bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: the big homosexual question....this is so hard to write  (Read 9087 times)

neeter

Re: the big homosexual question....this is so hard to write
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 05:22:39 PM »

i once heard someone compare sin to a still lake.  all sin is the water and the moment the surface of the water is broken, it is sin. kinda puts a picture in my head.
i hope no one thought Chris was being "unloving" i certainly didn't. sometimes when you are writing something, it may not be understood like you mean it, or someone interprets it differently. we have so many mannerisms and expressions that we use when speaking that may not be clear when trying to write them.
y'all know what i mean?  (a little southern slang  ;D)

grace,
neeter

SandyFla

Re: the big homosexual question....this is so hard to write
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 04:24:50 PM »

As others have said, sin is sin - period.

Even the Apostle Paul dealt with it, as he wrote in Romans 7:14-23.

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

What he wanted to do, he didn't do. Those things he didn't want to do, he kept doing. So was he hopeless? No! Check out verses 24-25:

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

We all have sin to deal with - whether it's gluttony, anger or a tendency toward homosexuality.

But the good news is, someday we will be "delivered from the body of this death" through Jesus Christ. We will be perfect, complete in Him, and the very children of the King that He has destined us to be.

Sandy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.