bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google Earth  (Read 9197 times)

Kat

Google Earth
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:24:46 PM »

I just downloaded this new version of Google Earth.  I am mesmerised by all this, you can virually see anywhere on earth by the satellite pictures.  You can get clear 3D views to within a few hundred ft. of the surface of the earth, in most cases.
I have been traveling around the last few days, to places I will never be able to visit.  But have gotten a whole new perspective of so many places and thought some of you might be interested in this too.

There is also a link on the toolbar for 'Sky,' in google earth.  This has the most undated views of the cosmos.

Here is link to download;
http://earth-viewers.com/

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

Re: Google Earth
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:49:08 PM »

Thanks for the link Kat,

I love this stuff!

Joe

Firefly

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »

Thanks Kat...that is amazing!

gmik

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 06:29:37 PM »

Excellent.  Many thanks!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 07:59:47 PM »

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 08:01:54 PM by Dennis Vogel »

rk12201960

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 08:36:30 PM »

Way cool Dennis!
Thanks  8)

Randy
 ;D 8) ;D

I really love to fly the Spitfire and the Tempest.
I also like the P51 Mustang but it doesn't handle as well as the SF & Temp.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 08:43:35 PM by Randy »

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 11:20:49 PM »

Thanks Kat and Dennis for the Flight Simulator info.

I have been a fan of Google Earth for a long time, and I actually was able to find our ourback ranch (station) in Australia. It covered over 70 square miles and can be viewed in its entirety from an elevation of 14 miles. 80% of it is is in pretty good detail and the homestead and out buildings, cattle yards, etc can be clearly seen. We lost the property in the late 80's due to drought and sky-rocketing interest rates, but it has always held a soft spot to me. :)

If anyone is interested in looking at the it and the surrounding country, the coordinates are: 26 24.00' S, 146 28.98' E

Remember this is the Australian Outback and the ground is red. :)  BTW we ran cattle (350 breeders) and sheep (7000) and we used horsers and motorcycles.

Thanks,
Darren

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »

Hi Darren,

That is so cool. I'm looking at your ranch as I type this (I use two monitors). At least you are somewhat close to a town (Charleville). I'm able to zoom in and see every street and street name.

I especially like how you can look in at any angel. You can grab the compass and turn all around and the terrain appears in 3D.

I have visited just about every National Park in the US, but Google Earth gives me a new perspective. I spent time zooming around Yosemite National Park yesterday, and have a new appreciation for it.

Dennis

I have been a fan of Google Earth for a long time, and I actually was able to find our ourback ranch (station) in Australia. It covered over 70 square miles and can be viewed in its entirety from an elevation of 14 miles. 80% of it is is in pretty good detail and the homestead and out buildings, cattle yards, etc can be clearly seen. We lost the property in the late 80's due to drought and sky-rocketing interest rates, but it has always held a soft spot to me. :)

If anyone is interested in looking at the it and the surrounding country, the coordinates are: 26 24.00' S, 146 28.98' E

Remember this is the Australian Outback and the ground is red. :)  BTW we ran cattle (350 breeders) and sheep (7000) and we used horsers and motorcycles.

Thanks,
Darren

insanezenmistress

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 11:40:19 AM »

Pssst dont down load that, its a secret government plot to mark you in their sysem for future robotic tyrrany.....past it on.......

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 12:09:57 PM »

Pssst dont down load that, its a secret government plot to mark you in their sysem for future robotic tyrrany.....past it on.......

I also heard that if you download it, it uses your computers wireless connection to take photos of you in the bathroom. ;)

Craig

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »

Let'em look...

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

Hi Darren,

That is so cool. I'm looking at your ranch as I type this (I use two monitors). At least you are somewhat close to a town (Charleville). I'm able to zoom in and see every street and street name.

I especially like how you can look in at any angel. You can grab the compass and turn all around and the terrain appears in 3D.

I have visited just about every National Park in the US, but Google Earth gives me a new perspective. I spent time zooming around Yosemite National Park yesterday, and have a new appreciation for it.

Dennis

Thanks,
Darren

Thanks Dennis, I know I found it very interesting seeing the property from the air :) That was 20 years ago, and things haven't changed much. I love crusing over Yellowstone national Park, and my wife's family have a ranch near Trout Creek Montana, now there is some beautiful scenery if you ever want to do some exploring :)

Darren

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 01:51:49 PM »

Been there Darren,

http://dennisvogel.net/
http://dennisvogel.net/2006Trip/

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, I know I found it very interesting seeing the property from the air :) That was 20 years ago, and things haven't changed much. I love crusing over Yellowstone national Park, and my wife's family have a ranch near Trout Creek Montana, now there is some beautiful scenery if you ever want to do some exploring :)

Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »

Dennis,

Thanks for the pics, I love that place, it feels like home to me. You will no doubt recognize my avatar. :)

Thanks,
Darren

skydreamers

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 02:14:36 PM »

Good one Justine!

Peace,
Diana

Patrick

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 03:27:27 PM »

I've been hesitant to download the software, cuz it takes soooo long with my "green acres" dial-up connection (I won't even try youtube anymore).
93 minutes to complete; I listened to the Sept. Bible study while waiting. ;D

Cool/awesome deal. Thanks!

AZ residence;
33 48' 14.60" N  111 58' 15.67" W

The old ranch house in TX (after the contaminated water fiasco with the oil companies, EPA, RRC, & State of TX; can see the damage, vegetation is starting to come back after 15 yrs);
32 13' 58.35" N  101 14' 18.35" W

Both images appear to be about 2 yrs old.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 03:29:34 PM by Patrick »

iris

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »

Thanks for sharing the link, Kat!

Peace and Love
Iris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.