bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mother Teresa  (Read 4285 times)

ciy

Mother Teresa
« on: August 23, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »

Long article in Time magazine revealing the doubts and problems of Mother Teresa.  Bless her heart, but she is probably the epitomy of a "good person doing her good works" that is as lost in Bablyon as they come.

The following quote:
"Jesus has a very special love for you. As for me, the silence and the emptiness is so great that I look and do not see, listen and do not hear."
— Mother Teresa to the Rev. Michael Van Der Peet, September 197

It is clear that she has no understanding of Jesus Christ and lived a life steeped in bondage. 

Another excerpt from the article:

"The smile," she writes, is "a mask" or "a cloak that covers everything." Similarly, she wonders whether she is engaged in verbal deception. "I spoke as if my very heart was in love with God — tender, personal love," she remarks to an adviser. "If you were [there], you would have said, 'What hypocrisy.'" Says the Rev. James Martin, an editor at the Jesuit magazine America and the author of My Life with the Saints, a book that dealt with far briefer reports in 2003 of Teresa's doubts: "I've never read a saint's life where the saint has such an intense spiritual darkness. No one knew she was that tormented."

She was completely wrapped up in the deception of religion, and we should all learn from her spiritual blindness.

One more great quote on religion:

Says Christopher Hitchens, author of The Missionary Position, a scathing polemic on Teresa, and more recently of the atheist manifesto God Is Not Great: "She was no more exempt from the realization that religion is a human fabrication than any other person, and that her attempted cure was more and more professions of faith could only have deepened the pit that she had dug for herself."

Hitchens is a professing atheist, but he nails religion and the deep, deep bondage it can get you into perfectly.  Just like the bondage the Israelites had in Egypt where they cried out in misery to God, but still could not get Egypt out of their hearts.

Do not get me wrong I realize the loneliness and flesh ripping experience of the wilderness and the called out, but the truth anchors me when I gather myself.  People deceived by religion have no truth to anchor too.
CIY
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 12:16:15 AM by ciy »

LittleBear

Re: Mother Teresa
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »

No, and because they think they have to earn their way into the kingdom of God, they never feel that they do enough. It is terrible bondage and she would feel she is in a pit that she can't dig her way out of. God would be a greater and greater taskmaster.

We can all learn from her life. When we get into the place of having to do for Christ, instead of Him working through us, it will feel like bondage, and it's time to rethink.

His burden is light.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 11:18:45 PM »

2 years ago when my son was in India he saw the efforts of her work.  I sure hope she just has a "few lashings" in the great white throne judgement.

ez2u

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 01:53:56 PM »

I have several of her books and they really spoke to me and encourage me in my faith in Christ.  I was not raised a Catholic nor any faith, just that there was a God and Jesus was bornon Christmas day.  We knew the4 Lotrds prayer and sang it.  Singing has always been apart of my family.  It funny and I know its as common as the day comes up in the morning how God uses things to encourage and for others to separate.  Reading this post did amke me see the Babylon system she was in but what I also am trying to say is her writings comfort me and encourage me to throw aside the distrations of this world and enjoy my love for the Father.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 10:03:13 PM »

I think that if anybody was known for there good works, at this time in history it would be Mother Teresa.  Is it not a testimony to the blindness that is in the church, you would think she would have know Christ if anybody did, but to hear here own words, "As for me, the silence and the emptiness is so great that I look and do not see, listen and do not hear." 
Until He chooses us and we are given His Spirit, we can not know Him.

Tit 3:5  not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Firefly

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 12:44:25 AM »

"Jesus has a very special love for you. As for me, the silence and the emptiness is so great that I look and do not see, listen and do not hear."
— Mother Teresa to the Rev. Michael Van Der Peet, September 1979

Am I missing something or does she at least acknowledge if not understand that she is deaf and blind. If she does than I find this interesting as that was my prayer for years...Father what am I missing, it just doesn't make sense. It was only last year He started giving me small bites of meat! I feel her pain and despair. How wonderful we have a Father that brings good out of all things.
Lori  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.