bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Caregiver shares more  (Read 14763 times)

DuluthGA

Re: Caregiver shares more
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 03:02:47 AM »

Dear Sandy,

Thank you so much for your post and sharing the difficulties that I can only imagine with your dad and the effects of his stroke and your mom's legal blindness and diabetes complications.  Actually, the only reason my dad stopped swallowing a year and a half ago was from a mini-stroke.  ICK.  He's on a blood-thinner now.

I'm glad you picked up on the encouragement part of posting more of my caregiver story.  Nothing's easy, but in caregiving there are immediate rewards, and these are what keeps us going, with His loving spirit.

I'm glad you are in good and stable stead.  Great to hear from you... anytime.

I'll C YA ROUND DA FORUM Sandy,
And God bless you too dear sister...

Always rest your head on His shoulder,

GENA... Don't beat yourself up... I think there's a verse about that......  ;D

Much love,
Janice

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:35:22 AM by DuluthGA »

LittleBear

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 10:04:27 AM »

Hi Marie,

God bless you! My dad has Alzheimer's and is now refusing to bathe. I used to be able to make him, but now, no way! I'm so sorry about all the family problems you had to experience. People who are not involved in the daily and continual care of an individual really have no idea what it's like, but some people seem to be full of opinions. I can only shake my head at your dad's family, but know that God is in control of this as well as all else you went through.
Sometimes people, like your dad just choose to die. Keep your chin up, and know that your heavenly Father has chosen this trial just for you, and all will turn out wonderfully; you will get through to the other side of this.

Love,

Ursula

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »

Hi all,

Loving caregivers are a huge blessing to those who need them, but also, they (the caregivers) are blessed to be able to be used in such a honorable way.

None of us know what tomorrow will bring.  Those who are caregivers today, may need to be taken care of tomorrow.  I can't help but be reminded of this commandment from the Lord, "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them.." (Matt. 7:12).

Peace and His grace to you all,

Rene'

Shmeggly

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 01:13:26 AM »

Janice, Ursula, Marie and Sandy....wow.  I will tell you right now, the only thing that is keeping me praying and hopeful about my situation is sitting at the computer every night, and reading about what is going on in your lives.  That is not dramatic bullsh@t either....for good or bad, it's the truth.  At least for the last while or so. 

My heart gets hard (to protect myself from being hurt) and I just think about God not helping me, and things just going from bad to worse.  But every time I read stuff from you guys, it just seems to soften my heart, and I am able to call out to God.  I don't know if that makes sense. 

I am writing this to let you know....that in the midst of your battles, you are helping someone besides your families.  That's what I meant when I posted to Sandy.  You never know what kind of impact you will have on someone....or how that impact occurs. 

God, I pray for you all.  I simply can't believe what you're going through.  It is mind boggling.  But if you can hold on, and keep going....then so can I.  So thank you for being open and honest. 

Remeber to take care of yourselves....take time for yourselves if you can, and get help if you can.  I just spent the evening watching a movie with my beautiful daughters all alone, and I was able to forget things for awhile.  So take time if you can....and may God' peace come upon you....James

gmik

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 02:38:13 AM »

James that was so nicely put.  I agree.  And thank you for sharing a bit.  I am so glad you got to have some time w/ your girls.  I am still praying for you.

DuluthGA

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 03:23:34 AM »

THANKS RENE'... and you're right... it's a fine line we all tread between the living and the dead and the caregiver or the care recipient!! HO HO HO!!  Which way will HE go??  I praise and give glory to God for His fore-destined plan.

And thank you James... how cool, while reading on another thread that you were a nurse for a few years, certainly doing what I consider "community service."  It is part of the portfolio that was given to me as was yourself.  I take no glory in it, but I physically helped a tremendous amount of very sick people for ten years in ambulances and hospitals.  I'm sure you saw and attended to your own many sets of miseries as well.  You and I have truly seen the very physical aspects of God at work; He does heal, and He does take away.

What you say about situations going from bad to worse sometimes to the point of GETTING LEVELED is surely the common ground for many testimony-bearers in one way or another.  It was several years after my initial tragedy that I was given to appreciate the scriptural truths through Ray Smith.  Then it was given me to fall into my Lord's line.  And, yes you raise a great point that we may someday know our impact on future readers, if not first-hand from an email or post, but eventually in spirit by the new communication WE WILL BE GIVEN TO HAVE:)  And I believe it will be limitless.

God bless your daughters, hold them close (for they may take care of you someday :D), and thank you for your many thoughtful posts at da forum!

With thanks and joy for all,
Janice

I must say my earthly father certainly deserves the royal treatment he's getting for being given to be so wonderful to me.  Thank you Lord and Father.

Also James, in addition to keeping you in my prayers, I will fix my pix at the 'child board' manyana, thanx for the heads up.  ;)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 03:28:17 AM by DuluthGA »

LittleBear

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 10:43:26 AM »

James,

You warm my heart. :)

It is the same with me, when I have a bad day, I come to the forum and read and see what is going on with people here. It is a fellowship of suffering that helps to bear the load when life gets unreal. That, and continually emphasizing to myself and to God that He is in control and this trial is for a grand purpose.

James, lets all hold on, with our Heavenly Father we will see the other side, and be totally thankful for every step of it.

I'm also glad you had a quiet evening with your girls.

Ursula

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 11:21:41 AM »

Rom 12:5  so we, the many, one body are in Christ, and members each one of one another.

1Co 12:12  For, even as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of the one body, being many, are one body, so also is the Christ, 

1Co 12:26  and whether one member doth suffer, suffer with it do all the members, or one member is glorified, rejoice with it do all the members;

DuluthGA

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 04:18:02 PM »

GREAT VERSES Patrick, BIG THANKS!

I'm going to add them to the scriptural theme paper in Off Topics... "Please don't build another church."  I keep finding more verses to add to it all the time.

I am thankful for you forum friend!  :)
Janice

skydreamers

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 09:59:11 PM »

2 Corinthians 1:3-7 MSG
All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel!
He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.
We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort--we get a full measure of that, too.
When we suffer for Jesus, it works out for your healing and salvation. If we are treated well, given a helping hand and encouraging word, that also works to your benefit, spurring you on, face forward, unflinching. Your hard times are also our hard times.
When we see that you're just as willing to endure the hard times as to enjoy the good times, we know you're going to make it, no doubt about it.

Peace and love to you all!

Diana

DuluthGA

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 02:14:30 AM »

Beautiful verse set for us all, Diana~

Highlights I relate to:

and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was [IS WAS AND WILL BE] there for us.

AND ~

We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort--we get a full measure of that, too.

Despite all, there's a lot to be very thankful for.  I praise and thank God and all my forum friends!

1Pet 2: 17  Honor all; love the brotherhood; fear God; honor the king. [CLNT]

With my good ol' usual given joy,  :)
Janice

« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 02:16:17 AM by DuluthGA »

MarieMcNeill

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »

dear janice

i am so sorry i took so long to get back to you.  i wish to talk to you too your situation expressed to me a situation i would never have understood if i had not bbe there in part myself.  i am so sorry to read how you wetre encouraged by my response but yet i have been so long in getting back to you. Pleaseforgive me.  I will make a certain effort to check this forum daily now and try to keep in contact with my sisters and broythers inthe LORD. i am soory if i have grieved dyou by this delay, please forgive me.

marie

MarieMcNeill

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »

Dear forum members

thank youfor your encouragement and messages.  i am astonished at your love and support. thank you for the blessing of your concern and forgive me for my absence, i see i am missing outon a fount of the the LORDS living waters when i stay away.  thank you all for your encouragement.  You know i am so puzzled. At some stage in this journey i was a born again christian a pentecostal, but i connect in my head and mind with this forum in a way that reaches into the root sof my being, not by feeling or emotion but by thought and deed and desire to do.  Amazing, i am still perplexed, but my bible is more open to me now than ever before, i am not a pawn of one teacher or another, but honoured yet to still hungr for the the true leadership of my lord and captain, jesus christ.

Bless you all in the name of the LORD, our Saviour, Jesus the CHrist.

Amen

DuluthGA

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 11:40:01 PM »

HI MARIE:)  thank you for your lovely and thoughtful messages... I had no worries and thought you may have gone out of town for a few days or maybe something came up with Mum.  I know it's not always easy to have a block of free time when you can think or do for yourself, especially with a child to care for.   I'm happy happy to hear from you!  :-*

It is a blessing to hear of our Lord giving you "eyes to see and ears to hear" the truths in His Word and in our hearts!  If you have any questions, there are many knowledgeable sisters and brothers here to help as understanding them all is certainly a process over time and does not happen overnight.  I have been hungrily feeding on L. Ray Smith's material for over a year now and am still eager for more as he puts it forth.  His straightforward style of presenting God's Word has touched me deeply as well.

It's beyond fabulous to be FREE AT LAST of the doctrines and commandments of MEN.  WooHoo!!  You mentioned in your welcome post you had both a Catholic and Pentacostal background.  My 30-year-old nephew belongs to a gigantic Pentacostal church in South Carolina which seats 4300!  Of course he is blinded to tithing not 10 but 11%  Their pastor has a lear jet, several homes, and their "worship services" are extremely loud and rock-concertish.  Ick and aak!

My 61-year-old brother and wife have been doing the hour every Sunday at a Catholic church all their lives and now FINALLY hears a call to find out if he's in the right church.... but.... get this.... instead of getting an outside, objective opinion, he's attending the church seminar on this topic "Why Catholic?" which will just reinforce and support their false and pagan beliefs and traditions. 

Keep reading and stay as close as you can to us here dear woman!  I've learned even more here and it's great to feel connected.   :)

If you have a minute, you can check out the new photos of my immediate loved ones that I just posted today by clicking on Child Boards:  Who Am I?  Then click on the 'Hi All' thread.

Marie I'll send you a more personal note in a PM to you later tonight or tomorrow as time permits.  Thanks again, you have indeed encouraged me!

How I praise Lord and Father for you and your family!  I'll chat more with you soon... can't wait to find out when your wedding date will be...  :)

One day EVERY ONE of God's people will come out of Babylon!!  Hurrah!
Janice

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 03:36:30 PM by DuluthGA »

Shmeggly

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »

Diana, that verse is so relevant.  And beautiful, and very needed.  You must be Canadian! (muhahahahahahahahaha!  Yes, I know you are!)

MarieMcNeill

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 09:18:23 PM »

Hey Janice!

The fault in checking in more regularly is only mine!  all is well as usual here and i generally get to check in on the net 2 or 3 times a week.  You know i am mystified here, you know i no i'm not alone wanting to know the LORD, to know the way HE wants us to know Him!  I don't care what label is asociated if any is needed. I was baptised and raised a Catholic. Northern Irish Catholic, and when at the age of 20 I read the bible for the first time. a tiny pockect KJV it was! i asked Jesus the Christ to forgive me, i was just a sinner and worthless before God's Holiness, and i thought about how He came to take those sins away, that He was the Son of God and He was my High Priest pleadingfor me .  MY life was changed in 24 hrs, i was transformed with joy.  How good He was to even think of me. i told my mum and dad, they went mad, my mum tried to strangle me, my father beat me and ordered me to get on my knees and ask forgiveness of my mother and the virgin mother Mary. So it began, i was thrown out of home soon after that, my uncle a catholic Monsignior was called down to 'exorcise'me , childhood teachers who were nuns were also called in who instead rejoiced in my faith.  My uncle the monsignor despises me yet 17 yrs later and will not speak to me but sends solicitors letters instead.  i always loved my mum and dad and i am an only child, ther has never ben any other to help, dad and mum's relatives have never offered to help in their care, even going out for a cup of tea and a scone at a cafe, but have have had plenty of criticism. 

Janice you know i read your story and i wish i could meet you, you seem so together.

You know even knowing you are there comforts me, and my othetr brothers and sisters in Christ, i don't care who we are as long as we are doing the will of our Father in Heaven, we can't go wrong

Wisdom is justified by her children

marie

pylady

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 12:31:31 AM »

Hi Janice,

I just read your testimony again, and had to tell you how humble yet inspired it makes me feel.  Your cheerful acceptance of the cross our Lord has given you, and your patient, loving attitude, your making lemonade out of lemons given you truly sets an example for me, and others with whom you've shared your story . 

Those who have suffered the deepest; born the greatest burdens, will feel the greatest joy and appreciation when our Lord returns to put an end to sickness, pain and death.  At least that's what I feel.   Your joy will surely be great!  :D :D 

Picturing you doing cheers and dancing for your father really puts a smile on my face and a giggle in my heart? ;D :D ;D  How much your father and your Father must love you! 

For me, I have been so uplifted by your cheerful, encouraging posts.  You are always so eager to share what you have learned.  Thank you.  A  :-* and a hug to you.

Marie, welcome to the forum.  How truly terrible to take loving care of your father, and then be blamed for his death!  But our God who looks down from heaven knows the true story.  And He will reward you for your kindness to your family. 

I'm so glad you find your comfort in our Lord.  And also glad you have found your way to this forum. 

Your sister in Christ,
                                               Cindy

DuluthGA

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 03:31:24 AM »

Thank you SO MUCH Cindy and Marie... you both are too kind and so sweet.  You both are so thoughtful and I'm so appreciative!!  I AM A GOOFBALL!  Yet it is given to me to get a little bit of honor.  How I relish it! :P (I don't get too much otherwise.)

My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth.  I ask Him to strengthen you by His spirit -- not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength -- that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in.  And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love.  Reach out and experience the breadth!  Test its length!  Plumb the depths!  Rise to the heights!  Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.  Eph 3: 14-19 MSG

Much more tomorrow, sorry I have to hop for now.

Marie, I don't think you picked up my message to you earlier this week in the MY MESSAGES button and so I have emailed you a little while ago at the e-address in your profile.  I hope and pray I get through to you!  *Spiritual kiss*  More later. 

Sisters, I love both your posts.

Grow rooted and grounded in His love!   ;)  (He will see to it!)
Fondly and with joy,
Janice

skydreamers

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »

That was a beautiful scripture version in the Message Janice, thanks for sharing!

Peace and love,
Diana

GODSown1

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 02:07:27 AM »

Hey lil sis Janice,
                       its bcoz U so deserve all da Praise sis BigtimE!!, Just no "Im all GOOD ae" :),  muchLOVE!! 2 U alwayZ!! I Pray all is well wit da 'whanau' especially daddy dear & lil Mustafa, & I Pray HE is filling U wit all da strength U need daily @ da same time bringn U LOVE & PEACE withn, keep uP da Awesum!! work wit US & urS!, GODBLESS!..
                       muchLOVE!! Pera
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.