bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evil Bible.Com  (Read 5227 times)

brandon h

Evil Bible.Com
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:06:03 PM »

I don't know if anybody has checked out this site yet, but if you google bible truths you'll find it down the list of websites. It seems to have been created by an atheist woman. She truly has a dislike for the church and christians, but the funny thing is......She has points. All of her articles seem to center around why atheism is more realistic than the christian God. Now she obviously lacks spiritaul understanding, but she points out the obvious contradictions in the church.Like how christians say God is all-loving, but will eternally torture most of mankind. Or how a perfect God made man..yet man messed up His plans by sinning. There's other things, but again, she is decoding the bible with a carnal mind.

But it pains me when I see that people can support their atheism by exposing the false god taught in the church. I'm (carefully) considering posting a topic on their message board about some of the truths of God, but this lady's hatred for christians seems pretty passionate, so it would have to be totally of the spirit. The fact that she dedicted hours upon hours to make this website tells me she may have even been burned in the past. If you get a chance, pray for this group.

God Bless

DuluthGA

Re: Evil Bible.Com
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 02:37:32 AM »

Hi Brandon,  :)  Thanks for post!

Of course I will pray for the author(s) of this site to turn them around if it His will... and I'm sure (only) to the blinded eye do they have some "good points."  Not only do the atheists have "good points" but certainly scholarly theologians have "good points" as well.  Ha ha, wink wink.  :D 

What delighted me this evening was Ray's recent audio which is related:  http://bible-truths.com/audio/09-02-07%20Part%201.mp3, "Does All Mean All?"

I'm going to paraphrase a small portion in a very sketchy manner.  The audio is great, and I hope Sonofone reads this or listens to it as it answers some of his questions from earlier this evening:

Why doesn't the Greek word for 'all' [pas] mean ALL, absolutely, completely, ALL of the time, all inclusive, every, without exception?  If so it would be much easier to very plainly point to the scriptures that declare that God will save all His creation.  But sometimes in the Greek, 'all' means only 'just as many as' or some.  So you really cannot securely base this proclamation on the verses such as 1Tim 2:4 that contain the word 'all'... "Who will have ALL men to be saved"....  even though we know from context that it is so.... because the theologians [and my insertion, atheists who twist the words of God] are technically right about the word 'all' meaning both only some and all.

So how to "take them on" when they by the hundreds of thousands have been studying these things for two thousand years?  Ray provides lots of alternatives.  But further on this 'all' matter... Ray goes on...

To say that these blinded souls acknowledge that in other verses 'all' means 'all' when they want it to BUT NEVER when it comes to salvation... no, because they not only despise the Word of God but these people are vengeful and hurtful and they want certain people to go to hell.

Why did God do it this way?  Why, to make it easier and more plain, didn't God give one very strong word for the concept of a complete 'all'?  Then they wouldn't have an excuse to blaspheme God and say He's not going to save everyone and torture them forever in hell.  But why didn't God provide such a word?

"Because if He did... how would Satan deceive the whole world? [Rev 12:9]  How would these theologians be deceived if there were no room for deception?"

Ray cites:

Isa 28: 10, 13    For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
v. 13   But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Otherwise "they" wouldn't fall and be broken and snared and taken (captive)... in their own demented minds....

"But if you have a heart that doesn't think the rest of humanity is as good as you then there's room to pervert the scriptures, pervert one's mind and be easily deceived.... THAT'S WHY THERE ARE LOOPHOLES IN THE SCRIPTURES."

"That's the way the word of God is."

Ka-Pow! :D
Janice

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 03:32:44 PM by DuluthGA »

insanezenmistress

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 02:01:23 PM »

hey i read that sight. Shortly after my 'reconversion' It threw me for a loop. i spent weeks megga peeved at god for being what the author saw him as........but then when people would try useing such arguments on me i always felt like .........but that is not god as I KNOW him.

if you want to make a comment, expect her tribulation. They are obsessed with argument by outrage. One such person aske dme once if god willed a little 10 year old to get raped. I could only tell her no he gave us rules of behaviour so that we WOULD not rape but we chose to go agianst that............but she kept at me and in the end all i could say was YES GOD DID!........GOD WILLED IT, god also suffered it with her and will ADVENTAULLY heal both her and her perprotrator...........

But that arguement did not fare very well. I went away confused and she kept her anger to Jehova.  I suggest not useing the natural man cannot understand spiritaul things arguement... lol

Justine
[/i]

SandyFla

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:34:07 PM »

I just checked out their forum.

Years ago, before I found Ray's site, that stuff would've made my blood boil, and I'd be in there arguing passionately--probably to the point of being banned.

Today I have no desire to post anything there. I feel no anger at all toward them. Only pity.

Sandy

YellowRose

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:48:31 AM »

Wow, I decided to take a look at that website.  They have so much rage; it's very sobering for me to be a witness to it.  I feel very sad, on the one hand, that they so completely misunderstand God and the truths about Him.  On the other hand, I feel very humbled to know that God so loves those people that He sent His Only Son to reconcile them to Him.  I am grateful to know that because of His love, one day they will confess, believe, and understand that Jesus is Lord.  I am so grateful to God for that hope, for their sake. 

Good night, everyone.

In His Service,

Cathy

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

Amen Cathy, very well said!

Peace,
Diana

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 12:50:38 AM »

In case you have not noticed atheism is catching the eyes of the public and the latest fad. PBS just showed a three part show on this topic. It was very intellectual and I felt it made itself look rather boring.

The person who wrote and starred in the show introduces the general public to the notion of  “Un-Belief”.  He tries to lure them in by showing how ridiculous and dangerous All Theists are:  Christians, Jews and Muslims and other religions.  And we know he is absolutely right. Christian who should no better are often the worse. They haven’y a clue how to love their enemies.

The problem with Atheism is that it is blind and does not see itself as a religion.  Tentmakers has a nice bit on the word Religion

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary traces the word back to an old Latin word religio meaning "taboo, restraint." A deeper study discovers the word comes from the two words re and ligare. Re is a prefix meaning "return," and ligare means "to bind;" in other words, "return to bondage

Atheism too binds one mind to a man made belief system.  It worships the logical mind of man. It tries to appeal to reason and science. It never points out the depressing end point to these of these thoughts and ideas and the hopelesness involved.

My favorite atheist quote

If there were no God, then there would be no atheists. --G.K. Chester

Anyway, while watching the other You tube video on Greed I came across this one.  Now I realize that God draws all men to Himself: but what would you say to this guy if he was sitting in your living room tonight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBaVHnuv5RQ&NR=1

I apologize because it is a little long but be patient ...oh how I can identify with this young guys perplexity…he a mirror where I was in the past…

What is the "Good News" ? More importantly how is anyone out there going to here it when they are deaf? At least God has given him the hunger.

Another bite of the scrolls and another Bitter Sweet moment

Beloved

jER

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 05:53:37 PM »

What would you say to this guy if he was sitting in your living room tonight?

It appears that there are those who swim down-stream; making life easier, and there are those who swim up-stream; making life more difficult.
Either way, they are situated at opposite ends (freezing or boiling) – Extremism!  Both derive from the external, whereas, the latter condenses Gods Word to that of Hell doctrines, and the former congeals to self. 

Neither is the "Good News" spoken of throughout the Scriptures, nor by Christ Jesus himself.

My favorite quote:

"Man cannot comprehend the existence of error; He is too deeply immersed in it." -- jER

Therefore, given the opportunity "we can discuss this in greater detail?"

- jER
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:02:13 PM by jER »

musicman

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 10:44:45 PM »

Beloved,
This guy knows his religion.  He's talking to himself on video about the same things that we have all questioned.  He's right.  The church's "good news" really sucks.  He is well schooled in christian doctrine.  I feel his frustration.   

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 11:14:40 PM »

Musicman

Exactly he is so close to the truth. That is why I found this video so intriguing....and engaging .  He is seeing the lies of Baylon.

Beloved

rocky

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 01:04:54 AM »

Wow, thank you beloved for the link.  from that I wrote my ET believing sister an email.  i dont' know if it will make a difference, but maybe.  i've been exposing the UR doctrine for over a year to her slowly. 

Here is my email:

"This in my opinion is good.  takes about 10 minutes, but i enjoyed it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBaVHnuv5RQ&NR=1

This is the type of thinking that led me to believe

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the savior of all  men, espeically of those that believe.

Here are the "especially"

Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The especially group, get to receive a special blessing.  The especially are the believers. 

Guess what they get to do??  What is their blessing??  Bringing in the saving of the "all man"

Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee (the thee is the believers) shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gen 22:18 And in thy seed (that's the believers, the seed) shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, knee shall bow to me, and evert tongue shall confess to God.

Phi 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Now you want to see something cool, "blessed" in Hebrew is defined as this

H1288
áĚřę
bârak
baw-rak'

A primitive root; to kneel; by implication to bless God (as an act of adoration), and (vice-versa) man (as a benefit); also (by euphemism) to curse (God or the king, as treason): - X abundantly, X altogether, X at all, blaspheme, bless, congratulate, curse, X greatly, X indeed, kneel (down), praise, salute, X still, thank.

through Abraham's seed (the believers, the body of Christ), all families will be blessed (to kneel down and praise, salute and bless God)

wow, knocks my socks off. 

loveya

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.