bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FINALLY, My brethren, rejoice in the Lord  (Read 4665 times)

brandon h

FINALLY, My brethren, rejoice in the Lord
« on: August 23, 2007, 01:30:38 AM »

I'm in the middle of reading Philippians. It is such a great book. The spirit of this book touches me very deeply. It always has. The basis of where Paul is coming from in this book mainly has to do with suffering for Christ, as he was during the time it was written. There's no doubt Paul saw glimpses into the future of the church, as he was jealous over the Church with godly jealousy(2 Corinth 11), knowing that wolves were being raised from the flock. But as Paul wote from the heart of the spirit to the churches, he didn't know that his writings would be two thirds of what we call the New Testament. The greatest of pharisees made into the least of the apostles.

I know I'm new to the board but it I don't need to know you personally to know that as you came to know the truths presented by Ray, you started seeing your world differently. The bible isn't the same the next time around you read it. Confusion becomes a clear vision.

This morning, I started chapter three. This is how it starts:

"FINALLY, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord".

That was the first thing I read 7 in the morning. I had to laugh out loud. It was a beautiful moment. It was God's way of saying "Yes, these are my truths".

"Yes now you are in the minority."

"Yes you will be persecuted."

"Yes you will be as sheep among wolves."

" But....rejoice."

Paul said he wanted to know the power of his ressurection, AND to fellowship in his sufferings. As we receive one, we also receive another. Paul also aspired to be a chosen son(Phil 10-11). Look at his influence for us

So though we all have our battles before us.....REJOICE!!!  MY prayers are with you all

God Bless

gmik

Re: FINALLY, My brethren, rejoice in the Lord
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:34:15 AM »

Beautiful, Brandon!!!! I love that book!  So positive. Thanks for reminding me to Rejoice!!

DuluthGA

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 03:37:40 AM »

Hi Brandon and thanks very much for a post that very much touches my heart personally.

I very much relate to your phrases of now “seeing my world differently"… and “confusion became clearer vision”… and then, oh yes, realizing there’s more involved (the fellowship of His suffering) and there WILL be unpleasantries down the pike (for purposes.)

I very much appreciate the Philippians chapters you site, specifically, 3: 1 and 4: 10-11, and I think it’s interesting to note that in the Koine, or casual Greek, the translation comes out with that [“something verb” (?)/my more knowledgeable brothers and sisters will know the name of it] that deploys and has usage something like this:

Phil 3: 1   Finally, my brothers and sisters, you must be continually rejoicing in your union with the Master!

I’m just eyeballing it, but you get the idea…in other words, it's not JUST FOR NOW, not JUST a one-shot deal...keep on doing it!  REJOICING!  Ha!  :D

Yes, we can FINALLY rest in Him and go forth with the principles of His cross in our lives... death (tribulations and tragedies) and resurrection (more blessed times.) 

I am thankful it has been given to me to continually rejoice in them ALL,

Thanks again, with Christian love,
Janice

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:53:29 AM by DuluthGA »

skydreamers

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 04:22:08 AM »

Awesome post Brandon, Thank you!! :)

Peace,
Diana

Sue Creamer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »

Brandon,

That was very uplifting and encouraging to me...I am so happy for the "truth" God has given to me and I do so rejoice in the knowledge of his plan for mankind.  Yes, I do see my world differently, sometimes it is like trying to put on a garment that doesn't fit and in order for it to fit perfectly it has to be altered, which is what God is in the process of doing.  Thank you for your thoughtful and timely post.

Peace,
Sue Ann

DuluthGA

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 01:37:11 PM »

Hello... just a brief clarification of my first post...

Whether in the casual/everyday Greek or the classical Greek translation is used, the term I was trying to say for the verb tense was aorist;)

Tra la!
Have a great day,
Janice

dawnnnny

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »

just beautiful  :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 07:52:35 PM »

you can truly tell we all are of the same spirit, when the first thing that come sto my mind is

BEAUTIFUL BRANDON, and everyone else thinking that as well.

Boy our Father rocks doesn't He?! What a God we have! Praise Him indeed, REJOICE! =]

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 10:15:41 AM »

Hello Brandon

It is a positive reminder for those who suffer, emotionally, physically, mentally or even psychologically, that their pain can be attributed to " fellowship in His sufferings"....

In that we can count it all joy....

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 08:57:26 PM »

Right On Brandon

There are 18 rejoyce and joys in this chapter and this letter is chocked full of great news to believers.

(Phi 4:4 KJVR)  Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

Beloved         

gmik

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 01:51:14 AM »

Sandy, I hope you read this thread and just immerse yourself in the Phillipians!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.