bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st Sextuplets Born in Florida  (Read 7760 times)

hillsbororiver

1st Sextuplets Born in Florida
« on: September 02, 2007, 11:23:19 AM »

Last June I went on an appointment with one of my Technicians to a customer's house, they were a relatively young couple who had some concerns regarding some (minor) settling cracks on their new house.

When we arrived a rather shell shocked looking man answered the door and asked, "why are you here?" At first I thought he was stoned or drunk or high on something as he seemed to be really detached from his immediate environment, I reminded him that we were there for an appointment he himself had requested. "Uh, yeah, ahemm, er, well, I just got off the phone with my wife, she is at the doctor's office, she's pregnant you know," I asked him if everything was OK and he replied, "I guess so, we are having sextuplets, she just told me, we were expecting twins but now this, I don't know what to say, do or think right now." I couldn't blame him.

All 6 were born last night (Saturday) and are presently doing well;

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB4B12036F.html

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070902/APN/709020606

I can't imagine being the parent of one child yesterday and the parent of 7 today!  :o

Joe

Kat

Re: 1st Sextuplets Born in Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 12:47:32 AM »

Wow that's a lot of babies!!!!!!

mercy, peace and love
Kathy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:55:35 AM »

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 10:53:35 AM »

I can't imagine being the parent of one child yesterday and the parent of 7 today!  :o

I can only imagine being a parent! :D

iris

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 12:03:19 PM »

7 would be a house full.  ;D
They will have to have a lot of help with six new babies.  :)

Peace and Love
Iris

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »

Hi Iris & Patrick,

Yes, it will be a challenge to say the least, that was what had Ben so shellshocked when we met him for our appointment, the realization that his whole life had been turned upside down, the family will be receiving help and some additional income due to their contract with Inside Edition.

We had told him that they would be garnering plenty of attention and folks wanting to jump on their bandwagon with baby supplies, etc. I remembered all the publicity and generousity from a story on another set of sextuplets a few years back, I don't know if Ben heard a word of it.
  :D

This is from CNN.com;

The expecting parents were showered last week with clothing, diapers, baby wipes and gift cards. They also received a year's supply of ready-made meals and baby formula, six months of in-home wellness care and a $7,000 generator for backup electric power in this hurricane-prone state.

http://us.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/09/02/sextuplets.ap/index.html

Peace,

Joe

javajoe

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »

7 would be a house full.  ;D
They will have to have a lot of help with six new babies.  :)

Peace and Love
Iris

This reminds me of my parents situation until recently, the last five years.  Through various circumstances, they were compelled to raise my brother's seven kids (NOT well behaved).  Finally, my brother was able to buy a house and move out.  They went through a lot of turmoil over those five years, but were able to get through it by the Grace of God, and all of our prayers were answered in a marvelous way.  "this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our sight".  God seems to always give us the grace to get through hopeless situations.

ciao,
Joe

gmik

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 05:02:30 PM »

With 2 month old grandsons, I cannot imagine, even in my wildest nightmare, handling 6! :D

skydreamers

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 02:26:37 AM »

WOW!

ez2u

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 02:14:17 AM »

well I raised 6 children not all at once  :o :o :o  the wash  the diapers   the clean up  its going to be very demanding.  WE NEED TO PRAY FOR THEM   ;D    for a long time  peggy  that tampa water  why don't they fix it :D

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 01:48:53 PM »

Hello everyone...

Joe, that gave me chills as I read about you being right  there in that 'soon to be father of 6 children's' life at exactly the PRECISE SECOND IN TIME (when that poor dad needed some major reassurance, and whom better to give it than you, a man of God!  That timing of God was impeccable.  Very cool story. 8) 8)

Gena, this was the first time that I saw your grandbabys' pix...they're are adorable!!!!!! 8) :D :D

And to Kat and Diana, those baby pix are too funny, I love them! ;D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 10:07:54 PM »

Thanks Susan,

I also felt it to be a pretty awesome experience, he did seem to light up a bit when we mentioned how TV and the rest of the media would be playing this up big time along with sure to be offers of assistance.

All the babies are now out of critical condition and are doing good! They are on Inside Edition tonight, oops look at the time, on the east coast I think the show is already over. Oh well, I will get to see them in person in a month or two........

http://www.insideedition.com/ourstories/inside_stories/story.aspx?storyid=929

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 05:01:20 PM »

Joe
She had the babies on Labor Day (...that gives a whole new definition to 'LABOR' DAY... ;)) I found the mother to be VERY OPTOMISTIC as well as very PRO LIFE ...and to think that a DOCTOR would play as though he were GOD  (to suggest that she 'DOWNSIZE' the amount of babies that she was carrying...well, if he were a PEDIATRICIAN and said that...double shame on him!)  What a precious bunch of miracles!

I have a great idea for ya Joe...lol, maybe you and your wife could go and babysit these kiddos on one night a month and give them a parents night out....... ;D ;D ;D ??? :o ;D ::) :'( :o ??? ;D)...just a thought ;)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 12:45:56 PM »

Hi Susan,

That is a great idea about giving the parents a night out, the only way my wife and I could handle it is if we had another couple helping us out, when did you say you and your family were coming to Florida?

Let me know and we can get the planning started!  ;D  :o

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe 

hillsbororiver

hebrewroots98

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 07:14:40 PM »

Hi "UNCLE JOE" (LOL),

Aw, c'mon, you can handle 6 kiddos!!!  (Ha, my side, my side; you are too funny!) 

Since we can't afford the trip till the money comes in from the settlement (which we have learned that it wont be in till this next summer.. )then it looks like you will be on your own till then...s0, you'll have to let us know what to expect when you go and volunteer to give them a break... :D :: :o(by the time we get there, then they will be out of diapers ;) ;) :-[ :-[ :D ;D ;D)

(Seriously), thanks for the info.  Maybe they will update the pix of all of them soon. :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.