bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My wife wants to find a church  (Read 8453 times)

DuluthGA

Re: My wife wants to find a church
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 04:09:28 PM »

Thank you Elder Arcturus!   :)

This is in effect what she is already doing, praise God.  I will print this out and present it to her when we meet again!

In thanksgiving for His divine plan, no matter what,
Janice

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 04:11:03 PM »

Peace to you and your friend Janice as you follow Christ.

:)

Amen

Shmeggly

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »

Hey Mike:

While I am with you in that I never want to set foot in a church, I urge you to be cautious in regard to your wife.  I am positive that it isn't "church" she is missing, but the fellowship.  To all of a sudden be missing that aspect of your life is huge.  And the fact that no one has called or anything has got to be hurtful. 

I said before I think women take this harder than men, although I could be wrong.  Personally, even though I absolutely hate the idea of church, I would go if my wife wanted to.  (we're seperated)  And I would pray in the meantime that God would open her eyes, and hopefully continue to talk to her about hell etc.

I would pass the offering plate right on by, and not bat an eye; let them glare all they want, because you are in the right. 
 I would be open with hell/tithing if people ask, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it so much.  If it makes your wife feel bad by talking about it, I would hold back on it.  God will open the doors for people to hear when they are ready. 
This is just my 2 cents worth, but I do know how hard this can be on a wife.  James

oneofthefew

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 02:34:48 AM »

Hi Mike,

I'm fairly new in this forum and have posted just a few but I want to say, it really could be quite difficult to follow God and please our loved ones all at the same time.  But I know that God has already shown you what is truly important. Besides, if we follow Him (no matter how hard it is), everything follows too and all could go so well eventually.  I think you're wife can also be so interested as you are in pursuing the truths you have now, so It could probably help if you take the time to explain to her what a "church" really is according to God's Words. It is not a 4-walled institution, rather, a "calling out" of people. Personally, I do not totally shrug of the need to attend a "church" only IF it teaches God's truths (not the heresies and all). But as we are all now aware of, it is a needle in a hay stack to find such a church. But if there is any way you can help your wife to experience that sense of belongingness, the fellowship, the hearing of God's Words, the interaction among other believers as you are (like the ones in this forum), then isn't that what going to church is all about? A group of people who believe in God's truths, encouraging, building each other up and sharing His love to others.

I am thankful that I did not have to worry about this matter with my wife but sadly, with my other family members who keep insisting we should not stop attending our church.  I could not change my decision. It must really be a challenge for you.

God bless you in your desire to obey Him.

oneofthefew
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.