bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Save a soul from death  (Read 4998 times)

rocky

Save a soul from death
« on: August 27, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »

Any ideas re: this verse and how that relates to the mortal soul? 

Jam 5:19 My brethren, if anyone among you should be led astray from the way of the truth, and someone should be turning him back,

Jam 5:20 let him know that he who turns back a sinner out of the deception of his way will be saving his soul from death and will be covering a multitude of sins.

Beloved

Re: Save a soul from death
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:01:51 AM »

Very interesting verse

(Jam 5:19 REV)  My brethren! If one among you be led to err from the truth, and one turn him back,

(Jam 5:20 REV)  Be ye taking note-that, he that turneth back a sinner out of the error of his way-will save his soul out of death, and hide a multitude of sins.

Whose soul is he talking about?
Is it the one who is in error? Or is it the one who is turning him back from his error?

I am thinking that it is the one who is turning the sinner back .  We are to be dying daily and delivery/heal (sozo) your own soul is what Paul talked about

Phi 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation   with fear and trembling. 

Turning someone in error this is in a way an act of charity. You are showing love for that person's condition. 

(1Pe 4:8 KJVR)  And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Love is what covers the multitude of sins.

This verse does have strange wording

Beloved

rocky

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 01:25:13 AM »

Here is the interlinear version:

Let-be-knowing that the one-on-turning misser out of stray-ing of-way of-him shall-be-saving soul of-him out of-death and shall-be-covering multitude of-misses.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 09:12:25 AM »

Hi Beloved,

Very good answer, 1Peter 4:8 immediately came to mind as I first read the original post and I agree that turning someone away from error is an act of charity/love that is not particularly easy in many cases. As we all know often the person being corrected is not initially receptive to being admonished and we ourselves have to overcome being timid in addressing the issue. (CIY recently reminded me of this)

However I think the verses rocky quoted apply to both the corrector and the corrected, if this sinful error is eliminated from the brother or sister then they are once again able to grow in His Spirit in the hope of finishing the race, it also works in strengthening the person who gave the correction, when charity is exercized it grows stronger, the more selfless we are, the more we empty ourselves of the natural carnal man we leave room for a much greater influence of the Spirit of Christ within us.

His Peace to you,

Joe   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.