bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting look at "Holy Spirit" and "Trinit  (Read 5974 times)

Joey Porter

Interesting look at "Holy Spirit" and "Trinit
« on: April 23, 2006, 04:12:47 AM »

I don't know who this person is and I'm not sure whether or not he believes in eternal torment, but this paper offers some interesting observations on the NT and the "Holy Spirt".

(Joey please read the following. thank you!! Bobby)

Dennis Vogel
Administrator

Please read this before posting.
« on: March 15, 2006, 07:48:02 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

THIS FORUM IS NOT TO BE USED TO DEBATE RELIGIOUS TOPICS

Please do not make sport of persons who email Ray. Leave any criticism of the individual to Ray.

No preaching (including preaching via links). No name-calling.

This forum is moderated, if you feel you cannot accept the bounds of a limited forum then don’t join.  The moderators do not have the time to explain every decision to you on why a post was deleted, so don’t expect it. 

The moderators will generally try to remove posts before banning a member, don’t take it personally.  If you see your posts being removed then perhaps you should review what you are writing to make sure is goes along with the forum rules.  If you are asked to let a subject drop, or a particular subject is off limits then please abide by what the moderators ask.  Don’t necessarily expect a reason for the request, many things go on behind the scenes of the forum and the moderators are doing what they feel is best.

If you have a problem with a moderator, the way the forum is managed, or another user of the forum then address this through private mails.  Publicly airing your grievances will be grounds for banishment. 

Learn to use the private mail function.  If you don't know how then ask.

Thank you for your cooperation.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:21:59 AM by bobbys43 »

Mickyd

Re: Interesting look at "Holy Spirit" and "Tr
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 07:45:47 AM »

That's a pretty good article....I believe much the same way. The Holy Spirit is the power of God and Christ.

Quote from: Joey Porter
I'm not sure whether or not he believes in eternal torment,

They don't seem to believe in eternal torment, but rather take a JW approach to the subject.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:17:21 AM by bobbys43 »

Joey Porter

Interesting look at "Holy Spirit" and "Trinit
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 05:59:01 PM »

Thanks for that link.  I didn't see any links to anything else on that previoius page.  Hopefully they will soon come to see that Truth that all will be made alive in Christ.

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 07:12:48 PM »

Quote from: Mickyd
That's a pretty good article....I believe much the same way. The Holy Spirit is the power of God and Christ.

They don't seem to believe in eternal torment, but rather take a JW approach to the subject.

I disagree. The Holy Spirit is not the power of God and Christ but Christ and the Father's Spirit. Jesus is called the Comforter, for example, which is the Holy Spirit. Understand?

I'll take a look at the article now.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:17:54 AM by bobbys43 »

Mickyd

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 09:25:08 PM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
Quote from: Mickyd

I disagree. The Holy Spirit is not the power of God and Christ but Christ and the Father's Spirit. Jesus is called the Comforter, for example, which is the Holy Spirit. Understand?

I'll take a look at the article now.

Hmmm....I thought that that was what I had pretty much said. Maybe I just worded it wrong.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:18:50 AM by bobbys43 »

gene

Re: Interesting look at "Holy Spirit" and "Trinit
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 11:47:54 PM »

THERE IS NO TRINITY  THERE IS NO TRINITY  THIS WAS SOMETHING THAT WAS MADE UP BY MAN.,AND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHES IT AS A DOCTRINE OF FAITH TO THEIR FOLLOWERS THEY HAVE A PRAYER THAT THEY TEACH TO THEIR FOLLOWERS THAT SAYS THAT IS ONE OF THEIR BELIEFS. THEY FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE HOLY SRIRIT IS THE THIRD PERSON OF THIS SO CALLED TRINITY ,FATHER, SON, AND HOLY GHOST.BUT I AM WITH THOSE THAT REALLY KNOW THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD'S SPIRIT THAT GIVES YOU SPIRITUAL  KNOWLEDGE OF THOSE THINGS THAT ARE SPIRITUAL. BECAUSE WITHOUT THAT SPIRIT YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE THINGS THAT ARE SPIRITUAL.AND AS STATEDF BY SOMEONE BEFORE ABOUT THE SPIRIT THE KEEPS YOU ALIVE IS THE SPIRIT THAT EVERYONE HAS FROM GOD FOR JUST THAT PURPOSE TO KEEP YOU ALIVE.AS FOR ETERNAL TORMENT,A LOVING GOD WILL NOT PUNISH YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY, BEING FROM THE PRESSNCE OF GOD IS PUNISHMENT ENOUGH.

Laren

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 01:44:18 AM »

THERE IS NO TRINITY  THERE IS NO TRINITY  THIS WAS SOMETHING THAT WAS MADE UP BY MAN.,AND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHES IT AS A DOCTRINE OF FAITH TO THEIR FOLLOWERS THEY HAVE A PRAYER THAT THEY TEACH TO THEIR FOLLOWERS THAT SAYS THAT IS ONE OF THEIR BELIEFS. THEY FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE HOLY SRIRIT IS THE THIRD PERSON OF THIS SO CALLED TRINITY ,FATHER, SON, AND HOLY GHOST.BUT I AM WITH THOSE THAT REALLY KNOW THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD'S SPIRIT THAT GIVES YOU SPIRITUAL  KNOWLEDGE OF THOSE THINGS THAT ARE SPIRITUAL. BECAUSE WITHOUT THAT SPIRIT YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE THINGS THAT ARE SPIRITUAL.AND AS STATEDF BY SOMEONE BEFORE ABOUT THE SPIRIT THE KEEPS YOU ALIVE IS THE SPIRIT THAT EVERYONE HAS FROM GOD FOR JUST THAT PURPOSE TO KEEP YOU ALIVE.AS FOR ETERNAL TORMENT,A LOVING GOD WILL NOT PUNISH YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY, BEING FROM THE PRESSNCE OF GOD IS PUNISHMENT ENOUGH.

Hi Gene, would you mind not posting in all caps, it is very hard to read.  I would appreciate it.  thanks.

TimothyVI

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 11:07:33 AM »

Laren greetings my friend and please try to understand that maybe Gene may have a sever sight problem. let us be patient.

I do believe Ray explains this quite well. Here is the link to the article on the trinity and the Holy Spirit.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

love to you all,

bobby

My brother had a series of severe strokes which left him with poor vision and the use of only one hand.
He still likes to communicate on the web but he can not use the shift key and type a letter at the same time.
Consequently he has to use all caps or all lower case.

I don't know if Gene has any dissabilities or not. Maybe he is just learning to use the computer, but I am in no hurry.
I will slow down and take the time to read his posts even if reading all caps is more difficult.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.