bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello To All  (Read 8854 times)

HopeImChosen

Hello To All
« on: August 30, 2007, 07:59:45 PM »

Greetings Forum,

My name is Derrick and this is my first day on the forum(At least as a member, I've been lurking as a guest for a year or two)and I truly enjoy Ray's teachings, and the comments and responses to questions that have flooded my mind.

Just a brief(I hope) intro of me. Back in 2005, I did a google search on tithing and lo and behold, I see these words "Tithing is Unscriptural.." I don't know why I couldn't resist clicking on that link, as I was totally fed up with people coming up with their nonsensical(So I thought)theories against tithing, and I thought I had read everyone of them. Well, it must have been that God right then and there opened my eyes, as I could not resist the fact that this man was right, and had the scriptures to prove it. He helped shake me loose of that oft-used scripture in Malachi that is used to beat people into submission when it comes to tithing.

Well, from there I went to the story of the rich man & Lazarus, and literally had tears rolling down my eyes, as I had FINALLY gotten the truth of that parable! It was something I could not at all dispute, and it so resonated in my soul, that I began to really doubt this thing called "hell", and was rejoicing that my dear Grandfather, Uncles, and several other relatives and friends were NOT roasting in hell.

Oh what great news this gospel truly is. The first several days after stumbling onto Ray's site, I think I slept an average of 4 hours a night, as I was enthralled in the Lake of Fire series. I left my church, much to the dismay of my mom and several friends(I'd been a menber there since 1979), who claim that I "backslid." I have NO desire to go back to that mess. So here I am, hoping to find fellowship with like-minded people, and learn more and more of the scriptures. Sorry this turned out to be so long, but I wanted to tell you how thankful I am to be here, and I hope to one day meet you all at a conference.

God bless you,
Derrick AKA "D"

DuluthGA

Re: Hello To All
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 08:57:03 PM »

A BIG HEARTY WELCOME TO YA DERRICK!

Having been reading BT for about as long as you, I'M ALSO A FELLOW RAY "RESONATOR"  Ha... and boy, it makes the SOUL FEEL GOOD!  I joined the forum in June.

I'm glad you're here by the favor of God!

Grace us with YOUSELF forthwith!  :):D:)  Speak up and let it rip!  :D;);D

Share and grow with us,
In Christian love,
Janice

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:35:37 PM »

Welcome to the forum Derrick.

It's always a delight to hear about the impact "spiritual sight" has had on the lives of those who come to BT.com.  The Lord has provided us a place to fellowship and I am glad you decided to join in.

Rene'

Redbird

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 10:41:30 PM »

Hi Derrick,

Welcome to you.  :)

Lisa

dawnnnny

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 11:41:11 PM »

Hi Derrick and WELCOME to the forum! 

I'm pretty new myself but it didn't take me long to jump right in.  I haven't read the Lazarus/Rich Man segment yet, but I think I will do that tomorrow.  There is SO much and I only started about 6 weeks ago.  Today I listened to Ray's audio on Saved By Grace (on the audio page) and it was excellent and gave me a better understanding of an ingrained belief that was hard to let go of  :)

Welcome Welcome Welcome
What took you so long?   ;)

Dawn

gmik

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 12:46:19 AM »

;D I couldn't help but read your post w/ a big smile on my face.  It was so similar to my experience. No sleep-I had tunnel vision-I wanted to read it all NOW!! Dawn, hurry up and read Lazarus.  Changed my life forever!!! :D

Welcome Derrrick "D" and hope you join right in!!!

skydreamers

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 01:08:29 AM »

dawnnnny

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 01:13:27 AM »

Ok Gena
I got a date with Laz tomorrow!

:D

iris

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 09:51:24 AM »

Hi Derrick,

Welcome to the forum!!!
Glad you're here.
Hope to hear more from you.
 :)

Peace and Love
Iris

Kat

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 11:21:29 AM »

Hi Derrick,

I am glad that you have joined us here  :)
This truly is a place that God has blessed us to have, for fellowship and discussion.  I hope you will share with us and if you have any questions I'm sure someone here can help you with an answer.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Sue Creamer

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

Hi D...
Welcome and so good to have you. 
Sue Ann

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 05:17:50 PM »

Hello D

I live in South Africa and I believe we have already met in Spirit and in Truth. It is like that with the brethren here who know the Word of God and can communicate in the Heavenly language of His Word and His Truths that bind us together in mutual Love for HIM.

I am happy you are no longer lurking!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

HopeImChosen

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »

Hello

Thank you for the wonderful welcome. I already feel as if I'm among family.

To answer your question Dawn, what took me so long was that I'm one extremely shy guy, and it just took me a little while to feel comfortable and get a grasp of the things I've learned. But I feel as though I've gotten to know so many of you just by reading several of your comments.

I'm so looking forward to growing in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior. I may be coming here to ask several questions that I've been accumulating over the past few months, and this seems to be the best place to do that.

Thank you all once again for the welcome

D

dawnnnny

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 12:28:37 AM »

Hi D

I know what you mean by shyness.  I'm surprised that I jumped right in.  But now that I'm here, I feel sorely lacking when compared to all these other wonderful people.  I find myself in awe at times reading their posts.  I did discover E-Sword and realized that I can put notes in there along with the scripture.  I love it!  I am learning, not just from BT but this forum also.  Its like BT has the meat, and here in this forum you see REAL people with real problems, real questions.   This is where that meat is applied so I absolutely love it, even if I do feel a bit like a "little sister" who hangs onto her older brother/sister, in awe of their wisdom and hoping someday to have a little of it myself.  :)

And finally, as far as "what took you so long," I was joking.  You got here right on time!  Enjoy!

Dawn  :)

LittleBear

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 10:46:16 AM »

Hi Derrick,

Welcome! I'm glad too that you are no longer just lurking and have joined in.

Ursula

javajoe

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 11:06:56 AM »

Welcome Derrick,

I am a "newbie" too, although I've known about BT for about two years now. I guess Ray's teaching on tithing was what got it all started for me, too.  It is nice to know that the Gospel really is GOOD NEWS ;D
I am not afraid to share this one!  No brag, I am just excited about it.  I have also noticed that I am looking at people a little bit differently, as "people who are being reconciled to God",  like myself instead of "the enemy", or "the lost".  The fact that my wife Mary will eventually share in the Kingdom of God puts a big smile on my Face  ;D

Ciao

Beloved

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 06:48:09 PM »

Welcome aboard  Derrick

Everyone here at BT  is on the same road, We are all learning ans sharing

Beloved

GODSown1

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 12:18:27 AM »

Hey! Welcum!! D,
                      Glad GOD has shakn abit of ur shyness 4 U 2 Post, may HE BLESS U in much abundance ma Brother, Im a shy dude ma self :) Well 2 a point :), so glad U hav shared & look 4ward 2 hearing more frm U, LOVE & Peace 2 U...
                      muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. Im frm Palmerston North, New Zealand, BlesSuP!!...

Beloved

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »

Dear Hope Im Chosen

I am so sorry that you feel you had to leave. This can be a lonely walk. There are a lot of different people that come to this site. 

For awhile everytime I posted...the thread suddenly died.  Perhap it was co-incidnetal perhaps it was not. No one ever seem to answer my posts. (Gina was kind to help me out when I mentioned it to her).  :D

You also have to be willing to be critizied and many people's feelings are hurt when their posts are challenged. We are all here to exhort each other and to learn.

Remember we are told to always to send out out our Valentines....even.... if we never get one back. 

Christ loved all...yet ALL.... forsook Him.

Beloved

LittleBear

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 02:45:14 PM »

Hi Beloved,

I didn't know you were feeling like that. Funny, because I think that about my posts. I start to think, man, I must come across as really juvenile or foolish or something because the post just dies. I really need to pay more attention to other people's posts now. Sometimes I don't comment either because I don't feel qualified, or I'm feeling down, or I'm overwhelmed, or whatever. Sometimes too, the overall feeling in the forum is negative or cold, but this passes and things tend to pick up.

So persevere, and so will I. I'm glad you said something about this. I think your posts are great, and just think of all the people out there and in here you are blessing.

I like what you said about the Valentines.

Love,

Ursula
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 02:50:27 PM by LittleBear »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.