bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Physical Universe!  (Read 12243 times)

Sue Creamer

Re: Physical Universe!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 11:13:20 AM »

To all...

Kat, yes I think Darren's statement does sum it all up with a perfect observation, and I will just have to be content to wait and see what happens...!  In my life when trials became so intense and life so hard, I would always observe nature to find solice from whatever pain I was experiencing at the time, and praying is so easy when looking on such beauty.  It has always been so soothing to my soul to view the heavens, and although not so, I always felt just a bit closer to God.

Thanks
Peace,
Sue Ann

chuckt

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 10:16:29 AM »

To all...

Kat, yes I think Darren's statement does sum it all up with a perfect observation, and I will just have to be content to wait and see what happens...!  In my life when trials became so intense and life so hard, I would always observe nature to find solice from whatever pain I was experiencing at the time, and praying is so easy when looking on such beauty.  It has always been so soothing to my soul to view the heavens, and although not so, I always felt just a bit closer to God.

Thanks
Peace,
Sue Ann

hey Sue good day.

thought you  would get a kick out of this:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070916.html

God bless
chuckt

chuckt

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »

An observation that has come to mind.

In order to reach a vast distance of the Universe from one endless point to another endless point, time cannot be a facter. To the point, God moves to and fro seemlessly upon the Earth, as in the Heavens.

It is so silly to add something like eternity to the Spirit of God, where time does not exist. Where eternity is liken to the totality of time, Scriptures states God is the totality of creation(existance).

We are being created in the Image of Our Father, is All in all, one Spirit,    ONE.

food for thought
Rodger

good thoughts Rodger but ""vast distance" is silly too :P :o ::)

your old pal
chuckt AKA euty :-*

gmik

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 01:32:46 PM »

Euty, Wow, that was cool.  I checked out some of the older pictures.  I love this website.

Thanks Kat, that does make it clearer.

We don't have a clue to what was going on w/ God/Christ/Lamb before the foundations of the world.  The mind boggling size of the ever expanding universe can't be out there for nothing.  Who knows what role it played before the foundations or what role it will have for us in the "all in all".  But we are seeing things in the heavens (like on the link) that no generation before us could ever imagine!!

YellowStone

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 06:08:12 PM »

An observation that has come to mind.

In order to reach a vast distance of the Universe from one endless point to another endless point, time cannot be a facter. To the point, God moves to and fro seemlessly upon the Earth, as in the Heavens.

It is so silly to add something like eternity to the Spirit of God, where time does not exist. Where eternity is liken to the totality of time, Scriptures states God is the totality of creation(existance).

We are being created in the Image of Our Father, is All in all, one Spirit,    ONE.

food for thought
Rodger

Hi Rodger,

I believe you are saying that time is pointless to God, because everything including the universe is in God and God is in everything. This being so, the Spirit of God only metaphorically moves to and fro across the heavens and the earth. However, the concept of time is not foreign to God.

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Psa 104:19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.  

It would appear to me that God is very time conscious, have set in motion a whole universe, filled with galaxies, solar systems, planets, moons and a host of other objects such as comets and meteorites that can by the measure of time (based on the God given understanding of man) be measured to the most finite degree.

Also, we may feel much peace and reassurance, knowing that God knows what we will face and will give us the words to speak at the given time.

Mat 10:19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say. 

With all this in mind, man in his presesnt form must consider time as a factor in all that we do. We can only survive a limited "time" if we do not have all that we need, when we need it. Space travel is severly limited due to the constraints of time.

I think this gives a simple concept of just how big and powerful God is; how many universes, galaxies are there? While in this form, here on Earth; how can we not marvel at the night sky and the vast distances of space, but mostly wonder in amazement at the one who made it all.

All good stuff.

Love in Christ,
Darren

I hope you can see

Falconn003

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 09:03:15 PM »

author=chuckt link=topic=5473.msg43934#msg43934 date=1189945093]
good thoughts Rodger but ""vast distance" is silly too :P :o ::)

your old pal
chuckt AKA euty :-*

Here is another another thought , to clear " vast distance" for ya chuckt.

" once upon a time........"   ;) ;D

Rodger

DuluthGA

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 10:58:19 PM »

From http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3633.0.html, words of Ray in blue:

With all physical you have the laws of thermodynamics always enforced.  Everything in the universe is doing three things, cooling down, slowing down, and deteriorating.  Spirit doesn’t cool down, slow down, or deteriorate.... God is everywhere!  He is in us and we are in Him, because He is spirit.

So the universe is headed toward its finish as all physical things are.  One day when He deems, it will completely cease and no longer exist.  I don't think the physical universe will play any part in the kingdom of God.  I think it's here just for show now, to show some of His glory and grandeur... His "calling card" per se  :D and increasingly He allows us to be able to view more of it to perhaps "call" some to Him. Forget about it for later though.  It will be a WHOLE NEW BALL GAME then that we cannot even imagine now. :P

Now it is difficult for humans to understand how spirit can be anything.  But understand that spirit is a whole lot more real than the physical, because the physical is temporary and spirit is eternal. 

:)

Sue Creamer

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 08:37:55 AM »

Chuckt,

Yes I did get a kick out of that...I can't picture me out there right now...I have a fear of heights.. ;D
he he he

Thank you...
Sue Ann

SandyFla

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 04:17:16 PM »

I might be way off, but here's how I like to think of it:

While the heavens and earth will pass away (Matthew 24:35/Mark 13:31/Luke 21:33), there will be a new heaven and a new earth (Revelation 21:1). The Lord will say to His faithful servants: "You've been faithful over a few things; I will make you ruler over many thing" (Matthew 25:21 & 23).

If thousands or millions of people will be rulers over many things, perhaps SOME of those things will be other planets and/or galaxies. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Sandy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.