bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 5179 times)

brandon h

Introducing myself
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:51:22 PM »

Hello everyone my name is Brandon Haines. I'm 26 yrs old. I'm an auto glass tech. I first started discovering the things of God about three and a half years ago. I got heavily involved with the church and was even a worship leader for a bible study at one point (been playing guitar, bass, singing for about ten yrs). A little over a year ago I fell upon Ray's website. It felt like I had finally awakened from the darkness and confusion which was caused by babylon. I was an aspiring "pastor" at the time, and knew there wasn't something right about the church, but couldn't pinpoint it. I saw a lot of interesting things, but what I realized the most is the spirit of self-exaltation (that included myself). I've been in contact with all types of christians with all types of beliefs, but I know without a doubt God made me stumble upon this website because it is the truth. If you could have seen my face when I first started reading his installments. It blew my mind. But most importantly, God confirmed it in my spirit the more and more I read. He put the desire in me yrs ago to pray for the truth and it is being answered. I aspire to be a chosen son of God. I have a lovely wife of 2 yrs. I tell her about what I learn, but she's having a hard time. The church yrs have been rough on us, and she's caught in limbo about what she believes. She agrees with alot of it, but she always asks "what if we're wrong? How do you know its the truth?" I know its in God's timing to reveal it to her whole heartedly. Well, that's it for now. I look forward to fellowship with you. Thanx to all or any who respond. let us grow in the true love of Christ.

God Bless

Brandon

Kat

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 11:37:49 PM »

Hi Brandon,

It is good to have you here with us  :)
That is interesting that you were aspiring to be a pastor at the very time that you were brought to the truth.  It is so easy to look back and now see what we could not see before.  I often see things as I am reading that are so obvious to me now, that it's hard to think how I didn't see that before.  Well we know that we are blinded until we are given eyes to see. 
We are so blessed to have this place to fellowship and I hope you will join in the discussions. 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

brandon h

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:02:48 AM »

It's a humbling thing to have been in that kind of situation and now being able to see it for what it really was. Its something that will be with me forever. Thanx for responding

dawnnnny

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:30:42 AM »

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to the forum!
  I know you will really feel that need for fellowship met here!  I have a 24 year old daughter who feels led to get into worship ministry.  I've only happened upon these truths from  BT about 4-6 weeks ago but I've always been kind of quirky anyway :)  but I haven't talked with my daughter about it.  I just know that this time is for me right now.  To really absorb as much as I can, so that when I do approach her, I'll be able to convey it correctly.  It is very tough because she's "in the church" but I just need to trust God with her future as I do with mine.  So I understand your wife's concerns.  :)   

I also have a 29 year old son (named Brandon  ;D), and he's a bit more like me, not really in the church, but he's also very pig-headed on some doctrines (Assembly of God).  I remember when I first talked to him about Election and he didn't respond too favorable   ;D    I think his exact words were "I couldn't love a God like that!"  But that was a couple years ago and I think he's starting to give it more thought.  So at least your wife is somewhat open and that's a good thing.

I know you will get all sorts of wise counsel from these wonderful people.  Again, welcome, welcome, welcome!!

Dawn

DuluthGA

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:08:33 AM »

Hello and I'm happy to welcome you Brandon...

I'm still fairly new, from just two months ago but pretty solid in all the truths.  I am very comforted by this forum, that I have real e-friends here   :) ... what has been most important for me (next to independently verifying all of Ray's scriptural insights) is now knowing there are OTHERS out there (here) very similar to me!

I count it all joy!  :P
Janice

Andrew

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:32:39 AM »

Hi Brandon

I am also new here and can't begin to tell you how relieved I am to be amongst people who think the same and know the truths that have been given to us.

You mentioned praying earnestly for the truth to be revealed to you as you did not feel comfortable with what was being presented by the church, well that is exactly what happened to me I found myself praying for the truth.

Well here we are our prayers have been answered.

Have a blessed day

Andrew

iris

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 07:47:21 AM »

Hi Brandon,

I'm glad that you've joined us!
I hope to hear more from you.
Welcome to the forum!

Peace and Love
Iris

Sue Creamer

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:26:07 AM »

Hi Brandon,

Welcome and greetings from Maryland!!!   I too have a husband that questions many of my beliefs but
I count it joy because I know that he sharpens me and makes me dig deeper into the scriptures for
answers.  He also calls me "Sister Sue".... ;D 

Peace,
Sue Ann

brandon h

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 08:56:21 AM »

Thank you for all of your replies, guys. It is good to know that God is dealing with his people in the same way. Its good confirmation. By the way Sue Ann, I'm live in Maryland as well! Harford County, Forest Hill.

LittleBear

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 12:59:43 PM »

Hi Brandon,

Welcome, and I'm so happy for you! ;D
What an eye-opener, eh? As Dawn said, you wife is somewhat open to the truth. I hope that she can get past the "what if we're wrong?" part and trust God. That question is so full of fear and is placed there by "the church". My husband said something to that effect once to me, and I said to him, "Oh, I didn't know that you have to believe in hell in order to be in heaven! I thought you had to believe in Jesus." Well, he's still not interested, and so be it. God is the one who does the choosing, and we can rest in that.

Just rest in God's wisdom, learn, and be joyful in the knowledge that God gives you!

Love,

Ursula

skydreamers

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »

Sue Creamer

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 02:15:57 PM »

Brandon,

I live in the Western end of Maryland...Boonsboro, a small (tiny) town just a few miles east of Hagerstown.  Do you ever visit my direction???  I myself am pretty new to the site, I am a reject from the WWCG and sooooo very happy about it. 

Peace,
Sue Ann

Shmeggly

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 02:19:07 PM »

Welcome Brandon!!! :D

This can be a tough time when your whole world seems to be challenged; it will take some time for your wife, but she is already started on the road to truth, and there's no going back baby!  Just be patient and really understanding in the mean time....this seems to be harder on women then men....

Anyway....good to see you here!  James

gmik

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 02:37:31 PM »

Hi Brandon.  Welcome to the group.  I am NOT a newbie :D but I am constantly learning.  I love our forum and all the people in it.  I had chills reading your intro....how similar and differently God has led all of us here.

As I was first reading Bible Truths I would shout out things of discovery to my husband!  Constantly. He would be very interested in my whoops and "well, I'll be!" and OMG you can't believe this!....Then I started printing out things, even the jokes, and soon he had jumped in all the way.  Took awhile to leave church but we did and haven't looked back.

So take heart, her eyes and heart will be opened when God allows, not one second sooner.  So fellowship w/ us and love your wife as Christ loved the ecclesia! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.