bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All is Vanity  (Read 5964 times)

ciy

All is Vanity
« on: September 09, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »

The word "vanity" appears 29 times in the book of Ecclesiastes, an absolutely marvelous book.

Coupling this with Ray's teachings and writings on "all is all" and "it is all the same", it seems to my eyes to be saying that nothing we do in our flesh, in this age, is good.  It is all vainity or vain glory.  It is a chasing of the wind.  No one is good no not one. 

We cannot act good because that is flesh. 

We cannot act like Christ because that is flesh. 

The only thing we can do is become Christ; otherwise, we are like all of the multitudes trying to work this life out in our own understanding.  It cannot be done according to the scriptures.  Either give up this world and everything that is in it, the great, the grand, the good, and the bad, or die with this age still in you and in your sins.

In other words like John the Baptist says, "He (Christ in you) must (has to with no other option) increase (grow from the inside out pushing out and purging one of all of their carnality, good or bad) and I (the beast or carnal man whether a good man or a bad man) must (has to completely) decrease (slowly die out little by little, line upon line, precept upon precept)

This is an amazing encouragment and powerful to me and I hope it blesses you too.
CIY

Deborah-Leigh

Re: All is Vanity
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 03:52:49 PM »

Hello ciy

Rodger has recently posted in the Mark of the Beast Thread, the following excerpts he copied into his post: We are a combination of God and man. We are men with God superimposed upon us through Jesus the Christ. We have not yet experienced this in its fullness, for when we do we shall have disappeared from sight and only God through Jesus the Christ will ever be seen. "He that is JOINED TO THE LORD IS ONE SPIRIT" (I Cor. 6:17). All through the ages God will create us in his Image.

What strikes me is where Ray says ~when we do we shall have DISAPPEARED FROM SIGHT....

I understand this to mean that we will be so joined to the Lord that we will be of one Spirit! Won't THAT be SOMETHING!

Makes me wonder at all the Religious attempts today that counterfeit what only God can accomplish!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

brandon h

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 04:16:21 PM »

Hello,

We cannot comprehend what it will be like to be literally one(the same spirit) with God. In agreement with you, ciy, our little attempts to act "good" or "christian like" or whatever you want to call it do not get us closer to our Lord. All you have to do is look at the majority of congegations in Babylon to see that. It's funny because just very recently God has ministered to me showing first hand that it doesn't even matter how much you make yourself read a day. It's essential to know his word, yes. But a minister(from TBN) has the whole New Testament memorized and doesn't know a lick about the truths of God. And as I judge myself I see that I can read three times a day and surprise myself by giving in to an act of the flesh I didn't see coming. It's really such a daily process! As God maticulously works in His sons anf daughters day and night to prepare them for sonship and priesthood, all we can do is make it our number one aspiration in life. That of all of our relationships, seeking the heart of the Christ is number one. Daily searching for the coming of Christ in our situations. If we act when it's not truly in our herats, we trust in flesh. This is really a heavy word if we meditate on it. If Christ hasn't delivered us from it, we can act all we want, we're still not delivered! I'm enjoying this topic. Thanx for posting.

God Bless

ciy

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 05:03:48 PM »

Great posts Arcturus and Brandon H,

Amazing how easy it is to get back to being good in the flesh which is great deception.

It is always a process we must fight daily.

Deuteronomy 7:22 And the LORD thy God will put out those nations before thee by little and little: thou mayest not consume them at once, lest the beasts of the field increase upon thee.

Also like Brandon pointed out it is what is in one's heart.  It is the intent of one's heart.
Genesis 50:19 And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
 20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

It is great to meditate on the Word of God.  Like you say Brandon, you cannot just read it you have to eat it and taste the sweetness going down.  Once it is deep down it changes you.

Thanks
CIY

LittleBear

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 02:23:32 PM »

Hi CIY,

I just finished reading Saved by Grace through Faith. What you say is true, we can't produce anything good on our own. It will always be tainted, off, flesh. It is all in vain, useless.

But we have such hope that God's works will be manifest in us. His works, not our own.

Rom 8:29 for whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

That is the end result, and it's for HIS glory.

It's something to keep in mind when we are going through various trials, that those trials are part of His works, and are meant to conform us into Christ's image, which is the image of God. Speaking for myself, it is too easy to look at the hardship, the hurt, the pain, the uncertainty, and forget that God is at that very moment, working, and for a glorious purpose.

Heb 12:1-2 ...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Love,

Ursula

ciy

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 02:26:47 PM »

Ursula,
You wrote:

That is the end result, and it's for HIS glory.

It's something to keep in mind when we are going through various trials, that those trials are part of His works, and are meant to conform us into Christ's image, which is the image of God. Speaking for myself, it is too easy to look at the hardship, the hurt, the pain, the uncertainty, and forget that God is at that very moment, working, and for a glorious purpose.

I agree and thanks for the encouragement.
CIY

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:28:02 PM »

Hi CIY,

Even the best and brightest are wallowing in darkness until they/us let go of the darkness that is our own reasoning and wisdom, once we begin to empty ourselves of this (through His Spirit) we can grow spiritually and begin to gain the only wisdom that will not fade into oblivion.

1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1Co 3:20  And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

1Co 3:21  Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

1Co 3:22  Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

1Co 3:23  And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Great topic and comments, His Peace to you,

Joe

DuluthGA

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 02:42:34 AM »

It would be great Arcturus to have that specific Ray reference to:

What strikes me is where Ray says ~when we do we shall have DISAPPEARED FROM SIGHT....

If possible... would love to read/hear more, or just give the roundabouts of its location.  ;)

:)

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 10:17:09 AM »

I'm meditating on the latest teaching of Ray Saved by Grace through Faith, and it has me thinking.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things

The heart is where are deep emotions are situated.

Gen 6:5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

It seems our thoughts are also involved in the heart. Thoughts and emotions directly influence each other. All the unrest in the world result from anger or rage or a feeling of injustice for self. You can even see on this forum that people's feelings get hurt or they get angry and this influences them to react. Then:

Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation(Israel), And said, they do always err in their heart: And they did not know My ways;
v. 11  So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter into My rest.
v. 12  Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any one of you an EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God.

Do we go in and out of faith? I know in my life, if I look at the circumstances of what happens when I am in a trial, I become fearful and dissatisfied. This is not trusting God. If I keep my focus on God and remind myself that He is in control, I settle down and can be at peace.

Then:

Eze 36:26 I will give you a new hear and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

I would like this now please. My question is, can we possibly walk in His statues now? I'm thinking of how I react to situations in my life. My emotions change depending on my circumstances, and I would like to know that I am walking with His grace. Grace= divine influence on the heart. I would like to walk with His divine influence upon my heart. Is this possible? Or is it a process? Otherwise, it's vanity, useless.

Love, 

Ursula 

Kat

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »

Hi Ursula,

You ask, can we walk in His statues now?  Only by Christ in us.

1John 3:24  And he who keeps His commandment dwells in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He gave to us.

When Christ's Spirit enters our mind/heart, only then do we began to obey God's spiritual commandments.

Eph 4:23-24  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Janice, you ask about a reference that Arcturus made.  This was taken from a post of Rodgers.  He stated it was from a 'defunct link' of BT or a link no long recommended.  I do not believe that it was ever in Ray's writings, that is the reason for the 'defunct.'  Rodger implied he had kept it to help his own understanding.  But anyway it was not from the BT site.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 05:33:01 PM »

Well that is a revelation Kat!

It is not the first time that Rodger has posted information from a "defunct" link of BT!

Janice, the comment I made in my post was based( and I did state this ) on the understanding that this WAS what Ray taught and in respect and high regard for Ray's insight, I took it to mean what it said and accepted it on the support and merit also of what John the Baptist said being John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Not taking this to mean we must become annihilated as some heretic teach! I saw no deeper connotations but have to say I am most grateful for the clarification Kat.

Might I suggest that part of the Forum Rules include no posting from claimed "defunct" links that present teachings that are not written by Ray Smith. It might help!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 05:34:22 PM by Arcturus »

DuluthGA

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 11:04:55 PM »

Many thanks very much for important clarifications Kat and Acturus!

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.