bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update on Bethany  (Read 6245 times)

SandyFla

Update on Bethany
« on: September 11, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »

Last week I asked you to pray for my kitty Bethany and me, as she was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma.

We saw a veterinary oncologist yesterday, and she said Bethy has "the best kind of cancer in the best possible place" (on her upper lip). They took x-rays and found that the cancer has not metasticized or spread. They can simply cut it off.  :) However, that will leave her with a permanent sneer on her beautiful little face.  :(  But considering the alternative (doing nothing, which would eventually cause it to get worse and kill her), I'd rather see a sneer than not see her at all. Besides, she will always look beautiful to me.  :)

Thanks for all your prayers!

Sandy

Kat

Re: Update on Bethany
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:36:12 PM »

Hi Sandy,

I'm so happy to hear Bethany has a good diagnoses and her future looks bright.
Ok, so she'll have a sneer, that will be a good conversation starter. 
Thanks for the update  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »

That is happy news Sandy!

Peace be to you both

Arcturus :)

Our little Persia (Persian petshop mix bread kitty..now full grown cat) has a natural sneer on her that is quite endearing actually :)

The best was our precious Maltese Poodle who the Lord took from us a week ago, had a beautiful smile. All teeth showing...It was quite amazing!... :D 8) ;D and a true delight to see!

gmik

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 07:20:36 PM »

Good News!!!  Ok, so Bethy willhave a sneer, she is still beautiful. My  Jackee Chan has  permenant buck teeth! :D

iris

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:33:21 PM »

Hi Sandy,

That's good news. Bethany is such a cute little kitty. I watched the video of her and she is so sweet. Keep us updated on how things go.  :)

Arcturus...I'm sorry to hear about your little poodle. It always hurts a lot when we loose a part of our family.  :'(

Peace and Love
Iris

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 10:45:24 PM »

Outstanding! The sneer will only add charactor and uniqueness.

Thank you for the good news Sandy,

Joe

pylady

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 11:17:47 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Glad to hear your "baby" will be OK!  Hope she shares many more years of companionship with you.

Cindy ;D

DuluthGA

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 01:01:36 AM »

I bet she will still be able to "kiss" you when she wants to!   :D

Happy for you both,
Janice

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 03:17:24 PM »

Dear Iris

Thank you for your sympathies and kindness.

Peace be to you

skydreamers

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 03:32:31 PM »

Hi Sandy, great news!  Maybe you can nickname her "Elvis" now with that sneer... ;D

Arcturus, so sorry to hear about your poodle...hugs to you...it is such wonderful thing to share companionship with animals, but so sad that most animals do not live as long as we do... :'(

Peace and love,
Diana

SandyFla

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »

Diana,

It's funny you said that because a friend also commented that she will look like Elvis. ha!

Sandy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 04:52:23 PM »

Hello Diana

Have only just now seen your response to my post about our poodle.

Thank you for your kind words.

Life lives. Nothing and no life will be lost in the end. I believe all will be restored to newness in life and love when finally Christ completes His work and hands all over to the Father;D

Peace to you

skydreamers

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 03:23:56 AM »

Hey Sandy, how's Bethany?  Doing well I trust...is she struttin' down the street singing "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog..." to all the neighborhood dogs? ;D

Hi Arcturus....just saw your post...sometimes it's hard to keep track of all of the threads!

Life lives. Nothing and no life will be lost in the end. I believe all will be restored to newness in life and love when finally Christ completes His work and hands all over to the Father

Yes that is an awesome point...when death gets swallowed up this would equal LIFE!  So maybe our beloved pets will be with us in some spirit form as well and we will know them and they will know us.  Maybe then, we will communicate in a way we never could before....wouldn't that be cool?

Peace to you,
Diana

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 05:28:03 PM »

Hello Diana

It certainly is comforting to contemplate HIS Power, Love and Authority! It certainly is.

Peace be to you

SandyFla

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 10:38:49 PM »

Bethany's surgery went well; however, they found 2 growths in her throat and sent them off for biopsies.

The one growth is benign; the other is malignant.

According to the vet, the good news is, it's such a slow-growing cancer that, at age 15, she'll probably not live long enough for it to grow back. But that is also the bad news.

For now, she is eating and drinking well - and gaining weight! She went from 5.2 lbs. to 5.6 lbs. in one week. I know that doesn't sound like much, but she IS just a tiny kitty. When I pick her up, she feels "hefty." :)

And her sneer might look scary to some, but to me, she is more beautiful than ever - because it reminds me of what she's been through and how glad I am that she's still here.

Sandy

Grateful

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 01:22:22 AM »

Aw, Sandy!  I FEEL so, sooo.....  for you and for Bethany..!   I too love our animal companions, and it is ALWAYS hard to lose one!  I'm GLAD that Bethany has the slow-growing kind of growth.....her time with you is very precious right about now.   :-*

I remember once reading a story about a young couple, of which the wife became paralyzed on one side of her mouth, and her husband, being the darling he is, said (of her crooked grin) "I think it looks kind of cute!"   THAT is the way Bethany is NOW.....adorable STILL .   :)

God BLESS yours & Bethany's time together!

Linda

LittleBear

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »

Sandy,

That is so great that her surgery went well. Pets are so precious!

Ursula
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.