bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiritaul Pride  (Read 10184 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Spiritaul Pride
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 09:42:07 AM »

I believe the spiritual lesson is to learn not to compare oneself with anyone else but to find our value in the price Christ paid for us and not in comparisons. This is not easy because our carnal mind is full of competition, envy, lust and comparisons. That is why the fashion industry and Hollywood thrives I believe!

2 Cor 10:12 Not that we have the audacity to venture to class or even compare ourselves with some who exalt and furnish testimonials for themselves! However, when they measure themselves with themselves and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding and behave unwisely.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:43:18 AM by Arcturus »

Shmeggly

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 03:38:31 PM »

IZM:

Pride is so huge.  And sometimes we simply can't help being proud of something, or prideful in a wrong way.  It happens.  But if you realize it, then you can do something about it.

It's the pride you don't realize as pride that hits you hard.  God has a way of making the proud humble....really, can we MAKE ourselves humble?  I guess we can humble ourselves....but God will deal with pride, of that I have first hand knowledge!  And I thought I was a humble guy at one point!  And I had people tell me that.  And maybe in those areas I was....but in others I wasn't.  And now, through a "trial", I have learned the real meaning of humility, and of compassion and understanding.  As painful as it is, I wouldn't trade it.  I'm glad I changed, and was brought low.  I needed it!  So yes, my pride went before my fall, and I fell as hard as a person can. 

Not to freak you out, but that is my experience with pride.  I'm "proud" of my kids (or like happy) but then the pride of comparison etc sneaks in...with us vs others, our knowledge of the truth, our morality vs others etc....and it is not good.

Anyway...you have good questions...take "pride" in that!   :D Just kidding....James

insanezenmistress

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 07:53:02 PM »

you didnt freak me out........

Nothing much freaks ME out, My other sin is Obsession,,,,,,,ew god dislikes that, at least for me anyhow.

anyway.
  I enjoyed your post, you didnt have a quesiton about hwo you know ye the lord .......Pride is huge, yet even His Prince had to kneel his own will for his Master's..........He had also to Submit to us..........

sad how much our pride takes form that.

jacieleigh

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »

I believe Arcturus has hit the nail on the head with the observations made. We each one are so precious to God. We have different lives, different troubles and good times but are God's treasured ones. That is so mind-boggling that it is hard for me to fit it in my heart! My grandfather had a peach orchard. One of my favorite things to do was walk in the orchard with him and Daddy(Satch). They let me come along because I was quiet. My grandfather would pick a peach from a tree as we walked. It was warmed by the sun and it felt so soft. Grandfather would hold the peach in his hands while placing my hands on the peach. He would say," close your eyes and think about this wonderful fruit and why we are able to hold it in our hands. It is because God has given us this day and loves us so much that He is giving this special peach to us to eat and enjoy." He would go on to tell me that no matter how small it may seem to others it is  blessing from God who loves us as we are. I treasure those lessons learned. Grandfather told me to always remember and I do.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 05:49:19 PM »

Thankyou for sharing that sun ripened perfect peach of a lesson for all of us here in the Forum Jacieleigh. :)

BTW my middle name is Leigh.... ;)

Peace be to you

iris

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 05:59:30 PM »

Hi JacieLeigh,

Thank you for sharing that heart warming story about your grandfather's peach orchard. It reminded me of my childhood.  :)

Peace and Love
Iris

jacieleigh

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »

I believe some of the greatest lessons in life come from those small lessons learned from our elders. I know now that my Daddy's quiet , gentlemanly ways came from Grandfather because he was the same. Neither went to college or had anything fancy to show their acoomplishments but they had accomplished great things anyway. I believe that it is now up to us to pass those same life lessons on to those who will come after us. This date is the date that Grandfather left this earth. So today, I will think of him , the laughter, the music and the impact he still has on my life.

sonofone

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 08:12:35 PM »

I can completely agree with your post.Before I ended up here I belonged to a movement called the Body Of Christ. They believed that they were the called out and chosen church of God they spoke the same words that many on this site speak. They quote the come out of her my people verse and claim that all of Christendom is Babylon.There was such pride to think thatGod has favored you or that you must be special because you can see what others can not.I struggle everyday with how to feel about possesing truth,and I still find it hard to accept that all the church world all the called and not the chosen.So good topic.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »

Hello sonofone

Your post caused me to to consider the following scriptures:

Luke 3:6 And all mankind shall see, behold and understand and at last acknowledge the salvation of God, the deliverance from death decreed by God.

Some will be first and some will be last.  :)

Matt 20 : But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny. (Will that happen between the falsely assuming to be the few chosen and many called where the falsely assuming to be the few chosen resent that the many called and lost are saved too?)
11. And when they had received it, they murmured against the good man pf the house, 12. Saying, these LAST  have wrought but one hour, and you have made them equal to us which have borne the burden and heat of the day. (Sounds like they ignorantly assumed that it was far worse to suffer being chosen and killed for Christ rather than lost and found by HIM and then cleaned up in the LOF) 13 but he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do you no wrong, did not you agree with me for a penny? 14 Take what belongs to you and go, I choose to give to this LAST even as to you. 15. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with my own? Is your eye evil,  because I am good?

This for me deals with spiritual pride, the topic of this Thread. We should be proud of nothing! We should not be like the son who staying at home is grieved that his wayward brother gets the party and big celebration because he returned home. We too were once dead but now we live because Christ lives in us.

So there really should be no pride in the error of assuming that we are either called or chosen. I believe it is justified that we should desire to be chosen and made worthy to stand before the Son of man when He comes. Jesus Christ will bring the reward and prize when He returns. What if it is just a penny?

Will we be disappointed and told by Jesus to "go our way!" and that He has done us no wrong and that our pride came as a result and consequence of our ignorant, foolish and arrogant pride.....all because of a false assumption that we can merit or deserve anything!

It is a humbling thought to think and ponder on the fact that all will be saved from FIRST TO LAST! :) This is not a savory or palatable doctrine for those who teach heresy and lies yet it is the truth that saves us from puffed up egos and assumptions that the first will be first and the last will be last. God does not teach that!

Peace be to you

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:01:02 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.