bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello To All  (Read 8862 times)

gmik

Re: Hello To All
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 08:51:25 PM »

I guess I missed something. Don't know why he left.  Hopefully he will still be at Ray's site.

Ursula & Beloved, I still feel that way, when I see gmik all the way down the side-boy I can stop a thread! Ha.

I am glad this gets brought up every so often, so newbies and others see we are all in this together and it is not personal.

Ursula I cracked up at the "speaking to my computer", yes I remember those days.

My computer has been sick.  My son in law de fragged it  ??? and spybotted it etc etc and hopefully it is ok.  I did have some trouble posting a minute ago-it just quit and went to my desktop!  So maybe this will get posted.

dawnnnny

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 10:19:19 PM »

Hi Beloved - so glad you posted your thoughts on this.  I went through some hurt feelings last week and thought "here we go again" -- not that anyone said anything wrong, just that I posted a prayer request and after a full 24 hours, not one response.  So I got into a pity party, removed the request and thought about not coming here anymore.  This was a "feeling" I had so many times in churches, like no one knew I existed.

But then....I said to myself -- "oh Dawn, quit being a baby"  LOL   And I got over it, knowing that it WASN'T anything personal.  I think God put this situation in front of me as a test. 

I'm a little tentative on posting, although I do like to send messages of encouragement or welcomes, etc.  I know the time for getting deeper will come. 

I'm not sure what happened to Derrick/Im Am Chosen????  I thought he just joined and now he's gone, so I'm confused as well Ursula.  I loved your statement:

Remember we are told to always to send out out our Valentines....even.... if we never get one back.

That's something I have to remind myself of often.

Anyhoo, I know I'm supposed to be here and I'm thankful to those loving people who have made me feel a part of something!

Much Love,
Dawn

LittleBear

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 11:07:41 PM »

Well, this is very interesting.

There should be a section on "my feelings are hurt" or "why is everyone ignoring me?!" Because no one knows what is going on with the one that's hurt and at least we can get some support and encouragement when we need it.

Dawn, I don't know why you didn't get any responses to your prayer request. I didn't see that post. I'm really glad you didn't leave though. People like Derrick leave and the rest of us don't know why. It can be discouraging. The Valentine comment was Beloved's, but I will keep it in mind now too.

Gena, you're funny! Even you, of all people thinking you are a thread stopper! Sheesh! You are an example to us all of true perseverence.  :)

Love,

Ursula

DuluthGA

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 12:33:06 AM »

Hi Dawn,

Sorry I didn't see your post about the prayer request.  I guess what happened to you happened to Derrick also, perhaps a few times, and this is too bad; I feel bad about it.

Lately my time for forum participation is dwindling... not that I have that much time for it anyway... but I have other related activities that are blooming. When I do pop in to the forum, it's been hurriedly and scattered.

So sorry forum sister! I don't know what your request was, but I am surely praying for you in that special regard whatever it was. 

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DARNED DAY... I'm going to ask God about this. :D

I ask your prayers too! :)
Thanks,
Janice

dawnnnny

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 12:44:37 AM »

Thanks Janice and Ursula,
I sure didn't mean to make anyone feel bad.  I thought about not saying anything except the prior comments were kind of similar.  One of my big battles has always been having expectations from people and then letting the disappointment turn me into someone I don't like.  That's why the Valentine comment (thank you Beloved!!) was very special. 
By the way, my prayer request was for "peace" because TOMORROW is my first day as technically unemployed.   :o :o  LOL    But you know, someone, somewhere, was praying because I'm pretty peaceful  :D   
I'm just in prayer now for "what's next"
I will pray for you Janice for whatever you're in need of. 
You all have a blessed week ahead!!
Much Love,
Dawn

LittleBear

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »

Dawn,

It's good you said something because we can be aware of each other's needs, and sometimes we just don't know what is going on with a particular person. It makes me sad when someone leaves, and it could be because of a little tiny thing that could have been rectified.

Well, congratulations on your time off! Trust that God has the next phase all ready to go, and He has a plan for you. I'll pray that His plan comes into fruition hopefully sooner than later, and that yes, you will have total peace in His sovreignty. Where you are right now is exactly where He wants you to be, so I'm glad you are at peace, and I'll pray that you stay in that peace no matter what! 8)

I'm so glad you are here on the forum!

Love,

Ursula

Kat

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 03:50:59 PM »

I think HopeImChosen did get his feelings hurt, because he did not feel like he was getting adequate responces to his posts.  I have seen so many come here and for whatever reason they leave after a while or they could have just stopped posting.  It seems we have only a few long time members that can stick it out here.  Maybe this is part of enduring  ;)
I think getting your feelings hurt has happened to all of us that post here, in one way or another and like Dawn said I think it is a test.

I know sometimes it's hard for me to come up with what I feel is the right reply to a post, so if I don't feel right about it, then I don't respond.  I'm not like some here, that have the gift of being articulate and who can just put together really meaningful sounding posts  8)
I have tasted what it's like to stick my foot in my mouth and that doesn't taste good for sure, so I limit my responces to those I feel more confident about. 

But I do want to say I read most all the posts and I do apperciate all of your posting.  Even when I don't respond I do consider what was said and that does have an effect on me.  I think all that post here have much more effect on people than we may realize.  Our membership total remains above 300, so we have quite a few reading that never post.

Love to all of my sisters and brothers that post or not, it's all good.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

DuluthGA

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 07:02:54 PM »

Good one Kat and ditto...

and Dawn, here's a quote for you... I'm just not sure who it's from... could very well be Ray...

“We need a spirit of wisdom to trust God that He knows EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING DOWN TO THE VIBRATION OF THE LAST ELECTRON.”

While we're praying for each other, let's include being given His spirit of wisdom to realize this! :) :P ;)

ALSO FOR YOU:

Phil 4: 19   Now my God shall be filling your every need in accord with His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. [CLNT]

With joy,
Janice
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 07:49:54 PM by DuluthGA »

Grateful

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 10:31:16 PM »

Hello Derrick, Kat, et al !!

Yes, I see what you mean about wondering whether one has come across as "too much" in one's postings in BT Forums.....I too have experienced "wonderings" and much loneliness in the past.  However, that very loneliness, I discovered, was God's way of "getting me all to Himself," to teach me important bits of Wisdom throughout my days here on Earth.  So I now KNOW how important Solitude IS.  That Biblical Scripture, "Draw nigh unto Me, and I WILL draw nigh unto thee," really DOES hold a lot of Truth to it.  Loneliness IS quite painful, BUT something WONDERFUL really DOES happen out of it all, and that's why I can just simply sing and dance all over the Universe!!   ;-DDD  (Biiig Smile!  I can't get the BBC's and Smileys to come up on my computer yet, so I have to resort to primitive means of emphasizing things in these BT Forum postings.)

As one Newbie to another, WELCOME, Brother in our Father's Family!!!  Can you just hear our Father saying to you, "Come, grow old together with Me, for the BEST is yet to be!"   :->

Linda

LittleBear

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 10:53:23 PM »

Hi Linda,

I was just reading today about lonliness and solitude. Solitude can be a positive experience, as you say God has you all to Himself. It's a time to be with Him and to re-energize.
About those smilies, when you click on a smilie, it doesn't show up on your message, just a symbol shows. What you can do is press the Preview button, and it will show you exactly what your post looks like, smilie and all. I hope this helps. It took me a while to figure that one out! Oh, make sure your curser is where you want the smilie to be.  :) :) :)

Kat,

Thanks, it is a learning experience, that's for sure! I guess forums are a fairly new communication tool, and we are all learning all the intricacies of this particular form of communicating with each other.

Janice,

I like that electron quote!

Love,

Ursula

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.