bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Verses on suffering/tribulations/afflictions  (Read 11530 times)

DuluthGA

Verses on suffering/tribulations/afflictions
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:06:24 PM »

1Pet 4: 19   So that, let those also who are suffering according to the will of God commit their souls to a faithful Creator in the doing of good. [CLNT]

1Pet 5: 10   Now the God of all grace, Who calls you into His eonian glory in Christ, while briefly suffering, He will be adjusting, establishing, firming, founding you. [CLNT]

Heb 2: 10   For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Phil 3: 10      That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Mat 16: 24   Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.  [Also Mark 8: 34]

Mat 10: 38   And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Luk 9: 23   And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Mrk 10: 22   Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

1Pet 2: 21   For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Phil 1: 21   For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Gal 5: 24   And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Col 3: 3   For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Phil 3: 8   Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Rom 12: 1   I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2Tim 2: 11-12   The saying is sure: If we have died with him, we will also live with him;  if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he will also deny us;  [NRS]

Gal 2: 20   I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Rom 6: 3   And do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? [Weymouth N.T.]

1Jhn 2: 6   He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Mat 11: 29   “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

2Cr 1: 4-5   [God] Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.  For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.   

2Cr 1: 6-7   And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.  And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

Jam 1: 12   Happy is the man who is enduring trial, for, becoming qualified, he will be obtaining the wreath of life, which He promises to those loving Him. [CLNT]

Job 42:11   Then all his brothers and all his sisters and all who had known him before came to him, and they ate bread with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversities that the Lord had brought on him.  And each one gave him one piece of money, and each a ring of gold.

Rom 8: 13    for if you are living in accord with flesh, you are about to be dying. Yet if, in spirit, you are putting the practices of the body to death, you will be living.

*** Continued below***

« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 02:48:57 PM by DuluthGA »

DuluthGA

Re: Verses on suffering/tribulations/afflictions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »

1Cr 15: 31   Daily am I dying. By this boast of yours, brethren, which I have in Christ Jesus, our Lord, [CLNT]

1Pet 4: 16-17    Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Psalm 119: 71, 75      It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes….[75] I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

Rom 5: 3-4   Yet not only so, but we may be glorying also in afflictions, having perceived that affliction is producing endurance, yet endurance testedness, yet testedness expectation. [CLNT]

Rom 8: 17   if so be that we are suffering together, that we should be glorified together also.  For I am reckoning that the sufferings of the current era do not deserve the glory about to be revealed for us. [CLNT]

1Pet 2: 19-20   for this is grace, if, because of consciousness of God, anyone is undergoing sorrows, suffering unjustly.  For what credit is it if, sinning and being buffeted, you will be enduring it? But if, doing good and suffering, you will be enduring, this is grace with God. [CLNT]

Jhn 15: 20   “If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you;”

1Tim 4: 10   For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Acts 5: 41   And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Phil 1: 29      For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

2Cr 4: 10-11   at all times the dying of the Lord Jesus bearing about in the body, that the life also of Jesus in our body may be manifested, for always are we who are living delivered up to death because of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our dying flesh, [Young’s Literal Translation]

Acts 14: 22   Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

1Pet 4: 12-13   Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Mat 10: 39   “He who is finding his soul will be destroying it, and he who destroys his soul on My account will be finding it.” [CLNT]

Jhn 12: 24-25   "Verily, verily, I am saying to you, If a kernel of grain, falling into the earth, should not be dying, it is remaining alone, yet if it should be dying, it is bringing forth much fruit.  He who is fond of his soul is destroying it, and he who is hating his soul in this world, shall be guarding it for life eonian.” [CLNT]

Col 1: 24     I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for you, and am filling up in my flesh, in His stead, the deficiencies of the afflictions of Christ, for His body, which is the ecclesia  [CLNT]

2Tim 1: 8, 12   Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;……. For which cause I am suffering these things also, but I am not ashamed, for I am aware Whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that He is able to guard what is committed to me, for that day.

Jhn 21: 19   Now this He said, signifying by what death he will be glorifying God. And saying this, He is saying to him, "Follow Me!" [CLNT]

2Cr 11: 23   Are they ministers of Christ?  I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

Isa 48: 10   Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Rev 2: 10   Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

1Pet 5: 8-9   Be sober! Watch! For your plaintiff, the Adversary, is walking about as a roaring lion, seeking someone to swallow up; whom withstand, solid in the faith, having perceived the same sufferings being completed in your brotherhood in the world. [CLNT]

Jhn 15:2   every branch in me not bearing fruit, He doth take it away, and every one bearing fruit, He doth cleanse by pruning it, that it may bear more fruit; [Rotherham’s]

1Ths 3: 3-4   No one is to be swayed by these afflictions, for you yourselves are aware that we are located for this.  For even when we were with you, we predicted to you that "we are about to be afflicted," according as it came to be also, and you are aware. [CLNT]

Rev 1: 9   I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

2Ths 1: 4-5   So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:  Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Mat 24: 9   “Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.”

1Ths 1: 6   And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, receiving the word in much affliction with joy of holy spirit, [CLNT]

2Tim 4: 5   But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Mark 13: 19   For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. 

Rom 12: 10-13   Let us have fond affection for one another with brotherly fondness, in honor deeming one another first, in diligence not slothful, fervent in spirit, slaving for the Lord, rejoicing in expectation, enduring affliction, persevering in prayer, [CLNT]

Psa 34: 19   Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

2Cr 4:7-10   ...we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are
hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed...
perplexed, but not in despair
persecuted, but not forsaken;
struck down, but not destroyed
always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

Jam 1: 2-3   Reckon it nothing but joy, my brethren, whenever you find yourselves hedged in by various trials.  Be assured that the testing of your faith leads to power of endurance. [Weymouth N.T.]

2Cr 4: 17   for the momentary light matter of our tribulation, more and more exceedingly an age-during weight of glory doth work out for us – [YLT]

Psa 119: 71   It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Job 23: 10   But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

1Pet 1: 6-7   Rejoice triumphantly in the prospect of this, even if now, for a short time, you are compelled to sorrow amid various trials.  The sorrow comes in order that the testing of your faith--being more precious than that of gold, which perishes and yet is proved by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honour at the reappearing of Jesus Christ. [Weymouth NT]

Mrk 1: 12-13   And straightway the spirit is ejecting Him into the wilderness.  And He was in the wilderness forty days, undergoing trial by Satan, and was with the wild beasts. And messengers waited on Him. [CLNT]

Mat 4: 1-3   Then Jesus was led up into the wilderness by the spirit to be tried by the Adversary. [CLNT]

Acts 9: 15-16   But the Lord said unto him, “Go thy way: for he [Paul] is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:  For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.”

Psa 66:10-12   For you, 0 God, have proved us; You have refined us as silver is refined. You brought us into the net; You laid affliction on our backs. You have caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but You brought us out to rich fulfillment. [NKJV]

Rom 8: 35-37   Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Col 2: 20-22   If, then, you died together with Christ from the elements of the world, why, as living in the world, are you subject to decrees: [CLNT]

2Cr 1:5   Because, even as the sufferings of the Christ overflow unto us, so, through the Christ, overfloweth, our encouragement also.  [Rotherham’s]

1Jhn 4: 17   Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world[See Isaiah 53 below]

1Pet 4: 1   Christ, then, having suffered for our sakes in flesh, you also arm yourselves with the same thought, for he who is suffering in flesh has ceased his sins, [CLNT]

Rom 6:11   Likewise count yourselves also to be truly dead to sin, but alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Pet 2: 4-5   Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. [NKJV]

Jam 5: 10   Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

1Pet 3: 14, 17   Yet if you may be suffering also because of righteousness, happy are you. Now you may not be afraid with their fear, nor yet be disturbed, .... 17 For it is better to be suffering for doing good, if the will of God may be willing, than for doing evil, [CLNT]

1Jhn 3: 16   Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Jhn 16: 33   "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Psa 119: 50   My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. [NIV]

Jam 5: 13   Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

1Jhn 5: 4-5   For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.  Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Rev 3: 5   He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 3: 12   Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 3: 21   To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 21: 7   He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Note from Ray:  "Overcomes"  WHAT?  Overcomes the sins of the FLESH, the sins of the CHURCH, and the sins of the whole WORLD. We must overcome just "AS" Jesus overcame.

Isaiah 53
[1] Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
[2] For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
[3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
[4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
[5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
[6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
[7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
[8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
[9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
[10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
[11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
[12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

THIS POST LAST UPDATED AND ADDED TO ON:  10/8/07
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 02:50:04 PM by DuluthGA »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 10:05:23 PM »

Excellent work there Janice,

I can see we were thinking right along the same lines, it took me well over an hour to compose my last post on the "What did Paul Volunteer For?" thread.

Great stuff I hope many of our members contemplate and take comfort in the verses you presented.

His Peace to you,

Joe 

DuluthGA

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »

Thanks Joe,

I've been wanting to get these posted for awhile.  It's amazing how many related N.T. verses there are; I didn't take that many from O.T. for space reasons.

How many have heard sermons about all these over the past centuries? 

Would I be wrong in guessing very few? :D

I think it would probably wreck their chances of filling up the collection plates.  :D

His will be done!
Janice

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:53:22 PM by DuluthGA »

YellowRose

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:43:44 PM »

Janice,

I am in awe of God's timing on this one.  I came home from work emotionally drained and spiritually disheartened.  A pandora's box of power plays and petty jealousies and mean spiritedness broke out among the staff yesterday and today, much to my complete shock, horror, and confusion.  God put me in the position of observer today, lifting the veils from my eyes about what is going on all around me.  I came home on the verge of tears and I was feeling very desperate about getting out of there as soon as I can.  I spent 40 minutes in this state of mind and then I stepped back and looked at it from His viewpoint, and I realized that whatever whoever thinks they are accomplishing or having to fight for is all for naught because ALL OF IT BELONGS TO GOD IN THE FIRST PLACE.  That was the first ray of peace that shone down on me.  Clarity began to fill my heart and I realized that I was feeling very afraid because I am at a loss to know how to handle and react to this new (to me) reality at my job.  Then His Spirit reminded me that I am called to be the salt of the earth, so I looked up scripture verses about that.  Here is what I found:

Ye are the salt of the land, but if the salt may lose savour, in what shall it be salted? for nothing is it good henceforth, except to be cast without, and to be trodden down by men.  Matthew 5:13

For every one with fire shall be salted, and every sacrifice with salt shall be salted.  The salt [is] good, but if the salt may become saltless, in what will ye season [it]? Have in yourselves salt, and have peace in one another.  Mark 9:49-50

The salt [is] good, but if the salt doth become tasteless, with what shall it be seasoned?  Luke 14:34

Those scriptures were all a comfort to me, because I recognized that this is definitely a testing He is bringing me through, but they did not yet explain how I am to react to and handle the very different environment in which I now find myself.  I was only aware of my desire to react to and handle it with the same carnal manner that it is being dished out, and I KNEW that was not the answer!!!  I struggled with that for a while and eventually realized I am going to have to trust Him to teach me what it is I don't yet know/understand.  I came to the forum tonight for what I thought was a break from my thoughts only to find your beautiful post on verses on suffering/tribulations/afflictions, and I feel Him guiding me and comforting me in ways I don't really understand but I know that they do.  I have printed them out and I am going to lie down in bed and read and pray about them tonight.  I will keep them in my purse and carry them with me every day. 

This post is a source of great comfort to me and I thank you, dear Janice, for all the hard work you put into it to share it with us.  God bless you!!

Please keep me in your prayers.

In His Service,

Cathy

Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 01:15:31 AM »

Hi Janice,

That was a very compelling list.  There certainly are a great amount of scripture on the suffering and afflictions we must go through.  Thanks for sharing that with us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

skydreamers

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 05:33:55 PM »

Janice, thank you so much for sharing this list with us, I know how much work it can take to put something like this together!  You are a blessing!

Peace and love,
Diana

DuluthGA

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 05:15:08 AM »

Thanks all, but only copying and pasting was involved.  I keep a running set of several/many scriptural theme papers that I continually add to and that I use mainly for myself and friends and my grown niece and nephew as well as a few new others… exposing them to the Word without preaching one word.  Ha!  Ain’t God grand?  It's all right there.  Over time, I am incorporating these compilations into my mini-ministries. :)

Yes Joe, these verses viewed collectively actually comfort me.  What else can I say?  It's what I call 'home' and now I know why.

Cathy... great idea to keep this list in our pocketbooks!  While waiting in awful lines or for appointments or car service to be completed, stuck in traffic, whatever... they serve as good grounding Words, and we know the outcome... God's unfolding love:) :) :)

It is my hope that future forum readers will benefit by them... as they certainly are right there for us in plain sight without much mystery.

May the One Who knows us completely before we even existed be praised!   :D
And He will see us through it all!  Amen!   ;)
Janice
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 05:17:40 AM by DuluthGA »

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 02:59:59 PM »

Hi Janice,

This is great! I copied and pasted these verses into my computer, so I have them on hand. Thank you so much. :)

Hi Cathy,

I guess your situation is one that God gave to you to help you exercise your faith. I found Jude 19, 20, 21.

These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit. But you beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keeping yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Isn't it great? As painful as it can get, where would we be if we didn't have all these God-given opportunities to overcome?

Love,

Ursula

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 05:24:48 PM »

"My brethren, COUNT IT ALL JOY when you fall into diverse temptations: knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be PERFECT AND ENTIRE, WANTING NOTHING"  (James 1:2-4).

"Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto SALVATION ready to be revealed in the last time.  Wherein you GREATLY REJOICE, though now for a season, if need be, you are in heaviness through manifold temptation: That the trial of your faith, being MORE PRECIOUS THAN GOLD that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto PRAISE AND HONOUR AND GLORY at the appearing of Jesus Christ"  (I Pet. 1:5-7).

To them who by PATIENT CONTINUANCE IN WELL DOING [enduring severe trials with a joyful attitude] seek for GLORY AND HONOR AND IMMORTALITY, ETERNAL LIFE"  (Rom. 2:7).

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 05:43:13 PM »

Thank you Dennis

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

iris

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 07:35:01 PM »

Thank you Dennis for a great post.
The scriptures were very up building.

Peace and Love
Iris

skydreamers

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 09:20:46 PM »

Hey Dennis, thank you for adding those scripture.  It never ceases to amaze me how many times we can read scripture and still be blown away by the power and a "feeling" like you are reading it for the first time!  How unsearchable are His ways indeed!

Psalms 145:3
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.

Peace and love,
Diana

DuluthGA

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 02:36:19 AM »

Hello and thanks to all,

AND PLEASE NOTE:  For those of you who have already made a copy... I have added a couple more verses, so please copy over again.  That's how it goes with these running theme compilations... adding, adding, adding, adding...  ha;D

My two favorites are:  1Pet 2: 21 where Peter informs us we are CALLED imitate Christ and suffer...

For this were you called, seeing that Christ also suffered for your sakes, leaving you a copy, that you should be following up in the footprints of Him [CLNT]

AND that Paul tells us specifically we are LOCATED/DESTINED/APPOINTED for afflictions of the faith...

IThes 3: 3   No one is to be swayed by these afflictions, for you yourselves are aware that we are located for this. [CLNT]

:)

dawnnnny

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 04:55:23 AM »

Hi Janice,

I'd never heard the word "located" for appointed in I Thes 3:3 so I did the Strong's search:

keimai
ki'-mahee
Middle voice of a primary verb; to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively): - be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie. Compare G5087.

I thought "to lie outstretched" was very descriptive of our appointment with afflictions....

I must be honest in saying this new perspective of trials is quite new and now I have more peace knowing that the trials I have are for something positive and not as punishment from God for some hidden sin  ;)

I copied all these verses into my E-Sword, which I'm really loving!!!

Much Love & Appreciation,
Dawn

gmik

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 01:37:09 PM »

Dawn, I just made paper copies of all these scriptures (thanks Janice!)

How do you post them onto e sword???  Thanks in advance. ;)

dawnnnny

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »

Hi Gena!

Esword has a "Topic Notes" function - you create a new topic for a note, then you can copy your stuff into it. 

On the right of your screen, you'll see to tabs on top, one is Study Notes and one is Topic Notes

Click on Topic Notes, then select the little icon that looks like a piece of paper (new topic) - it will then ask you what you want to call the  new note.

Its pretty cool because you can keep adding stuff to the same note later on, etc.

Let me know if you need any more instructions.  Have fun!!

dawnnnny

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »

Oh and what's neat is that you can print the notes too!

gmik

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 01:47:16 PM »

Hey, thanks for responding so quickly.  We must both be on line.  I printed your instructions so I am off to e sword!!  Cool.

LittleBear

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »

Thanks Dawn,

I'm gonna try that too. I really don't know how to use all these programs very well.

Ursula
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.