bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Surprise in Space  (Read 6253 times)

Kat

Re: Another Surprise in Space
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:09:22 PM »

Hi Joe,

I find these astronomical things very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.

Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:40:43 PM »

You are welcome Kat,

I too love the information, pictures and discoveries of and about our Universe, it shows even more the majesty of His creation and the mind boggling vastness and complexity of it all.

His Peace to you,

Joe

ciy

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 01:56:18 PM »

Amazing how when man thinks he has it all wrapped up neat and nice so that all of the laws work so well together, God throws a monkey wrench (in this case a hole that according to man's rules is not supposed to be there) into the whole works to show that He is God and there is no other.
CIY

gmik

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 07:12:26 PM »

Good one Joe.

That Rudnick said "well there is only one explanation...."

:D Like he knows!!!!  yeah, in all the universe could only mean 1 thing!

Holes in space tho sure get the mind going!!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »

Thank you Joe

Have printed this for my sons Astronomy teacher!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

insanezenmistress

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 07:50:13 PM »

I wonder if they will ever find the BOLDLY GO galaxcy. The Star Trek people have been trying to reach Boldly Go, where no man has gone before, for ever already.

gmik

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 12:18:02 AM »

I think Stargate SG1 found it tho!

(my fav sci fi show :D)

YellowStone

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 01:10:30 AM »

Great info Joe. I nearly cracked up when I read that it was even devoid of "black (dark) matter" well Gosh, it must be there, how could it not be because it is not anywhere else. LOL.

Black matter came into existance purely to justify various theories, in fact no one even knows what it is. I love Science, but to invent a something that cannot be seen or felt or analyzed but has gravity that is insanely more powerful than any star or group of stars just to explain why galaxies do not fy to peaces due to inertia is insane :)

Oh, if this is true, then the universe must be billions or trillions of years old than is commonly believed. The reason is that light is matter, and it's speed is measured in a vacuum. Well, if dark matter has gravity enough to stop stars from being slung out into space, then surely it has power enough to slow light. It could be argued that it might bring light to a crawl. BUT, the scientists do not and have not adjusted their caculations on the speed of light as it hurtles across the universe. I wonder why? :)

Sorry about that, ......I found this subject fascinating, and theories full of holes, amusing.

Love to all,
Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 10:10:29 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Isn't our God wonderful in how He throws these curveballs to the wisdom of man and science, just when it is thought "well, we got it figured out now," there is a discovery that shoots holes right through it all!

The other night I heard a scientist state that there are more stars in the Universe than grains of sand on the earth, it gave me pause to contemplate that idea when you consider the distance of light years between the stars, that makes for quite an incomprehensible Universe wouldn't you say?

Isn't it fantastic that Scripture has compared the number of stars to sand as well, right from Genesis forward?

Thanks for all the input!

Joe

javajoe

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 10:40:58 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Isn't our God wonderful in how He throws these curveballs to the wisdom of man and science, just when it is thought "well, we got it figured out now," there is a discovery that shoots holes right through it all!

The other night I heard a scientist state that there are more stars in the Universe than grains of sand on the earth, it gave me pause to contemplate that idea when you consider the distance of light years between the stars, that makes for quite an incomprehensible Universe wouldn't you say?

Isn't it fantastic that Scripture has compared the number of stars to sand as well, right from Genesis forward?

Thanks for all the input!

Joe

This brought to mind my favorite Psalm, Psalm 19: It begins "The heavens declare the glory of God.."  I am really into astronomy.  Me and a buddy of mine were out star gazing over the weekend with our 'scopes.  I was sparticularly amazed with the andromeda galaxy.  It is 2.7 million light years away, but that is considered close in astronomical terms.  So close, that we are linked with this star system gravitationally, and are on a collision course with it.  We will merge with the Andromeda system in about 5 billion years or so! I think I often feel God's presence more when I am out looking at His marvelous creation, and how puny we are in comparison.

Nice to know there is someone else on this forum that likes space!

ciao,

Joe

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 01:08:40 PM »

Kat

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 11:44:56 AM »

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the link
Boy did that open up a lot to look at.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.