bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build it and they will come....  (Read 5124 times)

skydreamers

Build it and they will come....
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:31:05 PM »

This is the actual  turnoff from Banff to the number one highway to Calgary (where I live...Banff is about an hour away) . Great picture, isn't it? They had to build the animals (especially the elk) their own crossing because that was where the natural crossing was, and after the highway was built, there were far too many accidents.  I understand it didn't take the animals long  to learn that this was their road.

So cool.

Peace,
Diana

dawnnnny

Re: Build it and they will come....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 04:21:27 PM »

That is so cool Diana!  It looks like they're just standing there waiting to wave at the passersby.   ;D ;D

Reminds me of watching a special on the pipeline in Alaska and how they had to adapt it to the migration of different animals - but I think they would put sections of it up "high" so that the animals could stay on the ground. 

Thanks for sharing  :)

gmik

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 11:39:52 PM »

Just saw this pic.

Wow!!!  That is so cool!  You are blessed sweetie to live in such a gorgeous area!!!

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 01:29:25 AM »

Beautiful area but Brrrr looks very cold!
Some like it hot some like it cold.
You can tell I like hot.
It is beautiful though! :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 09:00:03 AM »

That is so unique! Where else in the world could you expect to see such a thing? It is almost unbelievable!

I agree with G. You live in breathtakingly beautiful scenery Diana. My brother in law also lives in Canada and loves it.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

iris

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 10:46:58 AM »

How novel!!! That is so cool! It makes you want to reach out and pet all the animals. Like you really could...  ;D
Thanks for sharing.

Peace and Love
Iris

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »

Hi Diana,

I had the opportunity to visit your area a couple years back when I attended a Corporate event/meeting/seminar in Calgary (home office of my employer). We build houses in many parts of Alberta and even in British Columbia, my favorite development was in Canmore where we built luxury Chalet's by Three Sisters Creek, with an awesome view of the mountains.

We had a couple days to explore and I was blown away by Banff National Park, Lake Louise and the Banff Inn (Fairmont Hotel) what a beautiful place!

It was amusing to see elk on the golf course there as the golfers and the elk seem to have a grudging acceptance of each other's presence and manage to work their way around each other.

Thanks for bringing back some great memories!

Joe

GODSown1

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 01:35:57 AM »

:) KraZy!!! :)
                 But! joyous!! :) BlesSnz!!..
                 muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. me like warm & kewl, Big! difference 2 Hot & Cold lol! PeacE!!!!

ez2u

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 03:03:35 AM »

this is so unique.  I can wait to show my children.  Animal are a lot smarter than I gave them credit and how great the highway did this to prevent them form being in harms way.  It gives me hope that we are progressing to a saner world.  Peggy

skydreamers

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 03:55:03 AM »

Hi Guys, thanks for all your great comments.  Yes, I truly love where I live...Canada is so great, vast and beautiful....time to pull out the ole flag:

Before I had kids I use to travel a lot and there are many unique beautiful places in the world, but there ain't no place like home! ;D

Peace to all,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.