bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for Bethany - or just me  (Read 6137 times)

SandyFla

Please pray for Bethany - or just me
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:42:58 PM »

The last time I started a thread about praying for pets, I got cruelly bashed by a girl who is no longer here, but I'm gonna stick my neck out again. It seems that this forum has more loving people now than in the past.

My kitty Bethany has a growth on her lip that comes and goes. Last week she had a biopsy, and this morning the vet called to say she has, in his words, "a very bad form of cancer" - squamous cell carcinoma. She has an appointment with a veterinary oncologist on Monday. I have changed my avatar to her picture in her honor.

Those of you who have children may say, "It's just a cat," but I have no children. My cats ARE my babies - the only ones God chose to bless me with.

If you feel stupid praying for a cat, then please just pray for me.

Sandy

hillsbororiver

Re: Please pray for Bethany - or just me
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »

If you feel stupid praying for a cat, then please just pray for me.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I will do both!  :D

We have a plethora of cats right now, it is kind of strange how it all started. Back in May of '02 we had a skinny, big eared, tiny kitten wander over as we were sitting on the back lanai, this was at our previous house with woods next to us and water (a lake) in the backyard (now we have a river in the back) anyway, this cat looked undernourished and sickly. We never were "cat people" but this kitten was so pitiful we got a saucer of milk and set in near the part of the woods she emerged from, of course she took off as soon as I got anywhere near her.

To make a long story short we began feeding her every day, I don't think "Dotty" (named for the little gray dots on her belly) was more than 4 weeks old, she started being less frightened of us after about a week, I told my wife we can keep her but strictly as an outdoor cat.

She became quite the loyal kitten following me around the yard, jumping on my lap when I least expected it and would always be near the house as I arrived from work, she became my furry little friend. Dotty had a litter of her own about 8 months later we could only find homes for 2 of the 4 kittens so we kept the other 2, they were immediately indoor prima donna cats, Dotty eventually became an indoor cat as well so we now have 3 inside.

And 8 outside!

This time we had 2 kittens emerge from the woods next door, we began to feed them and they rewarded us by having litters of their own within a month of each other, they had 3 each, we have since had the 2 older ones fixed, the younger ones will be as soon as they are of age. We love them all, each one a unique creation. I can't believe I am now among the cat lover crowd but they really are great pets and friends.

A big hello to you and Bethany from Dotty, Angel, Tommy, Pete (female), Midnite, Ringo, Gringo, Scruffy (Pete the younger), Ugmo, Suzy & Sluggo!

Pro 12:10  A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

You both are in my prayers,

Joe

SandyFla

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 05:52:04 PM »

Thanks, Joe.

Kitties sure do have a way of getting into your heart. I remember when I got Bethany. I had Twinkles, and when I brought Bethy home, I took her to my parents' place. My dad said, "What did you do, get another CAT?" He never liked them. But she soon won him over! :)

Sandy

skydreamers

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 06:16:20 PM »

Wow Joe, that is quite the story!  Say....why is it we haven't seen any pics yet of you and your family and ALL your pack of kitties!  That would be cool to see...( ;) ;))

Sandy, you and your little "baby" will also be in my prayers.  I use to have three cats but sadly two died and one ran away.... :'( :'(  I miss them, but I was pregnant and raising babies at the time so it was not feasible to adopt more.  We lost all three of them in a short span of time, and I couldn't imagine then trying to "replace" them.  Plus we have two dogs so I figured maybe we'll wait 'til the kids get older before we possibly add cats to the mix again.

Pets are such a precious gift and I know how hard it is to lose them...I pray Bethany makes it through!

Peace and love,
Diana

DuluthGA

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 07:52:53 PM »

Sandy I will pray for you and Bethany and Twinkles.  Bethany is beautiful!

The only two "daughters" I ever had were twin Siamese mixes, Darla and Dolly; they lasted 17 years and both died peacefully of kidney failure at about the same time.  My late husband used to call them "sophisticated possums."   :D  They were "my girls."

And now I have 14-year old Mustafa, another Siamese mix, my only "son."  He found me as a kitten outside a pizza place, had been wild, and just walked right up to me like he knew what he was doing.  I have been thanking God for him ever since, what a great cat.

I know what Ray means when he says he sees God in cats' eyes.   ;):)

Let us know how it goes with Bethany.

Janice
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 07:56:09 PM by DuluthGA »

iris

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 09:16:52 PM »

Sandy, you and Bethany will be in my prayers.

Peace and Love
Iris

D Student

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 09:38:54 PM »

Hang in there Sandy, Prayers are in motion... ;D You and Bethany <---

Our FATHER puts Pets/Animals in our lives for very special reasons and it's crazy that many CHRISTIANS
don't think so.

Pro 12:10  A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
Thanks Joe, I've never seen or heard of that one.

My next door neighbor took a Kitty from a man that was throwing her around like a toy. So he brought her
to my family, that like many who say " we're not cat people " but became real close to Her. I was an Alf
fan so I named her Lucky aka Lucky Poo. Being an only child, she was like my little sister. It was amazing how she did things that people think cats would never do.

She died about 2 years ago, but was with us for 18 years. I'll admit it, I've never cried for any of my family members death except for hers. I know thats weird, but shes my lil' sis. ;D

Be ready for whatever Sandy. I'm sure you belive that whatever happens is best...

D Student - Chris

Scribbles

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 10:57:50 PM »

I remember so well the last time we were posting about our pets. We shared so many wonderful things. It's a sweet thing to know that you can come here and ask for prayer concerning our pets. I have 3, in a small apartment...and certainly can't have anymore. All 3 were "rescued" in one way or the other. The first one, Maddie,is a Hymalian (dont know how to spell it )...she's old, about 15, Queen of the place. The second one is a all black MainCoon, about 4 years old, Sammie. The last 'orphan' is Mozart, about 2 years old, a small short haired black with white booties. The 2 boys came into my life when they were just very little kittens, and at a time when I needed them the most. I'm truly so thankful and blessed for them. Your little kitty will be in our prayers.
Scribbles

gmik

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 11:05:03 PM »

I will feel blessed to pray for Bethy and you!!!  I am sorry about the last time you posted for prayer-I don't think I remember a problem.  Why would someone think you shouldn't pray for a pet (a family member really)!  Oh well.  We have a great forum now!

pylady

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 11:44:46 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Your kitty, Bethany, looks adorable.  I hope the vet is able to help her. 
Pets are such a wonderful expression of God's personality and His love for us.
They bring such companionship and amusement into our lives!

I'm a little envious of all you pet owners.  I don't have a pet right now, and my husband doesn't want one.   :'( :'( :'(   Maybe someday.  A kitty and a puppy would be perfect.  And a parakeet!  I once had a parakeet that liked to ride on my cat Blacky's back.  Wish I had a picture now!

I will pray for Bethany.

By the way, I'm so glad to "see" you.

Cindy  :)

Kat

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 11:46:12 PM »

Hi Sandy,

I've always been a cat person, I've had them since I was a little girl.  Now we have 3, 2 wondered up and the other my daughter rescued.  They are mostly outside cats, the oldest one (15 yrs) will come in if the weather is real bad.  
We have just gotten another baby pomeranian this week.  My daughter came home with him after a weekend trip. I'll have to put his pic up.
I'll pray for you and Bethany.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

LittleBear

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 03:48:40 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Cats are special! And yes, they are members of the family. I have 2 and they bring life and joy into the house. When we had Sunny put down a couple of years ago, my husband and I both cried for her.

Love,

Ursula

neeter

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 04:42:57 PM »

Hello,
when i joined a few weeks ago i didn't think i'd fit in, but now i know i will, this place is full of cat people!!!  :D (giggle) i have 4 cats:Major, Captain, Bob and Frank. i also have a great dane that i am "foster parenting" for a friend.

Sandy, i will keep your sweet kitty in my prayers, along with you as you go through this time of getting her well.i just spent a bunch of money on Gabe (the dane) for heartworms. he is fine now.

nita

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 05:26:04 PM »

Hello Sandy

I believe that our animals are gifts to us from our Creator and that your little Bethany is part of God's Plan created for His purpose in your life.

It is very difficult and even painful for us to bear seeing our animals suffer, especially  because it may appear that there is no fruitful reason for them to suffer or get sick, hurt, feel pain or suffer like us. I believe that their hurts are for us to bear with them and in doing so this makes us more like our Saviour.

I believe animals have feelings and intelligence. We have six cats :D

Peace and comfort be to you and Bethany Sandy

Arcturus :)

SandyFla

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 09:59:46 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement.

I do believe little Bethany is a gift from God. When she wants my attention, she doesn't say, "Meow." She says, "Maaaa." Every morning and night she cries for food, then she cries for milk. When she's done, I put her over my shoulder and burp her - and, yes, she burps! :) Other times she'll cry and paw at my leg when she wants me to pick her up and rock her. Lately she's taken to crawling up on my shoulder, wrapping her paw around my neck and "hugging" me close.

You can see a video of Bethany, and her sister, Twinkles, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAmQv1bXqoc. My mom is feeding them and I'm behind the camera.

Sandy

gmik

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 05:01:18 PM »

AAHHHH  that was so cute!!! Thanks for sharing. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.