bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Physical Universe!  (Read 12583 times)

Sue Creamer

Physical Universe!
« on: September 12, 2007, 09:23:28 AM »

Hi All,

Joe posted some very spectacular pictures of the universe some days ago, about some new galaxies that have been discovered, and it made me think about our tiny little space in that great big universe!!!  I started to think about how it would feel to zoom through space (as a spirit being) and explore everything God has created when a thought hit my mind that I want to throw out to you for comments.

Will the physical universe go on even after creation has been reconciled to God???  Will God keep the physical universe as is...???  I guess I have always pictured in my mind that when we are spirit everything else will be spirit....??? The "Unlimited" Universe is physical and yet physical human beings cannot enjoy it other than to view it on some microscope....!!!   

Peace,
Sue Ann

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
Re: Physical Universe!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:52:36 AM »

Hi Sue Ann,

I don't beleive that there will be a physical  earth or heavens. He says:

1Co 2:9)  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

(2Co 4:18)  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

(Rev 21:1)  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

We will be as one spirit

((1Co 6:17)  But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

(1Co 12:13)  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

(1Co 15:44)  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

And ALL will be reconciled  to the FATHER

Col 1:19)  For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

(Col 1:20)  And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

God's Peace
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Sue Creamer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:10:47 AM »

Sandie,

Doesn't it seem a waste of the universe (as it is now, physical) that we can't and never will be able to see it up close and personal???  Might sound silly but I wonder if the physical mirrors something similar of the spirit??

peace
Sue Ann

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:16:25 AM »

Hi Sue Ann,

I can see your point. But maybe we are only to see it from afar. The earth looks beautiful  from space , yet we know what horrors  it can hold. I just feel that the beauty of the universe is a shadow  of things to come :)  We can only measure against what we can see and if that fills us with awe, at His creation, what He will reveal in the "new world"  our eyes have never seen nor can imagine.

Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

chuckt

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »

what we see is temporal. as a matter of fact the galaxies we see  that are millions of light yrs away
are really only the light from them. no way to tell what is there NOW :o

linear time is a trip.

inlove
chuckt

Sue Creamer

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 11:51:36 AM »

Maybe my real question is to God,  and that would be... "Why" have you created such mind boggling beauty and something so unfathomable to the human mind (we can only see the tinest portion) only to do away with it when "all is in all".  Part of my waking dreams is that I would someday experience that universe up close and personal ... !!!  Since we see through a glass darkly right now, I like to think maybe the mystery of the universe will be one of God's revealed surprises...!!!  I might be sooo out in left field...... :)

Peace
Sue Ann

chuckt

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »

Maybe my real question is to God,  and that would be... "Why" have you created such mind boggling beauty and something so unfathomable to the human mind (we can only see the tinest portion) only to do away with it when "all is in all".  Part of my waking dreams is that I would someday experience that universe up close and personal ... !!!  Since we see through a glass darkly right now, I like to think maybe the mystery of the universe will be one of God's revealed surprises...!!!  I might be sooo out in left field...... :)

Peace
Sue Ann

i know what you mean!! i personally love astronomy and anyhting to do with the universe.

its so huge yet men put God in a little box.

be well Sue.

God bless as you ponder Gods great universe......one day, one day!!

chuckt

Kat

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »

Hi Sue Ann,

All we can really do is speculate on this.  But what I think about is that this whole vast universe was created and but a tiny speck (earth) is being utilized by the human race.  So was it never meant to be more than it is, just countless galaxies spinning around in space?  Somehow I think that the grandeur of the cosmos is for the enjoyment of His children.  

Rom 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed in us.
v. 19  For the earnest expectation of the creation waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.
v. 20  For the creation was not willingly subjected to vanity, but because of Him who subjected it on hope
v. 21  that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
v. 22  And we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.

I can't even imagine what glorious things that God has instore for this human race.  The cosmos is created beyond reach for human beings, but not for spirit beings  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:06:53 PM by Kat »

Sue Creamer

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 12:41:58 PM »

Kat,

Ahhhhh..I loved your post, it  has given me hope that maybe my dream will come true.   I think my favorite verse is verse 21...!!  I know God says the heavens declare his glory, and until I am shown differently, I believe that someday I will see that glory up close and personal..!!

Many thanks for your post..!
Peace, love..
Sue Ann

chuckt

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »

[ I believe that someday I will see that glory up close and personal..!!

not only will you see it you will be part of it as you are now dear sister!!

Dan 12:3  And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

40 There are bodies celestial as well as bodies terrestrial. But a different glory, indeed, is that of the celestial, yet a different that of the terrestrial,
41 another glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars, for star is excelling star in glory.
42 Thus also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is roused in incorruption.
43 It is sown in dishonor; it is roused in glory. It is sown in infirmity; it is roused in power.
44 It is sown a soulish body; it is roused a spiritual body.
45 If there is a soulish body, there is a spiritual also. Thus it is written also, The first man, Adam, "became a living soul:" the last Adam a vivifying Spirit.
46 But not first the spiritual, but the soulish, thereupon the spiritual.
47 The first man was out of the earth, soilish; the second Man is the Lord out of heaven.
48 Such as the soilish one is, such are those also who are soilish, and such as the Celestial One, such are those also who are celestials.

blessings
chuckt

Sue Creamer

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 04:03:18 PM »

Chuck (my brother)

Thank you.....!!!  I have the biggest ole smile on my face now, such lovely, encouraging  scriptures..!!  How do you remember all these scriptures???  Oh, I think I know.."e-sword"  ????  I have got to learn these bible helps..!!! 

Sister Sue...

p.s. funny, my immediately family have labeled me "sister Sue" but only because they think I talk to much about spiritual things...!

gmik

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »

I love Universe stuff too.

Here is a question, hope people will still be reading this thread.

Why billions and billions of people?? When will He have enough for His family-the all in all. I am curious as to why God needs so many when actually so FEW will be called.  Few relative to billions could be millions or just a couple hundred- who knows?

I assumed the Universe had something to do with it- we would need to fill it somehow and do "stuff" ::)  :D

skydreamers

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »

Hey Gena, as I read your post the craziest idea came to me....just an idea mind you...nothing to back it up...but since God seems to express truths through patterns of foreshadowing and types....maybe, just maybe

the few bring in the many into God's family here through planet earth

and then

the earth (the few) brings in the many other planets (other planets with other life???? maybe???)

and then

our little universe (the few) brings in the many other universes

and so on and so on

I realize at some point God becomes all in all but how do we know where this ends really.

God gave Jesus, the firstborn, the ability to create....

Shall the firstborn of the firstborn also be granted this ability to create worlds?  We may not be able to "procreate" but if we are to "be like God" in His express image, will we have the same abilities to create universes?  Will we even want to?

Like I said...crazy thoughts.  But I've thought about this before too.  When will there be enough souls for God that He will feel His family is finally complete?  There seems to be an "end" which the scripture speaks of, as in when Jesus gives back authority to the Father and He is all in all...but maybe this is just an end to a process that can be repeated endlessly.  The process is what is laid out to us in our scriptures...how God is making man in His image...shall we then understand how to continue to create more beings in our/His image...

Maybe that's what the other planets and universes are for...waiting for us to fill them.....

But I suppose that wouldn't work because then sin would have to crop up again and again...and we are told sin will be no more and there will be no more tears etc.....but perhaps that's just directed to us in our universe within our ages....

Well anyways, it's fun just to imagine...

Thanks for reading my ramblings ;D :D (not to be taken seriously ;))

Peace,
Diana

musicman

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »

I love Universe stuff too.

Here is a question, hope people will still be reading this thread.

Why billions and billions of people?? When will He have enough for His family-the all in all. I am curious as to why God needs so many when actually so FEW will be called.  Few relative to billions could be millions or just a couple hundred- who knows?

I assumed the Universe had something to do with it- we would need to fill it somehow and do "stuff" ::)  :D

The number 144,000 in the book of Revelations comes to mind.

gmik

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 12:39:44 AM »

Diana, I like that theory alot!!

Musicman, l44,000 out of billions is just a drop in the bucket.

I once heard that the "sons of God" who presented themselves to God in Job 1  were from "worlds" around the universe.  Adam should have been there but gave earth to satan when he sinned, so thats why satan could be at this councilmeeting :D

Anyhoo, it would have been nice if the Bible would have spelled it out clearer for us.  Exactly what does "all in all" mean?-physically or spiritually. What will we be doing for "eternity" or are we just for an aion? What is the purpose of being a family if we are in a spiritual vastness called "all in all".   AAAAHHHH getting too deep, and its all vanity since we don't know. I dare say it will be GOOD! :)

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 01:10:34 AM »

9/13/07

Interesting speculation, Sky Dreamer,
Also, if the Universe is endless, I suppose it could expand forever.

How about going the other way for a minute.

All of these plans for multiplying the souls and planets in the future.

When did God begin all of this?  (I know, He lives outside of time)

How far back does the plan and the laying of the foundation go?

What was God doing before HE thought of all these wonderful ideas?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Please write when you have something more definitive.  Ha ha.

Bob

YellowStone

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 01:43:01 AM »

Hi everyone,

I love this subject, because it in itself prooves beyond any doubt that there must be a God. Let us just assume that the universe in which we live has an end, perhaps a brick wall. What's on the other side? What about the furtherest known galaxies awyf from us, 100 billion ligh years from us. The known universe is just so big, almost beyond human comprehension, yet it is as nothing. What if this universe was as a grain of sand amongs trillions upon trillins of other universes?

Suire some might scoff at the idea, but why? Even if this were true, could we hope to understand it. Please do not think that I am suggesting this is true; however, to limit the possibility of anything is to limit God. I have an inkling that there is NOTHING in this world that is going to prepare us for what is to come. I think it will far surpass even the grandiose speculation.

Right about now, I can't get past the beauty of rainbow, the sweet fragance of a flower, the aroma of fresh cut hey and the sound of wind in the trees. Kind of puts things into perspetive, hey. :)

Great discussion,

Love in Christ,

Darren

Kat

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 03:09:36 AM »

Hi Gena,

I saw this in your post.

What is the purpose of being a family if we are in a spiritual vastness called "all in all".   

Maybe if I can share what I think about this it will help you.  To be "all in all" is when all come to be perfectly one with the Father.  Here is a scripture that shows we are to be 'one' with the Father, as Jesus and the Father are one.

John 17:21  that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us,

The Elect are now in the process of being made into the image of God, so when we are born into the kingdom, we will become perfectly one with Christ and the Father.

John 17:23  I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one;

Jesus was perfectly one with the Father on earth and everything He did was exactly according to the Father's will.  But Jesus Christ is a separate being from the Father, even as they are 'one,' He came from the Father.

John 16:28  I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

So anyone born into the kingdom at the first resurrection will also be perfectly 'one' with the Father as Jesus christ is.  But we will remain separate beings with our own personality, even as Christ is one with the Father, He is not the Father.

When all of mankind is brought into the kingdom to be one with the Father, then we will have "all in all."

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

I hope that was of some help  :)

I also have a couple of emails from Ray concerning the life on other planets.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1488.0.html ----------------

peace,

Is it possible that God has at some time created life on other planets?

Christian

Dear Christian:  Well, certainly not in our Solar System. No planet in our Solar System can sustain life. For what purpose would there be life on other planets? Jesus died for the sins of "the WORLD," not the sins of interstellar space.

God be with you,

Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3621.0.html ---------------

> Hi Ray, I stumbled upon your website and have spent the last couple of days
> glued to it as it's interesting stuff. In reply to someones email concerning
> aliens/UFO's you made this statement.
>
> "There are no alien beings that live on planets and have perfected
> interstellar space travel."
>
> Can you quote any scripture to prove this? If not, what is this statement
> based on?
>
> Thanks Azza.

Dear Azza:
The statement is based on science/astronomy, and the Scriptures.
Jesus died for the sins of the "world," not the sins of the "universe."
Eve is the "mother of all living," etc., etc., etc.
I should think that all people know that interstellar space travel is
physically impossible. Even traveling at millions of miles an hour,
there are very few places that one could go in less than a thousand years!
Everything is TOO FAR AWAY.
God be with you,
Ray
---------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Sue Creamer

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 08:52:53 AM »

Darren,
I am with you, so much to enjoy now here on this earth...!

Kat,
Ray points out there is no way "humans" can visit or live out there in the great universe, but a thought came across to me that as a spirit being it may be possible....!!!  If in spirit we retain our identities and our personalities I am sure our "curiosities" about God's creation will not be satiated until we view it all. 

Indianbob....yes I guess your statement "inquiring minds want to know" fits just where I am.  I am sure the time will come soon when we will all be in the know. 

Thank you all..
peace
Sue Ann

Kat

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »

Hi Sue Ann,

I think Ray's emails comments were directed towards the idea that God has human life on other planets at this time.  Now what may be possible for this human race, once they are spirit being, I certainly believe involves this rest of God's creation  :)
I think Darren had it right when he said, I have an inkling that there is NOTHING in this world that is going to prepare us for what is to come. I think it will far surpass even the grandiose speculation.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.