bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matching spiritual with spiritual  (Read 4905 times)

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Matching spiritual with spiritual
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:32:25 PM »

The following thoughts came into my head out of the clear-blue sky.   First, I remembered that Jesus saved the best wine for last (John 2 This whole story is just a treasure chest of great truths.).  I then began thinking about the natural being first and then the spiritual (I Cor 15:46).  Putting these two thoughts together generated great hope at the future of the world and of my life and I got chills on my drive to work this morning.  Here's what I took from this.  Thinking of the physical first and then the spiritual second is only part of the picture.  The spiritual is also better than the physical it's not just afterwards.  Earlier in my drive to work I had seen the sun shining and birds chirping in the morning when I remembered that in the Scriptures in Genesis the days were actually evening-mornings.  As you may know, it is Jewish custom to consider the night the first part of a day because this is how Genesis described the days.  I saw another parallel (parable) here.  The evening/night is dark and void and worse than the better morning with the sun shining and the birds chirping and flying about.

Rev 22:5 "There shall be no night there ..."

The message I get from all this is the age to come and immortality will be like night and day compared to our present struggle.  Pun intended!

Josh
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 12:40:34 PM by aktikt »
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Matching spiritual with spiritual
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 12:55:11 PM »

First, I remembered that Jesus saved the best wine for last

I needed to chime in here.  Jesus did not save the best wine for last.  He turned the water into wine, it was so good the host was asked why he (the host) saved the best for last (the custom was to serve/drink the best first, then when everyone was too drunk to know the difference the worst was put out)  Jesus' wine was probably the best anyone will ever drink.

So, it wasn't that Jesus saved the best for last, he just created the wine after it all ran out, and of course it was the best. :)

Craig

aktikt

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »

Of course, you're right Craig.  Only from the host and the party participants's perspective did He save the best wine for last, the servants knew the truth that Jesus had changed the water to wine.  The master of the feast also wrongfully credits the bridegroom with doing this not knowing it was Jesus.  Here are the verses:

1 On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2 Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. 3 And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.”
4 Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.”
6 Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. 7 Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He said to them, “Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it. 9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10 And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!”

(NKJV)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 03:38:09 PM by aktikt »
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

jacieleigh

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 01:47:06 PM »

I wonder what it tasted like? I know it was the best wine ever made! Oh to have a taste!

ciy

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »

This is a fantastic parable.  I do not see it all, but I do see that it is on the 3rd day.  It is at a wedding feast.  Jesus the first fruit and his chosen disciples are there.  It is in Canaan which is in the world.  They run out of wine which is the spirit.  There are 6 water pots which are being purified by the way of the physical jews and 6 being the number of man or flesh.  Jesus takes the water which is the word and pours it up to almost overflowing into earthen vessels.  Then when he gives that to the servants he has changed the water (dead letter) into wine (word is spirit) and then the servants (priests) who know where it came from take it to the master of the feast.  Man's ways and the ways of flesh will go from good to bad, but God's ways all work to the good.  First covenant, Second covenant.

Amazing what all can be seen, but I know there is much more than meets the eye.
CIY

dawnnnny

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »

Hey Josh
That's pretty cool   :D
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

ciy

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 04:09:39 PM »

In the parables, Jesus is the bridegroom.
CIY

gmik

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 03:21:41 AM »

Jacie, can you imagine the banquet feast set for the bride and groom- Jesus and his faithful bride?  What a great day!  Even tho all is spiritual I hope we can taste! :D

jacieleigh

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 11:45:24 AM »

I hope so as well. Maybe , with God's grace and sense of humor He will allow us that so human pleasure of taste!

LittleBear

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »

That's really interesting CIY,

I never saw these things before regarding Jesus turning the water into wine. Even His actions are parables for us to learn from. First you see the physical, then you see the spiritual.

Ursula

dawnnnny

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 02:17:26 PM »

....and I had the thought about everything you hear on how good wine is for the heart....  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.