bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 6244 times)

jacieleigh

Hello!
« on: August 22, 2007, 03:15:58 PM »

My name is Jacie and just wanted to make my introduction. My Daddy, Satch, told me of this forum. He became very sick and he and I talked a lot in the hospital. He is no longer with us but is at peace and rest. I don't know if I will post very much as I have just been reading the site after my period of mourning had passed. I miss him still but I have mourned and it is now time to pick up the pieces and move forward.

skydreamers

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 04:14:55 PM »

Hi Jacie, I am sorry to hear about your Dad.  My prayers are with you that God give you strength and comfort as you move forward.  It is a blessing that your Dad was able to share with you...did he post on this forum?

You are welcomed with open arms, and I look forward to your future posts when you feel ready!

Peace,
Diana

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »

Hi Jacie,

I certainly remember your Dad Satch and I often wondered about him after he stopped posting here last year, he certainly never let on that his health was failing but I do remember his concern about a family member with cancer.

Welcome to the Forum and if you have anything you feel comfortable sharing with us about your Dad I sure would be interested, he always struck me as a kind and gentle man.

Thank you for joining us,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:59:19 PM »

Hello Jacie

You are very brave. Welcome to the Forum!

Now that you time for mourning is past, you may like to read something encouraging and uplifting.  Here is a beautiful teaching that I hope ill strenghten you in hope joy and trust http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

jacieleigh

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 05:13:21 PM »

Thank you all for your kind welcome. I feel very blessed that I got to be with Daddy until the end. He never lost his gentlemanly ways even though sickness is hard. I thought Daddy was sick for a couple of months before he would go to the doctor. When he did it was too late for any treatment. Daddy was military and was buried with full military honors. I was and am very proud of him and that I was his "little girl". He never raised his voice that I remember. He didn't have to. We wanted to do what would make him happy and proud. I could write a book about him so I better stop now. It is comforting to know that he is remembered.

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

Hi Jacie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like you are blessed with many wonderful memories of him.

God bless you,

Ursula

dawnnnny

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 09:36:51 PM »

Hi Jacie,

Welcome to this place.  I'm am thankful that both your dad and the Father of us all pointed you in our direction.  You will find much love here.  May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you!

DuluthGA

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:24:04 PM »

Jacie, you have my deepest, heartfelt sympathy.  Thank you for your post, and please consider joining us to post again anytime.

Sincerely,
Janice

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 11:05:35 PM »

Hi Jacie,

I am sorry for your lose, it sound like you had a specially close relationship with your Dad.  That must have been such a blessing to share those last days with him. 
I hope you will decide to join in the fellowship with us here, it is so nice to have these people to share this truth with.

2Co 13:11  Finally, brothers, rejoice. Perfect yourselves; encourage yourselves; mind the same thing; be at peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

jacieleigh

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 10:50:50 AM »

I recognize some of the names here that Daddy told me about on this site. He really enjoyed reading it and ,as he called it "visiting" with friends. During his last 2 months he re-taught me simple things that school , work and life had caused me to forget. He taught me to be quiet and still in my spirit, to feel the wind blow , to hear the sound of the birds and so many simple things like that . Daddy was so funny in so many ways. He was a strong personality and was himself in every situation. When he first got in the hospital, he wanted a cigarette. My brother told him he couldn't have one. He said, " I do believe I am still the Father here!". My brother left and Daddy told me to get one for him. I went and told the nurses he was tired and was going to sleep. I asked that he not be disturbed. I went back, turned the lights off, opened up the window and gave him a cigarette! He asked me why my brother thought he didn't have to mind anymore and told me I always minded him! My brother just about had a fit when he found out what me and Daddy had done! He got over it though.

iris

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »

Hi Jacie,

I felt sad when I heard about your dad.
I hope you'll stay around and read, read, read.
And look up all the scriptures as you read.
I hope to hear more from you.

Peace and Love
Iris

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 06:47:58 PM »

Hi Jacie,

Thank you for sharing some special memories of your dad with us.  I'm also happy your dad shared us (Bible-Truths.com) with you!  He knew you would be in good hands here.:)

Rene'

gmik

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 02:38:18 AM »

Well, JacieLeigh, I never read this thread.  Don't know how you got by me not Welcoming you!  Thats why I didn't know about your daddy on the other thread.  Wow.  He led you here.  I agree w/ him about it is like visiting w/ friends here.  I hope you will keep telling us your stories and become one of our friends in the Lord.  That is priceless how you "obeyed" your daddy w/ the ciggy! :D I can just picture it. ;D

LittleBear

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »

Yeah, I just pictured that cigarette. What a tender, loving act that was!

Ursula

jacieleigh

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »

Daddy got the biggest kick out of that! He told everybody that "his little girl " wasn't afraid of anyone or anything. I am stubborn and if Daddy wanted something , Daddy got it. They had him at this awful veteran's hospital once during this time. I am very small... barely 5 feet and less than 100 lbs. and they told me I couldn't take my Daddy out of that place. I told this 6 feet tall lady that he was my Daddy and if she thought she could stop me, meet me there at 5:00 a.m. the next morning. That was when I was going to pick Daddy up and take him somewhere else. She didn't show . Daddy was sleeping when I came into his room. I leaned down and whispered "Daddy "until he woke. Then I grinned at him and said " Are you ready tobreak out of this place?" All he said was "Let's do it , Little Girl". So we did!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 12:20:27 PM »

Beautiful! 8) He must have loved you as much as you loved him :) 8)

Beloved

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »

Welcom Jacie

There a lot of people who come to the BT forum. Some read, some post a lot . No matter what .....we are all here to learn God's word.

Ask any questions and someone will help answer it. We all enjoy the sharing of God's revelations

Beloved

GODSown1

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »

WoW!!! I LOVE it :),
                          Welcum! Jacie, man Plez stick around az I feel U could bring a smile on my face everyday lol!, Well I Pray my own children wont go all gargar! on me wen Im sick :), U sound like such a BlesSn, PleZ!! do keep posting it is a privilge lol! blieve mE!, GODBLESS! ur huge! Heart, may HE bring strength & understanding 2 U, takecare of urself all da same n e wayZ! Jacie.
                           muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. by da way Im frm a little Place on dis GOD Created! Earth called New Zealand, Peace b wit U alwyz, I feel ur Dad was & alwayz will b Proud of his "little girl" , muah! muah! muah!, GODBLESS! his Soul Oxxx

jacieleigh

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 01:12:18 PM »

Thank you so much. Although Daddy is gone away from me for a time, I hope to live my life as honest and honorably as he did. Not to bring praise onto me but to honor the life and lessons taught to me by my earthly family and to bring honor to God , my heavenly Father.

GODSown1

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 08:26:49 PM »

Amen 2 d@ Jacie
                       muchLOVE!! Pera
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.