bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acts 21:24  (Read 5176 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Acts 21:24
« on: August 23, 2007, 09:02:01 AM »

What does ACTS 21:24 mean in relation to paul keeping the law. He actually performed purification ritual.              Thank you for any help you could give me   Phil

Dear Phil:  I believe that this was a case of Paul becoming all things to all men. Certainly He did not need to do this for his own personal benefit.  But James was kinda in a hard place. There were many believers in Jesus at Jerusalem after the resurrection, but they never dreamed that following Jesus would involve forsaking the "Law of Moses" in any way. And Paul was considered a renegade from Judaism anyway, now that he got all religious about Jesus (as they would perceive it).  And so he helped James in this difficult situation, Paul did something that might help ingratiate himself to the converting Jews in Jerusalem. He tells us that he did such things:

ICo 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Hope this helps your understanding.

God be with you,

Ray

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 09:38:53 AM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.