bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Utter despair  (Read 14707 times)

DuluthGA

Re: Utter despair
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 01:45:07 AM »

Thank you for your heartfelt and insightful post JavaJoe!  Welcome very much to this forum!

This entire forum is in a pall, prayerfully waiting to hear from Sandy. 

I just gave Gena the last email address I had from her to perhaps try and touch base with her there.  With great hope she is starting to feel better or this has been an oversight on her part.

WE ALL KNOW GOD LOVES HER!

Thanks for joining in the expression of our love for her.

With hope on the horizon, we all look forward to talking with you and Sandy more soon.

Glory be to God,
Janice

dawnnnny

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 03:45:21 AM »

Janice, I'm relieved to hear that maybe Gena will be able to contact Sandy.  I had sent her a private message shortly after reading her post.  Every time I sign on, I check to see if I have any messages, but nothing  :(    She has been on my heart, as well as everyone else's.  I will continue in prayer for her. 

ez2u

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 05:35:13 PM »

Sandy lives in the same town as me.  She gave me her email address and a messenage she would like to get together.  I wrote her back but no answer and email wasn't picked up.  I know she lives with her parents. About where she lives but no address no phone #  prayer we needto dept her in our prayers Gods Will will be done.  Peggy

bambam

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 05:47:06 PM »

God be with you!!  I've been in the dark loneliness of depression and my prayers are with you!  That is when I learned to wait.  Wait on God, wait for things to pass, and they always did.  Praying for peace for you!  Wait on God, if you can't do anything else, wait on Him, wherever you are right now!! 

"They that wait upon the Lord, shall RENEW their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles.  They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint!"  Isaiah 40:31

In Christ's love,
Beth

dawnnnny

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 12:19:53 AM »

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I received a PM from Sandy today!  She said she would post on this thread later.  I tried to respond to her PM but it said it was unable to locate her   :(     so Sandy, if you're reading this, I tried to reply!!!!  I'm so glad you are ok and we all look forward to hearing from you!

Much love,
Dawn

ez2u

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 01:34:07 AM »

Hi  just thought I would let you all know Sandy and I are going for some sinful coffee hopefully tomorrow anyway I have her phone # and she has mine.  please continue to pray for her,  Peggy

DuluthGA

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 03:53:25 AM »

WILL DO, AND GOTCHA...

*KISS*

:-*

Redbird

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 08:47:57 AM »

Thank you ez2u,

I also noticed that Sandy visited the forum just last night.

Peace to you, Lisa

neeter

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 01:42:49 PM »

;D  ;D  ;D  YOU'RE OK!!!!!!! (Whew!!!!!)

gmik

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 04:43:07 PM »

Praise His Name Forever!!!!

Peggy, you were exactly what the doctor ordered!!  Enjoy your coffee.  Tell Sandy how much she means to all of us.

God's mysteries are so great--didn't know you were living there for a reason, did ya???  God's plans intersect better than the World Wide Web!

LittleBear

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 10:45:46 PM »

I tried to PM Sandie, but it said that it was unable to locate her, so I'll post it here:

Hi Sandy,

I'm thankful you are alright (physically anyway). I just want you to know I'm with you and am praying for you that God will be a comfort to you.

It looks like most of us on this forum were or are experiencing wrenching trials and feeling despair, so we know what you are feeling and it is painful. I think it was Beloved that said that God is rearranging our priorities. That is so true. As much as it hurts right now, know that God has handpicked this trial for you just as He has handpicked the trial I am going through, every step of it. He doesn't mean harm for you, He means to take you through this, so that you will be stronger on the other side of it. Trust Him.

Trust Him.

I have a husband who has not worked for over a year and a half, has clinical depression and is a drug addict. I have a mind that can think of the worst case senario easily, and I've been there thinking that he is going to send us to the poor house (actually, I don't think there is such a thing, but you thinking about bag-ladyship know what I mean). I am learning to take one day at a time and not to think too much about the future. This life is so uncertain and thinking about the future can be frightening. The thing is that we walk with God, and He has us in His strong right hand. He won't forsake you Sandy. He really wont. He can be trusted.

God bless you dear sister,

I will pray that God will show you something special.

Love,

Ursula

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 04:24:57 AM »

Dear sandy,
My heart aches with you.
We are all with you in spirit, and as someone else said; with loveing arms [of spirit] around you.
I'm deeply sadened to hear of your situation, but i know that it is through much tribulation we enter the kingdom of God.
Just remmeber that Jesus is with you, and He feels your pain. He sees what you see, He feels what you feel, and He cry's with you.
'As you have done it unto the least of these[or sandy], Ye have also done it unto me'
Christ feels your pain sandy, and He wants you to know He is with you, and He loves you more then any words upon a forum could ever express.
I love you to sandy!
My prayers and love are with you, i can only pray the Lord is letting you know that He to, loves you more then you could ever know.

God be with you always, and His love abound more and more.

In Christ and with you in spirit,

Alex

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 07:11:10 AM »

Sandy

DaluthGA has opened a thread called Caregiver shares more in this same section Testimonies/Prayer Requests/ Fellowship. If you have not read it, it may bless you to.

One way to ease OUR pain is to help others more stressed out and contribute to easing their pain. It takes the focus off of what we are suffering to help others and can be a huge blessing. I personally can attest to this.

In an all too brief opportunity I received the privilege to help out at a Hospice. As you may know Hospice patients have qualified to be in Hospice due to a diagnosis not giving them more than three months to live. They are terminally ill,.... as we all are. Some of us get to have a clinical diagnosis and some don't ;D

Perhaps you should do something pro active and go and volunteer to help out in a rape crisis organisation, Aids Orphanage or a Hospice. I assure you it can be a very quick fix!

Isaiah 54:10 The mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee....

Peace be to you sister.

Arcturus :)

ez2u

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2007, 07:25:54 AM »

Hi everyone Sandy asked me to post that she tried to get on the forum but had trouble so she has email them and will post as soon as possible.  Also please pray for me becaue I have torn a muscle or something in my neck and have terrible pain.  Peggy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2007, 08:11:35 AM »

Hello Peggy

Perhaps you can go and get some Arnica Oil. It is a very effective way to ease such pain. Also if you get some anti inflammatory. I suggest Tissue Salt no 4 Ferrum Phos which is not a chemical artificial substance but is safely homeopathic and it can also help the body to be comfortable while it heals.

A pain in the neck is very tedious and uncomfortable to bear.  :'(

A hot bath, and time out also helps! Sometimes we need the nurturing healing effects of peace and calm to get through such pain thresholds and in a very bizare way, it is those times of nurturing and healing that are so comfortable we can almost be glad for that pain in the neck once it comes... TO PASS.

If there is no sign of improvement you should not delay to get to a Doctor!

Peace to you

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:12:44 AM by Arcturus »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 10:48:59 AM »

Hi everyone Sandy asked me to post that she tried to get on the forum but had trouble so she has email them and will post as soon as possible.  Also please pray for me becaue I have torn a muscle or something in my neck and have terrible pain.  Peggy

Tell Sandy to try and post again.  It looks like she changed her email and the system locked her out.  I fixed it.

Craig

SandyFla

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »

Thanks, Craig. That's exactly what happened!

I am humbled and overwhelmed by the outpouring of love I have felt from you all through the messages, IMs and e-mails. I am so amazingly blessed to have such loving, caring friends. Words can't express what it means to me. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

Someone loaned me the book "48 Days to the Work You Love." It has given me some unorthodox ideas about combining the talents and passions God has given me for other employment. For instance, I was watching the Discovery Health Channel the other night with my mom, and she mentioned that I would make a good nurse. I've always been interested in biology and medical topics, so I'm considering going back to college next semester in the nursing program.

Also, I've always enjoyed writing, and my brother-in-law's mother remarked a few years ago that I should write children's books. Well, my sister and her family just moved to PA, so that inspired me to write a book about being the "new kid" in school from a child's perspective.

I also enjoy singing and can play a variety of instruments. I don't have a clue how to make money on that, other than to move to Nashville or Branson, and that is out of the question right now.

Finally, while searching for something on the Web, I stumbled across a site that would allow me to open an online mall for just $8.95 per month, in association with Amazon.com, who would handle inventory and shipping. All I need to do is choose what to put on my site, then collect the profits.

So perhaps being unemployed is the best thing that ever happened to me. Sometimes God has to give us a swift kick in the butt to get us going in other, better directions.

Sandy

dawnnnny

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »

Hi Sandy,

I was so excited to see your post!  I know that God has something absolutely fantastic for you, and one day you will look back on this time of your life and see that it was a pre-ordained growing/learning experience.  As often happens, we don't appreciate the storm until we've passed through it.  I'm continuing in prayer that He will let you know the right direction to take.  All your ideas sound really exciting. 

You know, I will be "unemployed" the end of September after deciding to quit a job after 28 years.  It was a scary decision but one that I'm at peace with.  Your story has helped me to understand that the future isn't going to be a bed of roses, and I'm sure there will be times that I'll be worrying and even regretting this decision.  So thank you for showing grace in going through your trials. 

God bless you Sandy and I look forward to hearing all sorts of exciting news from you in the future!!!

Much love and jumping up and down with Huge smiles,
Dawn
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 03:15:17 PM »

Hello Sandy

Going "forward" into the Nursing program sounds wonderful. Also that you have your Mom who is no doubt a comfort and support through the difficult time you have come through, will also no doubt assure you of her love and God's kindness to you through her.

A step at a time is always a sure steady course to take one day at a time, not forgetting to smell the roses....day by day our daily bread.

Peace to you

neeter

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2007, 03:38:02 PM »

THERE YOU ARE!!!!     girl....... you had us worried.... :o........i am so glad to see that things are looking up for you. ;D  you just keep stepping forward, and God always opens a door for us....... 8)

grace to you
neeter

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.