bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: acts of Love  (Read 4516 times)

javajoe

acts of Love
« on: September 08, 2007, 11:08:26 AM »

Good morning everyone,

I read Galations Chapter 5 this morning - i believe it is my favorite chapter in Scripture.  I like especailly vs 6:

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

I see alot of faith expressing itslef thru love on this forum, and the beauty is that I can tap into it everyday!  What an encouragement!  :)

Thanks everyone!

hillsbororiver

Re: acts of Love
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »

Thank you Joe,

What you posted certainly fits in with;

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It all starts with the mustard seed of faith culminating and maturing into the charity/love we will all share one day, the "earnest" or down payment of this gift still can be overwhelming even as we still live in this flesh.

His Peace to you,

(the other) Joe

javajoe

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:23:33 PM »

Thank you Joe,

What you posted certainly fits in with;

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It all starts with the mustard seed of faith culminating and maturing into the charity/love we will all share one day, the "earnest" or down payment of this gift still can be overwhelming even as we still live in this flesh.

His Peace to you,

(the other) Joe

Actually I'm the other Joe, you were here first! 

I need to be reminded that "His words are spirit, and they are life", every time I read Scripture - makes understanding them a whole lot easier and more meaningful.

javajoe

DuluthGA

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:14:06 PM »

Now expectation is not mortifying, seeing that the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the holy spirit which is being given to us. Rom 5:5

Love must be shared or there essentially is no love.  I'm so appreciative for Ray's June 07 bible study notes (and thanks Kat) on Saved by Grace Through Faith by Divine Influence Upon Our Hearts.  SUCH A GREAT ONE!!  This study reveals God's underlying love for us while He continues His processes of making us into His image.

Be rejoicing in the Lord always! Again, I will declare, be rejoicing! Phil 4:4

Thank God for His divine influence on our hearts!
And I appreciate your sentiments about this forum JavaJoe.  ;)
Janice
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:43:42 PM by DuluthGA »

gmik

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »

Thanks (java)Joe.  I agree w/ you about the forum and I love that scripture.

Show me your faith! Well, I can't except thru maybe random acts of kindness or giving my life for yours.  And everything in between shows the world of our life hid in His. We have His love poured out in us as Janice shows but as Joe says, it is the SPIRIT not the flesh.

Just believing is accounted as righteousness. (God told Abraham)

There is really a lot of meat to be gleaned here.  Whew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.