bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CARM  (Read 11625 times)

lilitalienboi16

CARM
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 06:02:12 PM »

Quote from: SandyFla
Quote from: lilitalienboi16
He then asked me

"If someone broke into your house and attacked your family would you not defend them?"

I told HIm "i would Pray for the guidence of what to do."

He laughed at me, along with other people in the room

He then said "You would pray?"

I said "yes i would".

He also asked me what if i saw a "rigtheous man" being killed would i not kill to save His life?

I told Him "i don't believe it right to kill another person NO MATTER WHAT."

If we are not to defend ourselves, can someone please explain to me what Jesus meant when He said, "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one" (Luke 22:36b)? What did He mean for them to do with that sword? What other use is there? To me, it seems that Jesus wanted His disciples to be able to protect themselves, as He said this shortly before the betrayal.

On E-sword, there no reference numeral for "sword," but for buy "one," it says,

"machaira
makh'-ahee-rah
Probably feminine of a presumed derivative of G3163; a knife, that is, dirk; figuratively war, judicial punishment: - sword"

Sandy

I always saw this spiritualy and i could be wrong, but isn't Gods word a SWORD? Isn't that what it is refered to as? Sharpre then any two edged sword?

So God is saying give up what you have, sell it if you will and take up Your Cross, take up the WORD OF GOD.

I could be wrong, but thats what i see as "MY WORDS THEY ARE SPIRIT AND THEY ARE LIFE."

I don't think Jesus was being literal, however perhaps that is how its interpreted by the literal carnal thinking mind.

Again i could be wrong, thats my two cents on it.

God bless,

Alex.

P.S. If anyone knows what the true meaning of that is then please fill us in :) (Literal or spiritual that is.)

lilitalienboi16

CARM
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 06:02:32 PM »

dp lol

lilitalienboi16

CARM
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 06:02:53 PM »

dp sorry

love_magnified

CARM
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 06:36:20 PM »

If we are not to defend ourselves, can someone please explain to me what Jesus meant when He said, "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one" (Luke 22:36b)?

He who does not have the word of God, let him cast off his comforts of his flesh and follow the Word. If we suffer with him, we shall also reign with him.

Steve Crook

CARM
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 07:17:56 PM »

If we are not to defend ourselves, can someone please explain to me what Jesus meant when He said, "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one" (Luke 22:36b)? What did He mean for them to do with that sword? What other use is there? To me, it seems that Jesus wanted His disciples to be able to protect themselves, as He said this shortly before the betrayal.

"He that have NOT the WORD OF GOD, LET him sell his unrighteousness, and BUY IT/WORD OF GOD"

This is my take on this. The above phrase is all me, so don't think I got that from a translation or something.

Pro 23:23
(23) Buy the truth, and sell it not[/u]; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Mat 10:33-36
(33)  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
(34)  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
(35)  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
(36)  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Mat 26:52
(52)  Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the (physical) sword shall perish with the (spiritual) sword. (emphasis mine)

Luk 2:34-35
(34)  And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;
(35)  (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Now, notice what happens right before Christ says to SELL YOUR GARMENT (unrighteosness) AND BUY A SWORD( The Word of God = TRUTH).

Luk 22:31-37
(31)  And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
(32)  But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
(33)  And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
(34)  And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.
(35)  And he (Christ) said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
(36)  Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
(37)  For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

Eph 6:17
(17)  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Rev 1:16
(16)  And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev 2:12
(12)  And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

Rev 2:16
(16)  Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

What garment do you think Christ is SPIRITUALLY refering to? Could it be the garment of RIGHTEOUSNESS or UNRIGHTEOUSNESS?

Mat 9:16
(16)  No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.

Mat 22:11-14
(11)  And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
(12)  And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
(13)  Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(14)  For many are called, but few are chosen.

Mar 16:5-6
(5)  And entering into the sepulcher, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
(6)  And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

Jud 1:20-23
(20)  But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
(21)  Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
(22)  And of some have compassion, making a difference:
(23)  And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Rev 1:12-14
(12)  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
(13)  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
(14)  His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

2Co 6:4-7
(4)  But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
(5)  In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in watchings, in fastings;
(6)  By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
(7)  By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

Eph 6:12-14
(12)  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
(13)  Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
(14)  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Rev 19:7-9
(7)  Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8)  And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
(9)  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Rom 13:4
(4)  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

God Bless
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.