bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bring the Rain  (Read 5751 times)

dawnnnny

Bring the Rain
« on: August 22, 2007, 04:23:22 AM »

This is a song by Mercy Me that's really been blessing me so much lately, and I wanted to share the lyrics.

I would have listened to this song a while back and not thought too much about it.  You see, I always used to think that if I were going through something "bad" in my life, then I guess I wasn't doing something right.  I guess God was punishing me for something.  What can I do right so that I constantly have "sunshine, lollypops, rainbows..." ???

It is so refreshing to know now how wrong that attitude was.  It is comforting to know that the "rain" that comes all serves His purpose for my life!  I don't think I've come to the point in my walk where I glory in my tribulations  :)   but I am beginning to understand more and more ...

Rom 5:3-5  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Bring the Rain - Mercy Me

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of
The clouds that may loom above
Because you are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
Suffering your destiny
So tell me...
whats a little rain

Redbird

Re: Bring the Rain
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 11:39:44 AM »

Thanks Dawn,

I really like the music of Mercy Me and haven't heard that song yet.  Maybe it's time to go to the music store!  :)  Rain has always seemed special to me ~ and oh how I look for the rainbow.

Peace to you, Lisa

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »

Hi Dawn,

Those are beautiful lyrics! It may be a process in regard to glorying in tribulation. There is so much encouragement in God's word for us.

From The Message:
James 1:2-4:

Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

Love,

Ursula :)

dawnnnny

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 08:48:43 PM »

Lisa, I guess rain is special to me since I live in the Seattle area, we sure get enough of it.  I remember living for two years in Fairbanks where it rarely rained and I actually missed it!  But the older I get the more appealing those warm dry areas see to be.  Go figure...
Thank you for that verse Ursula, another comforting one indeed!  :)

gmik

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 02:33:12 AM »

I like mercy me too.

I was in the faith/prosperity "mess" for years.  We all thought that tribulation was from satan and you shouldn't want it or praise it.  The Perfect Life was what we wanted and if we fell short well, it was bcz we didn't have faith or we were in sin!!

When I was having surgery a couple from my church at the time stopped by right before, and tried to get me to confess to "whatever" so I wouldn't have to have surgery! Gag!  I would have been mad but I was so busy throwing up that I couldn't get a word in.....and yet they stayed till the nurse asked them to leave! (praying in tongues the whole time too!)

dawnnnny

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 02:46:16 AM »

oh my goodness.... tongues.....that's a confusing issue for me   ??? ??? ???  (I've never done it but have family members that have)
all in good time I guess  :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 10:42:23 AM »

g! :o No wonder you were sick! Tongues, for me, is the evidence of the presence of familiar spirits of deception...that's enought to make anyone who is healthy sick! ::)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

dawnnnny

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 02:56:44 PM »

what's upsetting is that I feel if I question this practice (speaking in tongues), I'm either being blasphemous (in danger of committing the unpardonable sin) or its just because I don't have revelation. 

One person I know has pretty much said that until I do this act, I really won't get everything from God and to speak in tongues requires surrender and letting Him speak through me and...and...and... I can't tell you how many times over the years that this tongues thing has been a stumbling block for me. 

I think I got to the point of thinking, "well if it IS for today, then He's going to have to zap me with, because I'm tired of trying to feel I need to meet some "criteria" for receiving a supposed gift"   I KNOW I have His spirit !!!

DuluthGA

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 05:21:11 AM »

Gee, uh, d'ya think? 

Wink wink, nudge nudge,  :D
Janice

dawnnnny

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 12:47:32 PM »

chuckle chuckle
thanks Janice  :)
have a terrific day!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.