time I want to let it die, something happens to keep it alive, like an email from him, or a call on the pc just to say hi or ask a favor.

I'm confused because based on the facts, there is no way things can work out.  I know God knows better and I know there is probably a reason for all this.  I'm just getting very emotionally tired to try and keep this up.

Thanks for reading.  Comments are welcome.
God Bless

gmik

Re: Lost soulmate?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:52:41 AM »

Oh Hon, I hurt for you but I can't give you any advice about the "whys" of God's plan for you ,but I will be praying for you! Thank you for checking in w/ us and sharing your pain.

PS..Read that thread on Phillipians (or just read Phillipians :D) Rejoice, again I say Rejoice--unconditionally. (oops, sorry, that was advice)

brandon h

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »

Godschild:

As Gmik has said, explaining the whys and hows of God are impossible. A sovereign God has sovereign ways. But you have the TRUTH of his word to comfort you. Trust in that whatever God has planned for you in this man was planned from the beginnig. The feelings you share right now are part of a purpose that God orchestrated, but the future and what it holds for you two is something yet to be seen. Stand firm in your knowledge of truth, my friend , God will do the rest.

God Bless                 

Redbird

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:42:14 AM »

Hi Doreen,

Circumstances have a way of changing in this life.  I always try, try to keep an open mind and most importantly, and open heart....... :) to destiny, if you will.

His peace to you, Lisa

doreen

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:11:09 PM »

Brandon, gmik and Redbird,

Thanks for your comments!  I appreciate your support and understanding.  I will keep faith in God's plans for me, even if I don't have to like it for now.  It's just hard sometimes...especially when I'm alone and feeling sorry for myself :)

Anyways, hope you all have had a good week so far and I hope to be posting much more in the future!
God Bless,
D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.