bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul and Baptism  (Read 15408 times)

love_magnified

Paul and Baptism
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 06:47:16 PM »

Quote from: Lightseeker
Love Magnified,

Thanks for the computer info.  I read part of your web post article concerning the law of Christ...it's not a quick read.  Long articles like that 'cause as many questions' as they 'give answers to' for me.  Questions like, What about the 'law of liberty', 'law of the Spirit', '  :?:   I've dialogued with some 'smart'  :wink:  theological boys who tell me that questions like that are just a 'heaping of terms' and they all mean the same thing.  I have to tell them that I'm from feedlot country and I understand 'heaping' real well.  Their heaping and my heaping have a lot in common.  :P  As far as I can find, your one verse concerning the law of Christ, and fulfilling it, has nothing to do with anything but serving others.

That's exactly what the Law of Christ is. It is his new commandment: Believe in him who the Father sent, and love eachother as he has loved us. All the heaping of terms boil down to that.  Let me know when you have read the entire paper and give thoughts. God bless you.

SOTW

Paul and Baptism
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 08:16:01 PM »

Do you use bread/wine crackers/grapejuice in communion? Just curious cause I haven't been here long enough to see any positions on that ceremony yet.

If you understand the purpose of a tradition, it is not to replace the Truth. Tithing is a tradition, but one does not need to tithe any longer because it was created to sustain the priesthood (who could not work according to the Law). Paul most definitely broke that tradition by remaining a tentmaker and refusing (to the point people had to force give him in Philippians) any offering. Tradition is helpful if it applies to the truth, once the tradition replaces the truth, the tradition is nolonger fruitful. Whether it is water used for baptism (which was John's Baptism [no proof Jesus baptized any]) and communion (which was rememberance of him every time we eat and drink).

Lightseeker

Paul and Baptism
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 11:56:08 PM »

SOTW,

Tradition is helpful if it applies to the truth, once the tradition replaces the truth, the tradition is nolonger fruitful.

I couldn't agree more SOTW.  The purpose of a tradition is to remember the reality.

2TH 2:15  Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

This forum has been good, and given me more to allow the "annointing within" to truly teach that which I must know.

orion77

Paul and Baptism
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006, 01:03:59 AM »

We no longer see Jesus after the flesh, and also no longer are we to see anyone after the flesh, so what is the big deal of a physical water baptism?  When the One who came after John was to baptize us with fire and the Holy Ghost?  Seems like the baptism in the water is a type or shadow of the Holy Spirit.  Just like the many types or shadows of the Old Covenant.  

There is nothing we think, say, or do that will save us except the grace of God.  Well, there is a lot more to it than that, but you know what I mean.  

I can only speak for myself, but the baptism of water was purely symbolic and felt only ritualistic, and the truth is only Jesus can save.  Nothing I can do or wish to do, will cut it.  But, I see nothing wrong with being baptized.  

John came preaching the kingdom of God, shouting repentence and baptism, but Jesus said whosoever is least in the kingdom of God is greater than John.  And where was John's baptism, from men or God?  For me, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, before being baptized in water.  For many, that is an enigma, but not for me.  We are not in the flesh, but the spirit, the flesh has died, but the spirit lives.  Jesus was crucified and died, but He rose and is no longer dead, but alive, so why should we quivel over fleshly rituals.  When the truth is, if you do not have His spirit in you, you are none of His.  

Johns death was very symbolic, too.  He was beheaded, and so must the elect (the 144,000).  Speaking of the death of the beast (self).  We must die and let God be the great I am.  For this ole self must follow Jesus and be crucified, die and rise to the life that is in Him, so He can be all in all.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.