bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caregiver shares more  (Read 14935 times)

DuluthGA

Re: Caregiver shares more
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »

HEY PERA!  HI BRO!!  HAPPY HAPPY!  :D  *HUG*  :-*

Thank you so much for your well wishes, prayers and caregiver-type praise that I couldn't do without our Master.  Pera, you know that I know and I know that you know..... where would we be without Him.... and yessiree it's a day by day dependence on Him for daily sustenance both physical and spiritual.   8) ;) 

I'm glad you are good in Him, Pera and I trust your whanau (family) is too.  Hearing from you WARMS my heart in a BIG way, ho!  U IZ GOODIE & MY WHANAU BRO.  All is well here for now, thank you.  :)

He WILL keep us in His loving arms no matter what!
I LOVE C-ING U ROUND DA FORUM!  U R UPLIFTING!!  :P :D
With joy,
Janice

P.S. BONK! ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 04:04:58 PM by DuluthGA »

GODSown1

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2007, 07:41:24 PM »

:) Im Glad d@ U know d@ I know um!.. d@ we both Know lol! haha! :D
     muchLOVE!! lil sis "BoinG!!", :) :P
     muchLOVE!! Pera

skydreamers

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2007, 12:52:38 PM »

Pera and Janice...you two are so precious!!

Much luv to ya,
Diana

Grateful

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 08:16:10 PM »

DEAR Janice (AND ALL OTHERS in like situation),

I too have a GOOD idea of what it's like to have a relative with Alzheimer's .... my own dad!  My mother cared for him 24/7 (more like 25/8, if you get my meaning!!), for 8 years.....that's how long his condition lasted.  He too would secretively (he thought!  I SAW him do it.) throw away his handful of pills my mother had given him to take, to help stave off his early demise, and he became combative at times (which I did not see, as I was 800 miles away).   There was a final crisis, and my brother stepped in and did for my mother that which she simply just could not do :  have him put into an Alzheimer's facility.  He died one month later (VERY unhappy at having to stay there separated from his much-loved wife)....but, thank God, he DID die peacefully in the hospital.  He just stopped breathing.  This was in April 2006.   And at one point, about 7 years into his disease, when I was visiting with my parents, he was trying so hard to talk with me, and what came out was so incoherent that finally he said, "Oh, I don't know what I'm trying to say!"  That broke my heart!!  I believe that was the last time I ever heard him say anything intelligible.....that last spark of intelligence from him to me.....   I am just SOOOO GLAD that I AM going to get to see him again, and in a MUCH HAPPIER CIRCUMSTANCE!!!   New Jerusalem, HERE WE ALLLLL COME!!!

God BLESS all you care-givers who went down the noble, high road!!!  (It WAS and IS a TOUGH row to hoe!!!  BUT you'd better believe you're going to be BLESSED up one side and down the other real hard!!      ;->  !! )

Love,
Linda

DuluthGA

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2007, 10:44:05 PM »

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for your post!  Wow... your mom was a caregiver for 8 years... long time.  Is she still living, if so how is she getting along?  I'm glad you got some quality moments with your dad before he degenerated rapidly... it's so sad to sort of figuratively watch someone's mind melt as I and many many others have done.  How I loathe that disease!  The up side is there generally no physical suffering for them.

I mentioned in your welcome thread that my husband got combative then violent, and that was a tough tough situation that caused me much much stress at the time that I can't even describe.  He too died peacefully in his sleep in a facility of a sudden bout of heart failure.  I attended to him by practically living with him as his 'private nurse' in the nursing home.  On the night he suddenly died, the nurse was so kind to call me at home at 2: 30 a.m. to tell me "I believe your husband is peacefully taking his very last breaths!"  I gasped and found myself saying "that's beautiful", then I both cried and laughed at the same time, IT WAS WEIRD to feel two emotions at one time... so sad to have him go... so relieve all the horror was completely all over with.  Sniff.  I am happy to remember I sat on his lap earlier that day and we hugged a lot as we usually did. :)  That was 8 years ago.

Yes, Linda...  HAT'S OFF TO CAREGIVERS EVERYWHERE!

I met a new friend recently that lives ten minutes away, another widow about my age, ... she has been caring for her mother who is essentially healthy with Alz for 14 years!!!  It is great that she is able to work a M-F, 9-5 job while sitters attend to her mother.  Her mom is no longer responsive and is simply in a fetal position and on a special mattress for pressure sores.  How my heart goes to them both!

"He won that we might win.  He died that we might die, yet live with Him." -- From a pamphlet on Living Together With Christ.

Thank you Lord Jesus!
Janice

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 03:06:56 AM by DuluthGA »

DuluthGA

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »

As a final note...

I just would like to pass this along from the President and co-founder of the National Family Caregivers Association:

Caregiving isn’t just my reality. Someday it will be yours – either as a caregiver or a care recipient. We are all in this together.

Also, I have found two interactive forums specifically for caregivers.... one is directly related to those of Alzheimer's patients at:  http://alzheimers.ning.com/  The other is for caregivers in general at AARP's site:  http://community.aarp.org/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=rp-fhl&nav=messages&msg=7344.1

:)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 03:09:57 AM by DuluthGA »

gmik

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »

Great.  Thanks for the links Janice.

My mom has been in a nursing home for a month or so now and is settling in I guess.  But her medicaid was denied (she is 80) and her husband has to buy a new car, furniture,etc. to get rid of some money-can't give it to us!! He had to pay in full the Sept. "rent".

Trust me, I never would have thought they had too much money. They live in one of those -not quite trailor but not quite house-type homes.  They had 1 vehicle and never took vacations. So not only dealing w/ realities of loved one but the nonsense w/ the government!!

We went on the Alzheimer walk yesterday.  My town raised over 25,000$.  Maybe soon, the Lord will allow us to cure this horrible disease.

I just needed to vent a little.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2007, 12:59:34 PM »

G

Sorry to hear about your Mom and what you are seeing about all the nonsense w/ the government!

The world system is Antichrist I believe.

Prayers for your strength and peace through the challenges you are facing.

Arcturus :)

LittleBear

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2007, 09:12:58 PM »

Thanks for the links Janice; I will check them out.

Gena, that sounds insane, having to buy a car etc to qualify for medicaid. It's a crazy world.

DuluthGA

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2007, 08:41:03 PM »

I HEAR YA GENA...  and I feel for all your family involved with that lousey situation, but that is the way it goes...

Been there and done it and don't even wanna look back.  So sorry... but the good news is this, your mum will most likely live quite some years longer and this, over time, would be depleting by very large chunks their [proposed savings plus savings by liquidating the house] otherwise.  Best to go with the flow for the longterm benefit.  I don't know what the going rate is in your area, but here nursing homes here are averaged at ~6.4k/mo.  No joke.  Chunk o' change.

The other good thing is they [the Feds] allow her husband to keep the house. :)

I pray you a conquering spirit!  Do not despair! :)
With love,
Janice
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:52:08 PM by DuluthGA »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.