bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resurrection of the body  (Read 6091 times)

Evan600

Resurrection of the body
« on: August 25, 2007, 11:47:34 PM »

I realize that the "Apostle's Creed" is off.  There is no such thing as a physical, body resurrection.  In other words; the phrase "resurrection of the body" is unscriptural.

When Jesus rose from the dead, and His body was not in the tomb, what do you suppose happened to it?

Another question that I have, actually I'm wondering what you guys think.  When Jesus was showing Thomas His hands, and side, was this a spiritual body?  A completely different body altogether, that represented His physical self?

thanks for your input,

Jason

DuluthGA

Re: Resurrection of the body
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:51:29 AM »

Hi Jason,

I found the answers to your inquiries from Ray in the emails section.  I used the SEARCH box and entered "jesus" "body."  Cool that it can search for more than one word, just found that out.  Anyway, here they are:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3707.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3213.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2942.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1199.0.html

These should cover both of your questions.

Have a great night!  :)
Janice
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:39:40 AM by DuluthGA »

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:56:15 AM »

Thanks for the links Janice!!

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:14:51 AM »

Hi All,

I believe a lot of the confusion of what happened to Christ's physical body stems from the following Scripture.

Luk 24:37  But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

Luk 24:38  And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

Luk 24:39  Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Luk 24:40  And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them [his] hands and [his] feet.

Luk 24:41  And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

Luk 24:42  And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

Luk 24:43  And he took [it], and did eat before them.

What happened to the body? In my mind it was resurrected as promised. Yet is it strange or unusual that Christ was able to appear in different human forms, following the resurrection? Was he not formed in the likeness of man during his time as a human?

Phl 2:7   But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:  
Phl 2:8   And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

If he was able as a Spirit to take on the form of a human in His preexisting life as a Spirit; is it not possible that being raised as a Spirit once again following the resurrection that He could take on the same form as He 'was'? 

So what happened to the body of Christ during its time in the tomb? In my mind it vanished, the form of which was no longer needed, it was like it never existed. That Christ was a Spirit to begin with, and was able to take on any form He wanted following the resurrection, I believe is very important. For Christ himself stated in Luk 24:39:  Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Taken verbatim, Christ admits that in the form He took at that time, that He was NOT a spirit; yet this does NOT suggest that as a Spirit, he was unable to become once more as a man. Although He does not specifically state blood in the following: or a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have?

Would it be possible for those who witnessed the event to see the blood? Well, yes because Christ would have been very very pale had there been no blood in his body. I am of course not suggesting that I am right on this, but just because Christ didn't say that the body in which he formed did NOT have blood, then are we to assume that it didn't. He never said water either, but a very large percentage of the human body is comprised of water; are we to assume that all he had was flesh and bones, not have water or even muscle? :)  Assuming can be dangerous :)

Of course all of the above is assumed on the basis of my understanding and I write it not as enlightened truth but as musings, for I know very well that I can only see what I have been given to see. So please no flames. :)

Comments or corrections very welcome

With Love in Christ our Lamb,
Darren
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:19:07 AM by YellowStone »

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 12:37:16 AM »

It is hard to comprehend a spiritual body even with all of the hollywood movie effects but my mind boggles when I contemplate these scriptures

(Col 1:16 CLV)  for in Him is all created, that in the heavens and that on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created through Him and for Him,

(Col 1:17 CLV)  and He is before all, and [u]all has its cohesion in Him[/u]."

(Col 1:18 CLV)  And He is the Head of the body, the ecclesia, Who is Sovereign, Firstborn from among the dead, that in all He may be becoming first,

With this entire material universe ...God can certainly gather a few atomic particles and appear to the apostles.

The spiritual is like the linen and the world is like the wool. You do not mix these.. they are incompatible.

Like Christ I think the chosen will take off the linen and put on wool when interacting   that is ruling (teaching) and reigning (serving) the many and ungodly.

Whether you think about it , right now as you live and breath....you are leaving a long trail of atoms in space, you move around, the planet itself spins and it also moves through the universe. You are being recycled as you sit and read this.  When you die it just continues. A big dust ball ...getting smaller. ;D

Beloved

D Student

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 02:00:34 AM »

Good Subject. ;D

Chris       

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 02:16:49 AM »

It is hard to comprehend a spiritual body even with all of the hollywood movie effects but my mind boggles when I contemplate these scriptures

(Col 1:16 CLV)  for in Him is all created, that in the heavens and that on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created through Him and for Him,

(Col 1:17 CLV)  and He is before all, and [u]all has its cohesion in Him[/u]."

(Col 1:18 CLV)  And He is the Head of the body, the ecclesia, Who is Sovereign, Firstborn from among the dead, that in all He may be becoming first,

With this entire material universe ...God can certainly gather a few atomic particles and appear to the apostles.

The spiritual is like the linen and the world is like the wool. You do not mix these.. they are incompatible.

Like Christ I think the chosen will take off the linen and put on wool when interacting   that is ruling (teaching) and reigning (serving) the many and ungodly.

Whether you think about it , right now as you live and breath....you are leaving a long trail of atoms in space, you move around, the planet itself spins and it also moves through the universe. You are being recycled as you sit and read this.  When you die it just continues. A big dust ball ...getting smaller. ;D

Beloved

Yes Beloved you are so right. Don't we humans regenerate totally every 5 or 7 years, because our cells have a limited life span. God is amazing for sure. :)

Love In Christ the Lamb,
Darren

DuluthGA

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 04:29:26 PM »

Thank you all very much for this thread.

Very interesting thought, Beloved:

"The spiritual is like the linen and the world is like the wool. You do not mix these.. they are incompatible.  Like Christ I think the chosen will take off the linen and put on wool when interacting, that is, ruling (teaching) and reigning (serving) the many and ungodly."

Janice

Evan600

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 06:48:38 PM »

Hi Jason,

I found the answers to your inquiries from Ray in the emails section.  I used the SEARCH box and entered "jesus" "body."  Cool that it can search for more than one word, just found that out.  Anyway, here they are:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3707.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3213.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2942.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1199.0.html

These should cover both of your questions.

Have a great night!  :)
Janice

Thank you so much for those links.  They have helped.

- Jason

GregR

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 11:16:18 AM »

Jesus said something about destroying the temple of his body and in three days he would raise it.

He did just that. I believe it to be the actual flesh and bones that was resurrected, how else could they have handled him? HIs body had the holes in it still. He had yet to ascend to his father. Yep, I believe it to be the actual body that was crucified. Even the angels outside the tomb told Mary that Jesus was somewhere else when she saw that his body was gone.  Something had to of got raised the third day. Why else would the stone have needed to be moved from the tomb?

Kat

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »

Hi GregR,

When Jesus Christ was resurrected He was given all power and authority.

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authority is given to Me in Heaven and in earth.

Christ is with His Father in the heavenly realm, therefore He must be spirit.

John 3:5  Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Heb 9:24  For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.

He returned to His glorified state of being and He gained all power and aithority as soon as He was resurrected.  His physical body was of no Consequence, because He had all power.  Maybe it was changed at His resurrection, but regardless after His resurrection He was able to take any form He chose and moved about freely, not being hindered by doors, locks or the stone or anything physical.
When He appeared to the disciples He put on different forms at different times, whatever He desired as He chose to.
He created the universe and has control over the physical elements and is not hindered by any natural laws, because He was the One that made the laws.
See what I mean He's all powerful, He does whatever He desires.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 12:11:35 PM »

Hi Greg,

The stone was removed to reveal an empty tomb, the body was "changed" into a spiritual body, it is written that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom does the King Himself have a flesh and blood body?

1Cor 15:50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Cor 15:51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Cor 15:52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Cor 15:53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

We all will follow His example in all things, in His resurrection is the hope of our own.

Phi 3:21  Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Mar 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Mar 16:10 And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.

Mar 16:11And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

Mar 16:12 After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

Can a flesh, blood and bone body change form? I know that with God all things are possible but He is Spirit, His Words are life giving Spirit and His Kingdom is Spirit.

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth2227; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

*quickeneth

G2227
ζωοποιέω
zōopoieō
dzo-op-oy-eh'-o
From the same as G2226 and G4160; to (re-) vitalize (literally or figuratively): - make alive, give life, quicken.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »

Thank you Kat,

Once again we were writing our posts about the same time.  ;)

Very good stuff Sister,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.