bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proclaimations of Love  (Read 10994 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Proclaimations of Love
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »

Joe,

I do see your point.  We can only hope that more people will come to truth.

Amen to that!

Luk 15:10  Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

His Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 12:53:19 PM »

Craig & Darren,

It is incredible how your posts were worded so differently yet the message was the same, our flesh constantly trips us up spiritually and unless we are always on guard wearing His armor we will and do fail. The Lord is always there to pick us back up but it is not always pleasant and sweet, His love for us is perfect (unlike us presently) even though it can be shown and displayed through chastisement, not always hugs, kisses and pats on the back.

Heb 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ******** and not sons.

Heb 12:9  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Heb 12:10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Heb 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Thank you for your responses, His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »

Some people want to make a whole doctrine out of love.  No doubt love is an important element in the message of scripture, but it is one of many, and when we try to hang our hat only on this hook it will eventually give way.  We can piously state we love everyone, and quote scripture to justify our thoughts but in our human existence I don't believe it is entirely possible (in our flesh), some will fair better than others, but only our Father and Christ can give us the total love for each other, and one day They will.

Joe, I don't know whether the person you talk about feigns love or uses it as an idol of the heart but proper temperament and discernment is as important here as with anything, and without those things, their house will eventually fall like a house of cards.  And when that happens they will be left with the choice of looking inward to their own failings or outward to the failings of those around them.  Unfortunately, the beast within always looks out.  My prayer for us all is to look within.

Blessings!
Craig

Hi again Craig,

Yes you nailed it! It is always easier, in fact that is our natural inclination to look outward for excuses, troubles, imperfection, etc. it is much more difficult (and it is the spiritual thing to do) looking within to see where there are wrongs and imperfection.

There is a sentiment that since "to love" is the greatest commandment given that is what we should be doing, but if we are doing it on our own and not through His Spirit, what does it count for? If we are not spiritually mature enough to do the "least" of the commandments how are we to accomplish the "greatest?" Through our flesh? Through our "free will?" Not a chance.

I asked this earlier in the thread, even though we are sometimes lacking in faith, not always virtuous, impatient, etc. is it possible to have this perfect love? Is it possible we can keep the greatest command yet consistantly fail in the others?

We will grow in this as we mature in every aspect of His will for us, it will be perfected when we are resurrected in spirit, incorruptable!

His Peace to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 03:32:57 PM »

Quote from Joe
I start to feel comfortable maybe even satisfied that a stumble or fall is right around the corner.

After a good few times of the above experience, I have started to realize that when trials strike, remember the blessing time, and when blessings are happening, remember the trials. This is perhaps His way of getting us to be content in all situations!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:34:14 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.