bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pls. pray for me and my wife  (Read 5770 times)

oneofthefew

Pls. pray for me and my wife
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:05:12 AM »

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I hope and ask God that all of you are well specially all the ones who are administering this site. God bless you and your families for all your selfless work in the Lord.

Before I came to know God's truths I served as a lay minister on a church for 10 years or so. Also, mine  and my wife's immediate family members are all "christians". Even more, my father-in-law is a pastor and leads another "christian" church. Lately, he became aware that my wife and I are no longer attending church. I must say he is quite argumentative when it comes to things about God, the bible and the christian faith and he was kind of angered by our sudden decision. Now, he suggests that we start attending the church he leads and promises not to mislead us (he's mislead himself). As the man of my own family (my wife and i have a 4 month old baby), I wanted us all to honestly and openly obey God's word so after sharing to my wife "we came out of christendom". I also had a chance to share to our family although not every one of them believed.  I'm aware that my father-in-law will want to have a discussion (or debate) on this and I welcome it as much as I know the truth.  But I love all my family and as much as I dont want to create a rift between him and myself or my family, I'm not sure if this can be helped. My wife and I don't want to attend his church or any church(part of christendom).

If you have any word of advice, please feel free. Pls. include us in your prayers. Thank you.

GODSown1

Re: Pls. pray for me and my wife
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 01:12:23 AM »

Hey brother,
                sorry! but i am of few words :), all I can say is jus give it 2 GOD daily, U sound safe & secure 2 me, GODBLESS! u & ur families!, Keep strong! Keep Positive! but! of all KEEPS!! :) haha! KeEP! the FAITH!!, I feel All will b well 4 uZ! brother Peace b wit U..
                muchLOVE!! Pera

DuluthGA

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 01:31:29 AM »

Dear Oneofthefew,

Hi... welcome!  :) So glad you posted tonight!!  :)

Eph 3: 16   that He may be giving you, in accord with the riches of His glory, to be made STAUNCH WITH POWER, THROUGH HIS SPIRIT, in the man within,

I would love to say a few more things but must cut it short for tonight, sorry, have to hop.

But I would love to refer you to a great, very recent (9/2/07) Ray audio:  Parts 1 and 2 of "Does All Mean All?"  Very good worthwhile info for those attempting to share the scriptures of:  God will [of course :D] save every one of His creations, both human and celestial.

http://bible-truths.com/audio/09-02-07%20Part%201.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/09-02-07%20Part%202.mp3

And of course new brother in Christ, you and yours have my sincere prayers.

I hope to chat more with you soon and see ya around... make yourself at home!  :D  Lord knows we all do!  ;D

With special joy for you being here,
Janice

Kat

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 01:36:56 AM »

Hi oneofthefew,

I am glad you feel you can share your concern for your famly with us.  It seems like you have already made some big changes, leaving your position as lay minister.  You have shown your family you care, by sharing what you believe, but I guess your father-in-law is not going to be so easy.  I think the spirit will continue to lead you in what to say, even if your father-in-law does not take it well, you will have tried, one day he will understand, if not in this age then the next.
I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 03:37:58 PM »

Hi there, you taken a courageous step in coming out of the church...and praise God that your wife is in agreement!  I will be praying for you that your courage continue in His strength and peace.  God will see you through.

Much love and peace to ya,
Diana

iris

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Peace and Love
Iris

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 04:37:44 PM »

Hi and God Bless,
What a brave man you are, Him in you has given you this strength so far and He finishes His work in you.
I will pray that your families eyes are opened to the truth and He will speak through you to them.

God Bless you and give you peace

Sansmile :)
Walk in the Spirit

Sue Creamer

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 04:43:07 PM »

oneofthefew,

My only thoughts are pray for guidance first, act in a manner as if the outcome all depends on you, be kind, sincere, honest and say what is in your heart.  The rest is up to God...you can't go wrong because God is in control and he will guide your words and actions...God's will, will be done!!!
peace,
Sue Ann

ez2u

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 01:13:53 AM »

Here is a scripture that might help you in your st pe3ggyruggles with your father in-law
3:9  But keep back from foolish questionings and genealogies and arguments and quarrels of law, for they are unprofitable and vain.
Tit 3:10  After the first and second warning, avoid a man of heresy,
Tit 3:11  knowing that such a one has been perverted and sins, being self-condemned.
Arguing the scriptures is not good, sharing with someone that is hearing is is good.  It doesn't sound like your father in-law feels he can learn anything from you right now so why would you want to talk with him about this if it isn't profitable in Christ Jesus.  Just a thought Peggy

LittleBear

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »

Hi Oneofthefew,

It's great you and your wife are together on this. What a great blessing!
Keep us updated on how you get on.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 08:01:32 PM »

Hi.  When family is involved that is a toughy!  Most of my family just assume everything is the same.  They don't ask and I don't tell. 

You do have a harder situation.  I am more on the same page w/ Peggy.

Have you read Ray's article on witnessing?? It does help ease the stress a bit.

But unless God is dragging someone, you may as well be talking to the moon. At all cost, try to avoid strife and division w/in the family, if it is possible. If not, it may be a trial you are supposed to go thru, but I will be praying for you no matter what.

God Bless.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »

Hello friend and like minded brother in Christ!

I wanted to let you know, you are in my prayers, as well as all those the Lord allows me to pray for.

You are in good company.

In Christ,

Alex

oneofthefew

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 11:19:24 AM »

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kindness and for including us in your prayers. I am really encouraged that I can fellowship with you all in this way. I appreciate all your wisdom on my concern. I will keep you posted. 

God bless you all.

oneofthefew

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »

Dear Friend Nathan,

Thank you for sharing.
I will certainly be praying for your situation. It is good I think that you and your wife are able to travel this path together.  Please remember to honor her tenderly in every facet of this situation, especially as her daddy is so close to her and because her influence on your children is so important.

Even though my wife and I have had similar challenges in our marriage, I cannot advise on such little information.  Regarding your in-laws, I can only suggest that love and patience on your part over the next several months will make an impression on everyone else that will let them see you as a true leader in your family and in some way give your wife's parents confidence that their daughter and grandchild are in good hands despite your differences with them.

Be of good courage and please feel free to share your concerns.

indianabob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.