bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It begins.  (Read 5655 times)

bambam

It begins.
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:19:36 PM »

I do not know what is to become of me, but my husband and I have started to study together.  He has told our pastor about my "ideas".  Of course I do not know how it will all turn out, but I just ask for prayer that God will grant me the understanding as we study, and that my husbands eyes will be opened.  I am scared.  I admit I do not want to lose my husband!  I know he loves me, and that is why he is studying with me, but it is going to take a miracle for him to forsake all that he believes to see what I see.   I truly think his goal in the back of his mind is to persuade me to "come back".  I do not forsee that happening because I know too much ;).  I don't want to go back-and if I did, I would not truly believe it anyway-I would just be doing it to save our marriage. 

I just need prayer.  I am very nervous, even though I know I should not be, I am! 

Blessings to you all!!

Beth 

Kat

Re: It begins.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 02:43:26 PM »

Hi Beth,

Oh my, I would be nervous too. 
Do you at least have a translation like Rotherham or the Concordant Literal Version, these use the actual word that was meant, instead of the word hell.  And having eSword to look up the meaning of words would be a big help to you. 
I'm sure this is your husbands attempt to show you that you are wrong, but he may be the one to learn from this, if God opens his eyes.

I'll be praying for you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 06:37:38 PM »

Hi Beth,

I hope God opens his eyes. That would be cool. But if He doesn't I will pray that you hold fast to the truth that God has given you.

Love,

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 06:56:29 PM »

Can you copy things?  Anytime someone links Ray's stuff on a thread I copy them out and keep in a file.  It is too hard to remember the scriptures during study or debate, so just pull out the sheet and voila!

Your hubby might think he is "studying" w/ you just to get you "back", but it might have a boomerang effect back on him! :D God still does miracles and he may just drag your husband to your side!

jER

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 01:10:19 AM »

Beth

I will be praying that this study is between you and the Hubby!
And that you are not "tag-teamed" as I have often seen happen.

In His Peace - jER

sasscell

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »

Beth, been there done that!!  The big meeting with the husband and pastor and all.  Just remember, you can't convince anyone of anything, that's not your job.  Just listen, be respectful and politely point out what you see when you can.  I eventually got my pastor to admit he and we just don't know everything, we see through a glass darkly.  With this we all called a truce.  I still attend church with my husband and children.  As a wife, I know this is the right thing to do for now.  It was REALLY hard at first...hearing that stuff, but also everyone knowing where I stood. Sometimes the pastor would talk about hell and I would feel like I was 2 inches tall and every eyeball was on me!!  But, eventually it all worked out and I am welcome and loved at my church despite my beliefs.  Although I am not allowed to preach my views, I do "give an answer to those that ask" just like Ray says, so I don't feel conflicted about that at all.  In fact, I have found some "closeters"!!  In the mean time, I just wait and see what God will do next!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:16:09 AM by sasscell »

sonofone

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 12:58:59 PM »

excellent post and responses. I pray that God will bless and see you through this endeavor. please know that God has given us a community of believers to share with and provide comfort for one another. and I thank God for each of you daily.

bambam

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »

It's nice to know that I am not alone.  Thanks for your thoughts! :)  The more I meditate on things in my heart the more I am convinced of the truth-it's amazing! 

Blessings,
Beth

SandyFla

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 04:03:20 PM »

I know he loves me, and that is why he is studying with me, but it is going to take a miracle for him to forsake all that he believes to see what I see.   I truly think his goal in the back of his mind is to persuade me to "come back".

Beth,

You are right - it WILL take a miracle for him to see what you see, as it does for any of us. Only God can open blind eyes--physical AND spiritual, and either way, it is a miracle.

Even if you are correct about his motives, God is able to change his mind and prove Himself to be a loving God rather than a monstrous sadist. Many atheists have come to believe in God when they set out to prove He doesn't exist. Through your studies, God can give your husband a glimpse of the truth and start him really thinking. Don't worry if he gets angry; that happens sometimes when our long-held beliefs are shattered. It's a scary thing to realize what you believed all your life could be wrong. Panic is natural. Just hold on, live the life in front of him and let God remove the blinders.

You and your husband are in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Sandy

bambam

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »

Hello, I just wanted to leave an update.  My husband and I are struggling.  My pastor has gone to bibletruths and figured that Ray us a universalist unitarian, whatever that is.  He warned my husband that that is very dangerous and that he should get it out of our home.  That may sound bad, right?  but, you know, I understand why he would think that way.  He is strong in his beliefs and a pastor of a church that just bought a new building and is going places for God.  He probably believes Satan is attacking, and I think my husband does too.  He means alot to my husband, as well as the church, so this is going to be a rough ride.  I am tempted to act like nothing happened, and go on with our lives, secretly knowing the truth.  I will not be able to sing in church or teach Sunday School-which is okay with me really, but my husband is sad, and everyone is probably going to ask why I am not singing anymore. 

I tell you, I cannot go back to the beliefs I once held.  Even though I do not understand it all, I can't go back.  But I cannot explain it to others either.  I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. 

Thanks for your prayers and concerns!  Blessings!

Beth :) 

javajoe

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 12:00:50 PM »

Hello, I just wanted to leave an update.  My husband and I are struggling.  My pastor has gone to bibletruths and figured that Ray us a universalist unitarian, whatever that is.  He warned my husband that that is very dangerous and that he should get it out of our home.  That may sound bad, right?  but, you know, I understand why he would think that way.  He is strong in his beliefs and a pastor of a church that just bought a new building and is going places for God.  He probably believes Satan is attacking, and I think my husband does too.  He means alot to my husband, as well as the church, so this is going to be a rough ride.  I am tempted to act like nothing happened, and go on with our lives, secretly knowing the truth.  I will not be able to sing in church or teach Sunday School-which is okay with me really, but my husband is sad, and everyone is probably going to ask why I am not singing anymore. 

I tell you, I cannot go back to the beliefs I once held.  Even though I do not understand it all, I can't go back.  But I cannot explain it to others either.  I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. 

Thanks for your prayers and concerns!  Blessings!

Beth :) 

Beth,

I have a great deal of compassion for you and your husband.  I am still going to a church that I really like, but I know I will eventually have to go the elders and tell them what I believe.  I already told one of the lead elders what I felt about tithing, and he was OK with it - saying that another elder felt the same way.  They also are "reformed" , meaning they don't believe in free will - so the next hurdle is the universal salvation belief.  I wish I could give you some advice concerning you and your husband.  I know satan would love to come and cause strife in your marriage.  My wife is a nonbeliever, which, in a way ,makes it easier for me - she doesn't care what I believe as long as it doesn't affect our marriage.  I will pray that God will give you an answer.

ciao,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 12:19:20 PM »

Hi Beth,

My heart goes out to you.  You have really been given a hard way to go.  I am glad to hear you say, I tell you, I cannot go back to the beliefs I once held.  Even though I do not understand it all, I can't go back.
You do understand that it is not actually you they are against, but the truth of God.  This is not your battle, it is Christ's battle, He will not leave you alone in this.

Rom 8:31  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

I can see how difficult this is for you, but you are standing with Christ.

Gal 5:1  Stand fast therefore in the liberty with which Christ has made us free, and do not again be held with the yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:10  I have confidence in you in the Lord, that you will think nothing else, but that he troubling you shall bear the judgment, whoever he may be.

This story in Kings is something to think about  :)

2Ki 6:15  And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?"
v. 16  So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
v. 17  And Elisha prayed, and said, "LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

mercy, peace and peace
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.