bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Price You Pay for Truth  (Read 10893 times)

bambam

The Price You Pay for Truth
« on: September 09, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »

I just don't get it!!  The Bible makes more sense to me now than it ever did before, yet my heart struggles to grab hold to what I believe is the truth now.  Why?  Because of my church.  It just doesn't make any sense at all that a church that is completely blinded to the truth would be so giving, loving, caring and unified!  I KNOW the Devil has decieved the nations, and he is really good at what he does.  But it's just this church, you know.  I was reading in Luke 6:22-23

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall seperate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
          Rejoice ye in that day and leap for joy:   for behold, your reward is great in heaven:  for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

I always thought that when Scripture spoke of persecution, and being hated and cast out, and reproached, it was speaking of wicked men.  Men who you knew hated, and cursed people.  But now I am faced with the fact that the ones who do this are the very people that are in my church (or at least some of them).  I am speculating of course.  No one knows about me yet(except the pastor-barely), and boy are they going to be surprised.  But I can't see them hating me.  Praying for me to "get right with God"  or leave the heresy I have been studying, maybe.  But hating?  That's pretty strong language. 

Then again, I have not shared my beliefs, partially because I am afraid of what people will think, and how they will react.  The other reason is because I am not always able to give a decent answer to questions I have been asked by my family members who know about me.

The people in my church do wonderful things for one another.  They pray.  People's lives have been changed.  I just don't get it.  They are blind but good things still come from there.  Is this the way it works.  Is the deception so deep, buried in seemingly wonderful things that there is just no way out for them.  There is too much joy, and fellowship, and love and peace.  At least it seems that way. 

Then I come to this passage in Luke 6 again, in verse 26.

Woe unto you when all men shall speak well of you!  For so did their fathers to the false prophets.

That hit me like a ton of bricks!  All these men that are well spoken of amongst themselves are false prohets or the followers of them.  It's crazy.  It's backwards.  It's upside down. 

But it's even harder to walk away from when everyone else thinks they are right and you are looney!  At least that's what I believe everyone will think of me-that I am looney!

As much as I wish I could leave, at this moment it would break my husband's heart and scar our marriage-I am not ready for that.  Am I supposed to break his heart and scar our marriage?  I Don't have a serious problem with leaving our church.  I mean I would miss the fellowship in a way, but I am an introvert so I like being alone alot.  But my husband.  He is what keeps me here in this place.  Frankly, I hate it because the longer I stay, the more I struggle with my feelings.  I keep thinking, if I could just break away.  But then my mind goes to all of the great and wonderful things that people are and do there.  But it's all not real?  I can believe that, but to share that?  People not only think I am looney, but they get majorly offended, and can't believe I am saying what I am saying.  Again I am speculating based on my husband and pastors responses to me. 

All I ever wanted-all I ever asked for was the truth.  I just wanted the truth.  Is the truth really this hard?  It would seem so!  What do I do?  I really want to know.  I really want to believe!  I want to love God and follow Him, and if I have found the truth, well, it is going to cost a pretty penny.  That value is not money or possesions, but it's people.  People that I cherish.  Is this the cost?  Is it?

a lover of Truth,
Beth         

Kat

Re: The Price You Pay for Truth
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 06:09:21 PM »

Hi Beth,

Reading through your post, I think you have come to realize what it is you are being lead to do.  I don't think it's suppose to be easy  ;) 
Maybe you are seeing the fellowship in your church, the giving, loving, caring and unified, but is this the work of the spirit or the works of man?
There are a lot of good things in this world, but it all pertains to the flesh and appeal to our vanity and lust.  We can only know God through the Spirit.

John 4:23  But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
v. 24  God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

God has given the Elect a much different way to be prepared and learn at this time.  I am confident that God is doing what is best for the Elect, and we really are being separated from the world, literally as well as spiritually.  I think it must be necessary to be separated even from our family (if they are blind and we see, there is a separation) to be worthy of Christ.

Mat 10:37  He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
v. 38  And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
v. 39  He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Just keep studying and praying for God's Spirit to lead you and I will be praying too.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:12:43 PM by Kat »

dawnnnny

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 06:13:17 PM »

Hi Beth
I understand your dilemma to a certain degree.  Yet at your last question...Is this the cost?
I can't help but think that the answer is yes, that this may very well be part of the cost. 
I'm very new to all these truths but if we long for truth, we have to be prepared for what the sacrifice for it will be.
But I hold close to the truth that He will also take us through it.
It doesn't mean its going to be easy.  I can see even now, that this is a lonely journey.
I can't imagine that my grown kids would "despise" me for my beliefs, yet that is a possibility isn't it?
Yet I also know that whatever He gives me in this life, no matter how difficult, I know He will be there right beside me.
I read all these posts and I start to reply to so many but I feel so inadequate.  I'm not a whiz kid when it comes to having the right verses, etc.  But I have a heart for people who are hurting.  And that is why I'm leaving my thoughts.
Take is slow, take it one day at a time and always remember that whatever price we pay, He payed so much higher a price.....

javajoe

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 06:57:33 PM »

Beth

What timing was your post!   I am struggling with those same thoughts about my own church. So much of what they teach is spot on, and people are coming to know the Lord, and lives are being changed.  I never ever heard them teach about hell (and I've been there three years), they emphasize changed lives and "getting excited about Jesus", and I love the worship there.  So, I know what they have is the real deal, but I imagine their basic core beliefs are orthodox.  I was going to to tell them about my "ideas" this morning, but fear gripped me and I was afraid of being kicked out.

Yet, I have never been so excited about God as I am since I studied Ray's teachings and joined this forum.  I love God more than ever, knowing He is big enough to save all of humanity (including my unbelieving wife).  Old grudges I have had against people from work and family members (even an old pastor) have disappeared.  I know I need to tell the elders eventually, but maybe now is not the time. Please pray for me and I'll pray for you.

Love In Christ Jesus,

JavaJoe.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 07:22:48 PM »

Hello Beth

Just a few thoughts maybe you can consider....

You say you may be called  "loony". You can bet on it and I believe that will be the kindest of the battery of false accusations leveled against you if Babylonian membership come to see that you WILL NOT BOW to their erroneous doctrines. Expect then to be called possessed of the devil himself and a backslidden heretic.

Regarding their works. Of course they do works. They even work miracles! Works is not what wins merits with Christ. Obedience by taking persecution in the same way that Jesus was slandered, plotted against and finally executed by Church leaders and followers and it is they who are disobedient, profaining the Word, Nature and Character of God.

As for your husband and marriage. It sounds as though your husband knows how you feel and that he has heard you. That is Godly and wonderful that your husband has considered your feelings.he does not have to be directed by what you say. He does have to hear you though and it seems as if he has done his part.

You are already becoming separate to Babylon. I see there is no need to fear for your marriage to your husband if you continue to love, honour and please him! He knows how you feel. You are being made aware of the Truth. God for His Plan and Purpose is not sharing His Truth with your husband right now.  Perhaps God is going to make your husband become aware of the Truth you see, by showing him that you can bear your cross and keep accompanying him into Babylon in order to keep your marriage vows upheld and your husband as leader of your home. Husbands can lead us ladies into the most difficult circumstances that will test and try our faith and obedience to God's Word.

Perhaps  if your husband  sees your submission to him knowing how you feel and the pain it causes to you but that you honour him regardless without trying to manipulate or teach him, it may be how God is going to reach him? One thing you should be doing is staying faithful to what you know is the Truth and not fighting it out with your husband.

God has written this circumstance for you. His Spirit is best to lead, help and strengthen you for what He has written for you to experience, endure and overcome. You do not need to win the favor of men and as Ray has taught in his latest Bible teaching: BOTTOM LINE: IT IS NOT NECESSARY; WE ARE NOT OBLIGATED; IT IS NOT INCUMBENT UPON US; WE DO NOT need TO PROVE OUR FAITH TO THE SATISFACTION OF THOSE WHO DESPISE THE WORD OF GOD! (Ray's Studies/Audio Downloads  Sept 2,2007 Does All mean all? Rays notes for this study )

Jesus has paid the price in full. It is painful yet promises to be rewarding beyond our wildest imagination to follow Him.

Peace be to you, your husband and marriage.

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:36:33 AM by Arcturus »

zander

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »

That was quite a poignant post Beth!  I know there are those in similar positions.  Ive also thought that there is a price tgo pay.  i still sin massively even though i am at peace with "the truth".  Recently been having sex with a beautiful girl and im unmarried.  Had a row with my mother, i was out of order..and if i was blinded at the truth at least i could claim ignorance, but as i know, it makes it harder.

This is a bit cheesy, but i will always remember a line from the recent Spiderman film:

"With great power comes great responsibility"

I have acknowledged that with knowledge of the truth this can be modified to "with great Knowledge (the truth) comes great responsibility.

We now have responsibilities - spiritual responsibilities to do whats right.

Good luck

gmik

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »

Hi Zander, good to hear from you.  Been awhile. 

We can know what the right thing to do is, but w/o God doing the work in us, we aren't going to really change.  I know that from dieting!!  Youth know it bcz sex is such a power in their lives.

Sacrifice isn't easy, but obedience is better than sacrifice. But we can't even obey w/o Him!

I think there is a tantalizing temptation here to just say "well, I guess I will just be in the 2nd....the pond of purification doesn't sound that bad!"

Beth;, I didn't leave church for awhile after I found the truth out from Ray's site.  But eventually, I told my husband, I just can't go anymore...He was listening to me preach all the time and was agreeing and finally he had had enough too.  But that is just my story...doesn't have to be yours.  Are you studying like a Berean???  You do get fellowship here at the forum.  As Arc says, be the best wife you can be.  Listen to the Lord, ifyou can't hear him then learn to listen.  Hard but needful if you want direction.  You have had a lot of advice on this thread.  Re read, pray about it, and TRUST the Lord.  It IS His Will either way.

ciy

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 11:21:32 PM »

Beth

Here are some scriptures to meditate on.

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

1John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Meditate for however long it takes.  God is in control and He will guide your steps.  Rest in the knowledge that God will cause you to do exactly what He wills you to do.  Keep filling up with Him (the Word), seek Him daily, and rest in the knowledge of the truth.

I pray that you will be strong and courageous.
CIY

Robin

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 02:48:50 AM »

It took me a year to come out of the church.

I heard the truth and believed it, but it's like I didn't see it yet. I spent that year trying to get the pastor and members to hear the truth that I heard. No one could hear it. They treated me like I lost my way. The pastor was disappointed in me saying of everyone in the church he had the most hope for me. He told me my beliefs would only lead me to despair. One day my eyes were opened and I couldn't go back. That was the day that God gave me the command that I couldn't go back. He used the same verse that Ray uses. God was patient with me using that year to teach me more. He gave me time to get my feet on solid ground. It's not easy going out alone and it's not easy when everyone is telling you there is something wrong with you. I felt a little crazy myself for awhile. I couldn't understand why I knew this truth and all those important people didn't. It made me think there was a flaw in my thinking.

The truth keeps building on itself and everything I learned fit with what I already learned. God will lead you where he wants you to go and he'll give you the desire and the faith to obey him.

GregR

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »

James 5:19-20

Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Pray for God to give you an opportunity to share your beliefs. If God wants you to tell someone he will allow it. It's his planet, we need to ask permission in prayer sometimes.

I told my pastor, whom I love as a brother, that I don't agree with his teachings on tithes and offerings. Straight after he just taught on it.
The Lord spoke to me during the sermon, and no-one went near him after his sermon, so I just went with it. You have to just do it. Instead of sneaking around, just tell your pastor what you believe. See if he's humble enough to receive it.

The church I go to "prides" itself on its' theology and knowledge, even with it's glaring flaws. I can't believe how they can be so blinded to it. When I used to read scripture, most of it didn't make sense to me, because it was so out of context. If it doesn't make sense, we're not reading it right.

It's so frustrating, spending the day with people, going out with them and watching them witness to people from other churches, knowing that they are wrong as well. Try getting a word in like," I was wondering what your church teaches about tithing...". It's pointless, because your own brethren will turn on you like rabid wolves.  WE'VE GOT THE TRUTH HERE! (i.e. not like all the other churches blah blah blah)

The problem is, they aren't willing to go outside the safety zone of the church system they're in. Even though things don't make sense to them either, they just "trust in the Lord".

I'm giving them time, I've told the pastor. It took me 3 months to be confident that I've got the tithing thing right. They need time as well. To share my experience, I told my pastor that I didn't agree with him on tithing, that it is from the old covenant. He had the bible open on the pulpit at Malachi (big surprise). He actually said that it "is not the old covenant". I was speechless. This is the guy that is supposed to "labour in the word".

The other thing that really gets me is that the church is full of people that have done bible school, a 3 year course on the bible. Yet, they don't question the tithes and offerings thing for a moment. Go figure.

It's like the above post, great worship, a lot of truth and zeal, just some poison mixed in.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:44:26 PM by GregR »

YellowStone

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 04:08:32 PM »

Hi CIY,

Your post really got me thinking, so much so that I held off this response fopr several hours. Oh sure, I fully understand that what I am about to say maybe exactly what you meant; however the Scriptures that you quote were used often during my church days and I feel that they may mean different things to different folk. Which is why I am posting my take on them. :) There is no attack on you at all.

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

This verse was always confusing to me, for did not Christ come to save the world and not judge? (Jhn 12:47) Why then the need of the sword, was it to maim, hurt or kill his children. I do not believe so; the sword is for humanity as shears are to a fruit tree. Christ will shape his people, ridding them of carnal inclanations, prideful thoughts, hate, anger and lust, thus pruning his people. This of course can happen in any number of ways.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Once again, if one looks at this at face value, one might think that there should be no peace between loved family members; that there should be no love at all. But, this is not what is being said. Rather, as one becomes shaped according to His good will, a variance will occur that may be counter productive to the status quo. What should one do? Well walking away from Christ is failure just as walking away from loved ones, leaving them to defend for themselves. The division in thought and belief is NOT for our punishment, but for our growth. How can one learn the fruits of the Spirit if one does not endure? Christ endured to the death, giving his life for those who did not even recognize him. His people must be wiiling to do the same, and any division should be seen for exactly what it is. :)

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

This follows pretty much from the following verse. Yet, what are we instructed to do with our foes/enemies? We are to love them and never stop praying for them. (Mat 5:44) Is this not unconditional love, a fruit of the spirit?

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Ah, and this is a tricky one. Man has a somewhat tainted view of love. Love has many facets which has been brought out in Joes thread on love. What Christ is saying, is that one cannot love ones family and Christ at the same level. Personally, I have only been able to truly love my family since Christ has opened my heart and soul to him. I Love my family VERY much, but NOT instead of Christ, but BECAUSE of Christ. There is a huge difference!! :)

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

This was another tough one for me; how was I going to take up my cross and follow Christ? What would I need to do, sell or my stuff? Dress in sack cloth? Memorize the bible and study day and night? Make a cross and drag it behind me? :) Nope, none of the above. What was Christ signafying by dragging his cross? Well to me, it was to signify the struggle it is to trust God with ones life, by letting go of everything and trusting God completely. My cross is a metaphor for my carnal nature that seeks always to drag me down. I cannot escape my nature or the world, yet I must bare it on my shoulders but keep it away from my thoughts and my love for God. This requires perseverance, faith, trust and a lot of prayer. One cannot do this on ones own.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Of course this verse might mean that if one loses ones life for Christ, one will find the real life; however, I believe the greater message is not about how one dies, but rather about how one lives.
an without God has only a perception of life. Let's eat and drink for tomorrow we die" Isa 22:13 Many are beginning to clone themselves for use in the future, no trust there. No hope either. :)

One must let go of this life and trust God in everything. This means letting go of past beliefs and traditions. Only then can one begin to live the real life and the peace and fulfillment that this life brings. Psalm 23 is a perfect reminder of this.

Well this is how I see it. Comments welcome. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 04:17:14 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 05:36:08 PM »

Hello GregR

I too went to Bible Colledge and without the Truth to compair, I too went around with my eyes wide open SHUT! :D Only His Spirit can bring understanding and until such time, I too went through thinking I knew if not all, well, most of it having not a clue!

They are truly blind leading the blind! Nothing helps blindness except HIS healing Spirit.

I believe these two scriptures show an interesting characteristic of God when seen to witness one to another.

Rom 10 :17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

If you continue reading on from Rom 10:17 you will see that even though Israel heard, they did not obey...

1 Cor 1: 21...it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Faith and belief are the same thing and those who believe not in lip service with hearts far from God but those who believe and OBEY, are those who are in receipt of the Grace of God opening their eyes and not only their ears to hear sounds without meaning and precepts upon precepts without understanding.

I too have been in the hearing but not seeing Church deceptions. I really believed I knew what I knew was the whole truth and nothing but the truth and then God helped me!

Peace be to you

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 05:37:46 PM by Arcturus »

bambam

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »

My husband found my post here and took it to my pastor.  I went to meet them and my pastor says that I have gotten into false doctrine.  I believe he saw in me the lack of desire to admit that I have gotten into false doctrine.  I felt horrible sitting there feeling in my heart that my pastor is wrong.  I think my husband is thinking that pastor would be able to convince me I am wrong.  I am not trying to prove anything to anyone!  I just do not want to live a lie.  However, living a lie may be the only thing that keeps my home and family unified.  

I have to leave the forum.  I am just not strong enough.  I am just going to read my Bible and pray for the answers.  My husband and I are "leaders" in the church.  A position I knew I would be in someday when I married my husband.  But now, I do not want to be in this position, but my husband thrives on his church ministries.  They give him joy and happiness.  If I do not "give up" this "false doctrine", my pastor cannot allow me OR my husband to be in leadership.  We can still be members, but not leaders.  I understand that because he does not teach and my church does not believe what I do.  

The catch is my husband.  I love him dearly, and never wanted to hurt him.  He can have his ministries-but in my heart I know the truth.  Even if I am not strong enough to stick by it (which makes me sad and angry at the same time.), my heart cannot run away from it.  

I just feel, though, that if I have to come before the pastor and "recant", (no matter how nice he is, and sweet and loving, this is what he has in essence asked me to do) then I will not be able to deny the truth.  

It will destroy my husband and maybe my home.  I don't want that but I do not want to lie either.  My heart aches.  But I have to move on and care for my family.  We began our schooling at home today and it has been extremely difficult to keep my head in the game.  

It is with sadness and regret that I leave, but it is for the best right now.  My husband's trust in me depends upon it.  Thank you for your consolation and counsel!!  I will miss it here!   :(  

Still held in God's hands,
Beth

YellowStone

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »

Beth, my heart and prayers go out to you.

Please never try to second guess God. :) He knows you better than you yourself. He will not test you knowing you will fail; rather that you will learn. That he has planned this is clear, even though what it is may not be. Hang in their dear sister, be supportinve and loving of your husband. Who knows what may come out of this.

Trust in God with all your heart :)

Love,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 07:06:05 PM »

Hello Beth

My husband and I were also both in Church leadership. The Pastor split us up as we used to attend Leadership Meetings together as a UNITED couple and we were too much to handle. In order to gain the upper hand, I was kept in the Pastors meetings and my husband was placed in another group run by the Pastors sidekick. This was all done to divide and rule us. The strategy failed. I still and neither would my husband, bow. We began to get the tacit support from the membership and this really threatened the Pastor. So we were demoted out of leadership! What a PROMOTION!

Shortly after, I posted a thread here on the Forum that I think carries some of the pain I was feeling at the time called I am Struck! It was a real shock and there was no weaning off of Babylon. I was CUT OUT.
What a BLESSING.

I believe what you are doing to stay in peace with your spouse is what the Lord would also approve. HE knows your heart. I do not think it was by accident that your post became available to the Pastor and your dear husband! You are being dragged and being dragged is painful.

Please keep reading Ray Smith. He is your teacher from the Lord not some deceived, arrogant, hypocrite who would have a marriage put at risk rather than loose one of his leaders or members!

Did your husband read the thread here or only the post you posted, I wonder......

Peace be with you

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:09:06 PM by Arcturus »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 07:28:21 PM »

Bam here is the reality of our churches and babylon today;

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

God bless,

Alex

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 09:10:44 PM »

Hi Beth,

I can't really add anything to what has already been posted, only that I can see you are living His prophesies. Keep seeking His Truth rather than the praise of men and high status in a carnal man made entity, the inspiration and determination you have to keep your family together is a noble cause.

1 Corinthians 7

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

I am certain that "unbeliever" can also be applied to those who are worshipping another god, not the God who will bring all His creation to Him as Sons and Daughters.

His Peace and Wisdom to you Sister,

Joe

DuluthGA

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 11:50:56 PM »

I very much liked your post Darren.   :) ;)

And Beth, I hope you can at least read Ray, but I honestly think it will help your mental health to stay forum active if at all you possibly can... on weekend nights before you retire... somehow, or just here and there.

God love ya for what you are going through!  No cake walk, and I admire you.
With Christian love,  :)
Janice

ciy

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 12:18:13 AM »

Darren,

I believe these scriptures are strong reminders for us not to reason with our own understanding.  When we start to reason it out in our own mind we start reasoning by what seems commonsensical to this world system.  It is a hard saying as the disciples say in John 6.  We (me included) always look for ways out.  It is our God given tendency.  It is how religion comes about.  We mix God's word with our own understanding and you will get man's religion every time.

It is hard to realize that when we find the Kingdom of God it is like a fine pearl that we sell everything and buy the pearl.  Ray just gave a talk on how all means all.  Everything means everything.  We are to place everything second to God.  So we think God would want us to love people and show it, but in God's plan loving people is shown through one's love for God at the expense of the world.  If we have any little bitty bit of the love of this world (age) then the love of God is not in us. 

I saw where according to Barna Research's polling that something like 85% of christians thought that the verse "God helps those who help themselves" was in the bible.  Not only is it not in the bible it is the exact opposite of the message of the bible.  That is how we so quickly go back to the wisdom of man instead of trusting God with all of our heart we think this is the way it must be because that is the way everybody does it. 

Like you said, "Beth is in God's will".  And we all are always just like Judas was in God's will so that whatever you just did God caused it, but we are to look to our next act to agree with and get into God's will so as to seek a better resurrection.  In other words, agree with God so that whatever we do we count it all joy.

I believe that because man will always favor the traditions of man instead of the truth and spirit of God's word is the reason Jesus asks "will he find any faithful when he returns".  Like Ray's talk says, "Being saved is the hardest thing anyone will ever do."  It takes a peculiar person who will actually read God's word and then do what it says.

Be Blessed.
CIY

YellowStone

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 12:28:38 AM »

I very much liked your post Darren.   :) ;)

Thanks Janice :)

Love in Christ,
Darren
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.